Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Madrid have announced that they have dismissed their coach on Tuesday morning and reports state that Juande Ramos has been installed and will take training at the club this afternoon.

Bernd Schuster has been sacked by Real Madrid, the Spanish giants have confirmed after a series of meetings on Tuesday morning and is reported to have been replaced by Juande Ramos.

With Predrag Mijatovic said to have been at the forefront of the move, he had already lined up Ramos and the former Sevilla and Tottenham Hotspur coach will take training on Tuesday afternoon after a brief presentation.

The German coach has paid for the turmoil on the pitch and apparently for his comments off it after he stated that Los Merengues could not beat Barcelona this weekend.

Despite leading the club to the league title last term, his inability to produce an attractive and consistent team this season has meant that he has now paid the price.

Sporting director Mijatovic was reported to have been very unimpressed by the trainer's outburst to add to the poor performances in recent weeks and was intrumental in his sacking.

Ramón Calderón had previously wanted to retain Schuster's services for fear of a backlash against him, but he was persuaded to make the move after Sunday's defeat by Sevilla.

Madrid are now said to have appointed former Sevilla and Tottenham Hotspur coach Juande Ramos and he will be at the Bernabéu for the game against Zenit on Wednesday.

Schuster, 48, took over at the Bernabéu after Fabio Capello was dismissed because his style of play was not said to be entertaining enough despite securing Madrid's first championships for four seasons and now the club have removed another title-winning coach.

The former Madrid, Atlético and Barcelona player was warned about his conduct in the press room last term and while results were going his way there was little outcry, but now the team has faltered his latest outburst about the impossibility of winning at Camp Nou has cost him dearly.

Ramos made his name by winning five trophies in 15 months at Sevilla and he added to that by leading Tottenham to the Carling Cup last term, their first major trophy for nine years.

Despite the north London club's subsequent dip in form, the Andalucian trainer's stock held up in Spain and he was tipped to join Real Madrid as soon as it was announced that he had lost his job at White Hart Lane.

www.goal.com

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts

was only a matter of a time

realmadrid seem to sack every manager who wins them a trophy and keep a manager who don't :p

Realmadrid to get relegated with Ramos :D

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think Ramos will be a good appointment for them as he is a good Manager IMHO, and I think his style and experience is more suited to Spanish football.

Cant believe was Schuster said though about "el classico" though!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
He signed his own death certificate by saying they were never gonna beat Barca. I really hope Barca humiliate them badly on Sunday.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
that club is such amess if i was offerd to play wiith them or manage them id turn them down straight away! y would ronaldo even consider going there when the manager whosigns him will only be around for a maxium of a year

·
Registered
113 Posts
After the way that **** spoke about Ronaldo, how he was going to fit into his team i am glad the **** got sacked!!! Just hope Madrid av a **** season and dont finish in the top 4.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Real Madrid are a crazy football club. They go through managers so quickly and it doesn't seem to matter how much you've won for them. A few poor results and you're out the door.

They've just agreed to sign Huntelaar for £17m in January so the new manager is going to have a new player to work with even though he didn't choose him.

I have tbh as soon as Van Nistelrooy got injured I thought they'd struggle this season. Raul is not the force he once was so now they will have to hope Huntelaar is the goal scoring machine so many people on this forum believe him to be.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
To be honest I heard they were left with no option . On sky sports news that spanish guy claimed schuster was at war with the presedent and didnt turn up to take training sessions in protest .

My opinion on juande ramos I think he will go there and do well . He knows the spanish game inside out and most of all unlike spurs he knows the language to communicate with the players .

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
another pathetic farce at real, they always claim to be the biggest but in all honesty they are run in such a ridiculous way its a wonder they acheive anything. ramos will be either fantastic or the biggest disaster they've seen in years

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
This is hilarious but madrid have been on the up in recent times. Capello got them rejuvenated and got them competitive and professional again and won them the league...only to be sacked for being too boring lmao...and then schuster won the the league the following year...only to be sacked because of his antics this season...BUT they have won the league the last two seasons and have some good young players. Honestly, there defence is shocking but going forward, they still possess a threat...lacking that one player who can make a difference though and a strong defender to replace heinze and someone to partner pepe.

This just shows, they are still ARGUEBALY the biggest club in world football. They accept nothing but success and have zero tolerance. lol...funny on the outside but lets be real...everyone wants to play for them.

pz!

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I like Ramos as a coach. However you'll never believe what has just popped up on Goal.

Ramos, supposedly, is interested in bringing some of his former Tottenham protege's to Real Madrid.

David Bentley &, this really get's me, Aaron Lennon. Bentley is, in my opinion never going to be great.

As for Lennon there's more to football than running. I just don't like Bentley's attitude most of all.

Also weren't him & Ramos on really bad terms by the end?

Link: http://www.goal.com/en/news/724/premier-league/2008/12/10/1005161/juande-ramos-looking-to-bring-bentley--lennon-to-real-madrid

P.S.

NoxiousD said:
After buying 95 dutch players, the only dutch member of staff gets the sack...
Schuster's German. :)

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Intersting choice by the club to pick Juande Ramos. I wonder if it was the nationality of the manager who put him ahead of the others. Lately all foregin managers have left rather quickly (left=sacked)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
red dave said:
To be honest I heard they were left with no option . On sky sports news that spanish guy claimed schuster was at war with the presedent and didnt turn up to take training sessions in protest .

My opinion on juande ramos I think he will go there and do well . He knows the spanish game inside out and most of all unlike spurs he knows the language to communicate with the players .
He'll still need to know a bit of English to talk to the Dutch boys!
they really are a joke aren't they! I'd hate for United to ever be like that! but thats the way the game is in Spain, they'll leave you behind as soon as you're no longer useful...

Could you imagine if United was like that... we would have sacked Fergie 100 times, Giggs and Neville would have been forced out of the club...

Scummy team with no loyalty... hope Ronaldo has seen sense!

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
spellbound said:
Intersting choice by the club to pick Juande Ramos. I wonder if it was the nationality of the manager who put him ahead of the others. Lately all foregin managers have left rather quickly (left=sacked)
It's not just foreigners. Jose Antonio Camacho left Benfica after a pretty good season there, even though he won nothing to return to Real, and was sacked(left) after a couple of months. So it's bussiness as usual in the Santiago Barnabéu.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Its not a surprise to see Real part with another manager. Jesus is not available right now so they try and make do with mere mortals ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts