Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
How is he walking on eggs shell's he is joined top of table with liverpool and into the next round of the champions league. And look at Chelsea away form is the best in the league. Yes they are dropping points it home but look at some of the games they have played at home Liverpool, Man United, Tottenham.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
marty davidson said:
How is he walking on eggs shell's he is joined top of table with liverpool and into the next round of the champions league. And look at Chelsea away form is the best in the league. Yes they are dropping points it home but look at some of the games they have played at home Liverpool, Man United, Tottenham.

Marty my pet dog would know that Chelsea are a joke, the last 4 years i was really worried about them but this year i aint one bit worried. You seem to big them up the whole time, Cheslsea wont win nowt this year....... FACT!

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Myself I think he's a good coach. He plays attacking football, which is a bit of a rare commodity these days.

Plus for all the people saying they could've managed Brazil to the World Cup in 2002...

I get where you're coming from but I think it just might turn out to be harder than it looks.

Look at Dunga. He has enough attacking talent to leave most defenders lying on the floor wondering what happened?

However look at the results. Brazil under Dunga are about as lethal sausage roll. The play ugly & lose ugly.

So clearly having an embarrassment of riches hardly means you can just stroll to victory with your eyes shut.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
He seems to be in touch with the fans, much like Mourinho was, so Chelsea would be advised to keep him at the helm, to avoid a revolt. However, he has struggled over the last month or so, Deco's gone a bit quiet, and questions are being asked. I'd expect him to stay in charge for at least the next two seasons though.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ive brought this thread back to life as I believe he may be sacked or may walk within the next few weeks.

The media are starting to round on him and results have been really poor by Chelsea's standards .

There is also talk of comunication problems within the dressing room .

I just dont think he knows how to get the best out of Drogba and in my opinion Lampard and Drogba are the key to any glory for Chelsea .

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
never write chelsea off. won the title twice and can pose a threat to us at any time.

i think their only ***** in their armour is the boss. managing international football is totally different from being boss of a prem league team week in week out and its shows. avram grant/mourinho/ranieri all did good jobs at chelsea which is why united respected the teams they put out. problem is they are in the business of no trophy, no job and its a shame really.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
if abramovich keeps sacking the manager its pure madness , all he is achieving is putting the new manager under exteme pressure. the CHELSEA juggernaut has come to a juddering halt and its all self inflicted and utd ,arsenal and liverpool are laughing because 2 years ago chelsea were totally dominant ,but a few bad decisions has brought them crashing back down .
O.K utd and fergie nailed them but a lot was self inflicted by abramovich buying his favourites and making the manager play them.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
sweet fa said:
if abramovich keeps sacking the manager its pure madness , all he is achieving is putting the new manager under exteme pressure. the CHELSEA juggernaut has come to a juddering halt and its all self inflicted and utd ,arsenal and liverpool are laughing because 2 years ago chelsea were totally dominant ,but a few bad decisions has brought them crashing back down .
O.K utd and fergie nailed them but a lot was self inflicted by abramovich buying his favourites and making the manager play them.
I cant see why Arsenal would be laughing. Chelsea have a FAR superior squad
than they do. I would never write Chelsea off. They could still quite easily win trophies
this season. They havent been playing well yet they are still up in 2nd place
and into the last 16 of the CL. I expect them to get stronger as the season
wears on, just like ourselves. Its a 2 horse race for me and the Scousers arent one of those nags.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Scolari has not done much wrong imo.

He has kept faith with anelka when he was on form when he could have put drogba straight into the team. He has tried to make the team more creative with deco and positive with bosingwa who is a very good right back. He has tried and make them less of a hated and 'thug' image team.

This all without really being supported much in the transfer market. If i Scolari i would still be ****ed at missing out on robinho and how kenyon handled that situation with putting shirts with his name up for sale before he even signed. He was asking for trouble when he did that!

Scolari is a top class coach and has proven it at every level and he is taking over a team that was in its peak in joses first or second term.

They along with liverpool (who remind me of united the season we finally got our crown back from chelsea) will be our main contenders throughout the season.

I think he needs time to make his own team that can do what he wants before we judge how successful he bas been here but as for whether he is a good manager/coach...he is world class.

pz!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Never write Chelsea off.

Things may not have went as well as they could have, but they still have a greatly strong squad. They are also 2nd in the League, through to the last 16 of the Champions League, with an FA Cup game to come (obviously) and they haven't been playing that well.

Also, if Juve do eliminate them from the Champions League then that means they may well be inspired due to being eliminated and will then only have 2 tournaments to concentrate on.

They certainly have a lot of improvement to make, but it could well happen.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
i think it comes down to self belief,and at the moment they dont seem to have much..but saying that 2nd in the league,with a huge gd..if they get back to play the way they can,then i think it'll just be us and them again.i think the pool will fluff it again..aresenal i dont think will be near the top two.but we can't just write chelsea off,i reckon they will be our main contenders.

·
23,699 Posts
Just for your information in case you want to punt. :)

williamhillmedia.com

HILLS RE-OPEN NEXT BOSS TO GO MARKET

AFTER suspending the market following a gamble which saw Scolari's price slashed from 50/1 to 10/1 to be the next Premiership boss to leave his position this season, William Hill have reopened their book - pricing the Chelsea manager as 5/1 third favourite to be the next out. 'We acquired a hefty liability on Scolari yesterday, and although we have seen little support for him to be the next manager to go since then we are keeping his odds deliberately low - after all, if Chelsea should lose to Manchester United this weekend there might well be a renewed clamour of discontent amongst fans' said Hill's spokesman Graham Sharpe.

Hills have lengthened Mark Hughes from 10/11 to 5/4 favourite to be the next boss to go this season and also offer 9/4 Adams; 7/1 Southgate; 10/1 Kinnear; 11/1 Zola. Hills offer 7/1 that no further managers depart this season.(Others on request)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
antdevil78 said:
never write chelsea off. won the title twice and can pose a threat to us at any time.

i think their only ***** in their armour is the boss. managing international football is totally different from being boss of a prem league team week in week out and its shows. avram grant/mourinho/ranieri all did good jobs at chelsea which is why united respected the teams they put out. problem is they are in the business of no trophy, no job and its a shame really.

couldn't agree with you more. Though we have to admit that they're not the same chelski we are used to. But as long as Roman is there, Chelsea will always be a tittle contender.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
The removal of Avram Grant last season was cmpletely unecessary in my opinion, unless of course the man hmself wanted to quit.

Like I said before, eventually Roman will go into management...and sack himself

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Sownak27 said:
The removal of Avram Grant last season was cmpletely unecessary in my opinion, unless of course the man hmself wanted to quit.

Like I said before, eventually Roman will go into management...and sack himself
I think Roman plays too much football manager crap on his computer thinking its the same as real time football. Best moment must have been to see his crap team play in Moscow and being let down by the team captain.

Pity someone ruined that moment...when Terry could have been a true United legend.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
spellbound said:
I think Roman plays too much football manager crap on his computer thinking its the same as real time football. Best moment must have been to see his crap team play in Moscow and being let down by the team captain.

Pity someone ruined that moment...when Terry could have been a true United legend.

spelly...personally i don't think they played crap in Moscow.... how can you say that when they took us all the way to pens...theres definately a huge problem there this season..and we are going to punish them on sunday...but come on...they pushed us all the way last season..dont underestimate them...:)

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
red lady said:
spelly...personally i don't think they played crap in Moscow.... how can you say that when they took us all the way to pens...theres definately a huge problem there this season..and we are going to punish them on sunday...but come on...they pushed us all the way last season..dont underestimate them...:)
Last season with the manager from hell, Grant. They were sniffing of what Abramovic dreamt of. Domestic final, chance of winning the league title and final in Europe. Jose wasnt able to go there with the team and the millions were running out of the Russians pockets. If you ask me, that was Chelsea's peak...from there its just a long and 'whining' road down. Less transfer money, charging the players for tea and sandwich, sacking scouts.....this will not attract the star players in the in the future the down shifting Chlesea are doing at the moment.

And we should never underestimate an opponent. Never disrespect them (unless its Ciddeh or fools) an opponent. Always go out there prepared for the game as it was our most important game ever.
Still, if you paint poo golden it still will be poo. So that goes for Chelsea and Ciddeh every day of the week. Poo with money!

And the game in Moscow. They were just a penalty kick from a glorious summer but the captain let them down.
Scary thought of Chelsea winning the trophy in Moscow. :eek:

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.