Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
23,699 Posts
The look says it all. :D

daily mail

Scolari clueless after Chelsea's Sunday capitulation to Manchester United

Luis Felipe Scolari is under increasing pressure after admitting Chelsea aren’t playing well enough to win any trophies this season and that he doesn’t know what to do about it.

The Blues 3-0 capitulation to a dominant Manchester United was Chelsea’s first away defeat in the League for 13 months and their heaviest for nearly three years.

Scolari’s side have now picked up just 10 points from their last eight League games and are have gone from favourites at the start of the season to outsiders to win the Premier League.

The Brazilian, who signed a two-year contract last summer, has already come under fire from fans following the Carling Cup exit to Burnley and the ignominy of being held to a draw at home by Southend in the FA Cup. After the game, Scolari, remarkably claimed he has no idea how to turn the team’s form around.

Scolari said: 'We are not playing well at the moment to win any competition.

'In the last five games we have not played very well.

'Some games you don’t score but create many chances but we are not playing well like we did before.

'I don’t know how to change it. I need to think after tomorrow. I have two ways. I can play the same players and look for an improvement in them or I can change some players.

'I don’t know what has happened. I need to think. I need to look at some setplays. I need to show the players many things and afterwards I decide.

'Manchester United were better than us. I think it’s done some very big damage [to their title hopes] because we didn’t come here to play like this.

'We need to be men and improve. We cannot afford to think we have lost everything.

'I am not someone who thinks like this and I don’t think my players are either.'

Chelsea’s poor form is sure to alarm owner Roman Abramovich, who sacked Avram Grant for failing to win a trophy last season. However, striker Nicolas Anelka insists it is too early to panic with the club still in three competitions.

He said: 'The fans have been frustrated by our recent results, which is logical to me.

'As far as the players are concerned, we have not been happy with some of our games.

'The positive point is that we are still on course for the treble. We understand it’s going to be massively tough, but everything is possible.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...as-Sunday-capitulation-Manchester-United.html

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Phil bust-up with Anelka

BIG Phil Scolari’s job is on the line in the wake of an astonishing bust-up with Nicolas Anelka.

The Blues board were stunned by Chelsea’s shocking display in Sunday’s 3-0 defeat at Manchester United which left them four points behind leaders Liverpool.

And we can reveal the Blues boss has clashed with French striker Anelka, who is fuming at being dumped on the bench for the last three games. The two rowed at training with Scolari telling Anelka he would start at Old Trafford only if he agreed to play on the left.

But the sulky Frenchman, the Premier League’s 14-goal top scorer, refused and demanded to be used down the middle.

A Chelsea insider confirmed: “Nothing is going right at the moment and there are suddenly a lot of questions being asked about Mr Scolari’s management style.”

Scolari’s problems could deepen tomorrow when Chelsea face a tricky FA Cup third-round replay at Southend.

Defeat is virtually unthinkable — especially with a board meeting scheduled for Thursday at which Scolari will have to explain Chelsea’s wretched form.

The board had been hugely supportive of Scolari but are losing faith.

SunSport has revealed Chelsea players think Scolari’s training regime is not intensive enough.

His decision to institute a range of fines, including one about diet, has annoyed many and there is a lack of trust between manager and team. Scolari said: “I need to talk with the players. They have to ask in their own minds if they believe we can still do it.

“There are two options. Either I stick with the players and they raise themselves or I try different players.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2123934.ece

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
i always said that Scolari is a decent manager not great
Avram > Scolari

Scolari is the most overrated manager he never managed a decent team before chelsea and he only tasted success with the national teams but with who super brazil
brazilian team in 2002 was the strongest team in the world any manager who can spell football can win the world cup with them

Scolari decsions were the reason why he lost against us by a 3hree goals
taking deco out was a big mistake in the first half chelsea seemed to control the midfield and getting a striker instead of deco lost them their position in the midfield and so we had a greater chance to build up attacks

Scolari = *****

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
He is going and as I started the thread I again seem to be the all knowing eye of world football.

Its simple really Scolari has managed in south america totally different ball game to Europe different standard more pressure and more money which in turn means more over inflated egos.

Scolari has a impossible job keeping that team of ego's happy Drogba,Deco,Ballack,Anelka,Alex and Carvalho are so far up there own arses its untrue.

Try and keep them happy no chance and blame shouldnt really be on Scolari's shoulders it should be layed on Abramovich who has encouraged players to sign ahead of his managers wishes.

Scolari won the world cup but with a team that didnt need a manager . He did well with Portugal but again look around world football alot of the top players are from Portugal .

Its simple Scolari has never managed with such pressure and he cant handle it . I think in a earlier post I predicted he'd be gone in the new year . I stand by that I give him 2 weeks tops.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
red dave said:
He is going and as I started the thread I again seem to be the all knowing eye of world football.

Its simple really Scolari has managed in south america totally different ball game to Europe different standard more pressure and more money which in turn means more over inflated egos.

Scolari has a impossible job keeping that team of ego's happy Drogba,Deco,Ballack,Anelka,Alex and Carvalho are so far up there own arses its untrue.

Try and keep them happy no chance and blame shouldnt really be on Scolari's shoulders it should be layed on Abramovich who has encouraged players to sign ahead of his managers wishes.

Scolari won the world cup but with a team that didnt need a manager . He did well with Portugal but again look around world football alot of the top players are from Portugal .

Its simple Scolari has never managed with such pressure and he cant handle it . I think in a earlier post I predicted he'd be gone in the new year . I stand by that I give him 2 weeks tops.
How much dough did he get to sign for Chelsea?

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.