Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
United's Premier League and Champions League Double apparently won't stop Sir Alex Ferguson further strengthening his squad - with German winger Bastian Schweinsteiger the latest player to be linked with a switch to Old Trafford.

The 23-year-old impressed during Germany's march to the Euro 2008 final and, according to the Daily Star, is wanted by United and Chelsea for a fee of around £10million.

The UK press continue to link United with a host of European football's top strikers with Lyon's Karim Benzema, Ajax front man Klaas Jan Huntelaar and Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz all being discussed. Prices range from £15million up to £30m.

manutd.com

Huntellar is now firmly linked with a move to Real Madrid ......................

·
Registered
601 Posts
i think swienstieger is a must buy, i still think we need a box player in attack, but swienstieger is a player that gets on the pitch and adds drive to the team, i now he played mostly right midfield for germany but i think he would do well as another attacking or defensive midfileder becuase he has that drive which we are lacking. he is more of a ballack player but just a little better than ballack because of his energy and drive

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I have mixed feelings about Bastian Schweinsteiger. Im no fan of him but he's a good player.

Since is not my money...for 10 millions..buy!:D

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
For 10million, Fergie must buy this guy. Bastian Pig Mounter is a very good player, who is up with the best on his day and I'd love for him to be a United player.
Not to mention we'd see his gorgeous bird more often. ;)

He can play on either flank, puts in useful crosses, has aa fair bit of pace on him, can dribble with the ball and scores a handful of goals, some of which can be vital...a
yummy bit of gossip!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
schweinsteiger is a very good player and would be a great addition for utd , but who said 10 million if carrick and hargreaves cost about 18 a piece then this german lad is gonna cost more than them

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
sweet fa said:
schweinsteiger is a very good player and would be a great addition for utd , but who said 10 million if carrick and hargreaves cost about 18 a piece then this german lad is gonna cost more than them
Yeah 10 million is pocket change, unless his contract is running out or something!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I started a thread about Schweinsteiger and everyone started having a go saying what a crap signing he would be :rolleyes:

Anyway, I would love to see Schweinsteiger here. I'm a fan of his, and certainly think he would add something different to the team. Though I would question this, as we've just signed Tosic and he'll be cup-tied for the Champions League I think.

But, if we were to sign him in January or in the summer, I'd be delighted.

Sadly though, I think its all just gossip and theres no chance of us signing him.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Would definitely love to see him here and I think he is just what we need. Would be amazing having Ronnie on one wing and Schweinsteiger on the other. To me, he has the workrate of Park and the crossing and scoring of Nani.

·
Banned
292 Posts
Zoran Tosic is arriving so another winger is not required thank you, all we need is a big target man striker, other than that the squad is fine.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Banana-rama said:
Zoran Tosic is arriving so another winger is not required thank you, all we need is a big target man striker, other than that the squad is fine.
Cause he is so proven and all...honestly, you are saying it would be smarter to not use the 10 on a proven international winger, because we have a 17 or 18 year old hotshot coming in?

migueldadon said:
could he be ronaldos' replacement?
Yeah, another brilliant idea, let's start planning life after Ronnie already. Hey where was Ronnie earlier this week? Oh yeah, busy collecting the Ballon d'Or. Yeah, lets sell him and get a replacement.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I know that. You don't have to spell out your comments that are meant to be taken as jokes, as well as everyone's typos. ;)

·
Banned
292 Posts
Cappy said:
Cause he is so proven and all...honestly, you are saying it would be smarter to not use the 10 on a proven international winger, because we have a 17 or 18 year old hotshot coming in?

Yeah, another brilliant idea, let's start planning life after Ronnie already. Hey where was Ronnie earlier this week? Oh yeah, busy collecting the Ballon d'Or. Yeah, lets sell him and get a replacement.
Get your facts right Mr Know it All, Zoran Tosic is 21 years old. Cristiano Ronaldo was not proven when we bought him at the age of 19 to replace Beckham, but he has become a better player than Beckham. Ronaldo, Tosic, Nani, Park, do we need to buy another winger, I don't think so. In any case Schweinsteiger is vastly overrated. The only player missing from our squad is a big target man striker who will lead the line and be in the box to get on the end of those crosses, other than that no other players are required.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Banana-rama said:
Get your facts right Mr Know it All, Zoran Tosic is 21 years old. Cristiano Ronaldo was not proven when we bought him at the age of 19 to replace Beckham, but he has become a better player than Beckham. Ronaldo, Tosic, Nani, Park, do we need to buy another winger, I don't think so. In any case Schweinsteiger is vastly overrated. The only player missing from our squad is a big target man striker who will lead the line and be in the box to get on the end of those crosses, other than that no other players are required.
Sorry, I just figured it he was so good, that he couldn't possibly be 20 (or older) for his first big shot. :rolleyes:

Umm, are you really satisfied with Nani? Oh wait, I will just read one of your posts...

Banana-rama said:
I am not totally convinced with Nani yet, his performances are very up and down from one week to the next so I don't think he is a first choice player yet.
- http://www.manutdtalk.com/forums/160805-post19.html

What about Park, would you rather have him?

Banana-rama said:
Maybe the likes of Park and Fletcher would have to leave however.
- http://www.manutdtalk.com/forums/121672-post1.html

Hmm, so convinced you are willing to let him go. Awesome.

Maybe we should put Tosic in there since you rate Nani and Park so highly. :rolleyes: I mean God forbid we have an alternative in Schweinsteiger to be on the wing opposite Ronaldo, rather than a rookie. He might be over-rated, but he doesn't mind tracking back (which would be awesome with Rafael making his bombing runs down the side to have a mid that provided a little cover for him.) What the hell am I thinking talking sense on a forum...

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
-zuco- said:
What the hell happened to Cappy?

his posts used to all consist of "Hello, welcome to the forum".

Now I login and he's writing essays. :eek:
He's casting a wider net. The young newbies have been warning each other about the back door man .,...

1 - 20 of 189 Posts