Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
-zuco- said:
I would prefer to be beating teams 3 or 4-0, but it's not a major concern. We've not played consistently well all season yet we're still top of the league. It's grinding out these 1-0 wins that makes champions.
eaxctly look at liverpool they didnt play well agsint stojke and drew we didnt play well and we won that i whats going to make the diffrence come may imo so if we keep wining 1-0s i couldnt care less all that matters is we get 3 points

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
Nah guys, i couldn't live through too many of them late winning 1-0 wins, i'd have no hair left.

We need to kill off thems like we did last year. We have the abilty so why not use it.
because its difficult to win 3 or 4 nil when teams set out to have 10 men behind the ball and just hold out for a draw! IMO its actually harder to play against say a Bolton or a stoke than it is a Chelsea or Liverpool because at least in them games it will be more open and we have the chance to counter attack witch we are one of the best at the world at IMO

1-0=3 points
2-0=3 points
3-0=3points

and so on and on! at the end of the day if our defense plays the way it is for the rest of the season the wort that will happen is we will gain 1 point i can nearly see us going unbeating for the rest of the premiership campaign tbh so ya im not one bit concerd all that matters is we are winning

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
So no team put ten men behind the ball lat year? Thats bull.

We are creating chances like someone said, all the pundits say after the game that we could have won 3 or 4 nil.
Ronaldo could have shoot a few times yeaterday but choose to pass.
The big wins are coming IMO.
Look at our attacking line up, the best i the prem.
not saying they didn't but this season more than most they are and you cant deny that almost every match it happens that didn't happen last season name one team outside of the top 4 who came at us and attacked us this season outside of hull and wigan(stoke at home too and that's why we hammered them)

IMO that's because this season things haven't gone his way when he takes shots 9 outta 10 of them would have went in last season he had two perfectly gaoals rulled out against Chelsea its just not happening for the lad this season and i think its affecting his confidence

the bit in bold i said would happen after the Chelsea match and it didn't :( hopefully your right though but id still take all 1-0 wins from here to may

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
Are problem is our Midfield Canto, as Richie said in that very good post.
Look teams have been putting men behind the ball against us for years, what i'm trying to say is the opposition aint the problem our Midfield simple aint creative enough, would Barca not score against teams like Stoke and Bolton.. they would because they can create chances.

We Need our midfield to buck up!!!
but you just siad were creating the chances in your last post:confused: :rolleyes: i think we do have a creative midfield maybe not the most but carrick and scholsey are superb passer of the balls and can split any defense in a second! look at Liverpools midfield Gerrard and mascherano hardly the most creative but there still scoring goals its the teams putting 10 man behind the ball its even more than usual this season IMO! barca aren't in the prem though and IMHO its at a higher stranded than the Spanish league! they are the best team in europe but i dont think they could handle some of the pyhsical battles in the prem tbh

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
TheManc said:
The difference is Ronaldo isn't bagging a goal a game.

Without his goals last season we would have had the same problem as we are having now.

Its simple IMO.
exactly things just aren't going right for him this season witch has a major effect on our goalscoring but i also think the fact that almost every game this season we've played have had 10 men behind the ball and when they haven't its been no coincidence that weve racked up big scores(stoke home 5-0 hull home 5-3 Chelsea 3-0 wba 3-0 could have been for actually :confused:?)

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
Canto..... That Barca comment is surely you been sarcastic
if Cristiano ronaldo Rooney and berba are all struggling against stoke i think messi too the fact that he might get his legs hacked at every two minutes as well wouldn't help him that's why i don't think ronaldinho came here as well not a lot of them players can handle it Ronaldo is a big strong 6 foot plus animal and he can barely take it oi don't fancy messi up against Faye in a physical battle he might skin him but than again i don't think they would fair much better if every Spanish team sat back!

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Im not saying they would win it not a chance and united didnt let stoke have the ball either there just hard to break down i can gaurentee if we swaped leagues with barca we would both be doing the same as each other! Just my opinion

1 - 7 of 7 Posts