Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am Scottish and as of yesterday no longer support my national side. i no longer support Scotland due to they way the continue to bottle it from rangers.

our most inform player and probably our most important considering mcfaddens injury is being left out of the team to 'surprise' our opposition among other excuses. the trouble with that is we announced our team lineup a day before we kick off!!

the real reason he isnt playing his because the SFA are shit scared of rangers manager walter smith or indeed are rangers fans, the only 2 explanations. in the summer rangers let go of several players due to finicial problems and have a small squad. one of their strikers gets a long term injury and to protect rangers inform striker, he doesnt play. they couldnt even use their tired of excuse of an injury which several rangers players seem to pick up before a scotland game and some how recover in time to play in the next club game.

its an ablsolute disgrace how the sell out their fans and their country like this.

i have no connection to either celtic or rangers.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
A highly unconventional formation, the 4–6–0 is an evolution of the 4–2–3–1 in which the centre forward is exchanged for a player who normally plays as a trequartista (that is, in the 'hole'). Suggested as a possible formation for the future of football,[18] the formation sacrifices an out-and-out striker for the tactical advantage of a mobile front four attacking from a position that the opposition defenders cannot mark without being pulled out of position.[19] Owing to the intelligence and pace required by the front four attackers to create and attack any space left by the opposition defenders, however, the formation requires a very skillful and well-drilled front four. Due to these high requirements from the attackers, and the novelty of playing without a proper goalscorer, the formation has been adopted by very few teams, and rarely consistently. As with the development of many formations, the origins and originators are uncertain, but arguably the first reference to a professional team adopting a similar formation is Anghel Iord?nescu's Romania in the 1994 World Cup Round of 16, when Romania won 3–2 against Argentina.[20][21] The first team to adopt the formation systematically was Luciano Spalletti's Roma side during the 2005–06 Serie A season, mostly out of necessity as his "strikerless" formation,[22] and then notably by Alex Ferguson's Manchester United side in the 2007–08 Premier League season (who won the Premier League and Champions League that season).[23]

Ahem.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
You any idea what game we used this in dude? I'm struggling to remember United going 4-6.

Got to love the description though, pace, intelligence and skill required to play it, ofcourse something which Scotland have got plenty of:rofl:

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
You any idea what game we used this in dude? I'm struggling to remember United going 4-6.

Got to love the description though, pace, intelligence and skill required to play it, ofcourse something which Scotland have got plenty of:rofl:
When Rooney and Tevez were hurt.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
I'm struggling to find any reference to us using it tbh.

Folk talking about us playing 4-6-0 when Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo and Giggs all played together. I certainly wouldn't calling 4-6-0.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I'm struggling to find any reference to us using it tbh.

Folk talking about us playing 4-6-0 when Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo and Giggs all played together. I certainly wouldn't calling 4-6-0.
I remember it vividly. Rooney and Tevez were out, and it was like

----------------------Ronaldo
Nani-----Carrick----Hargreaves-----Scholes------Park
Evra--------------Vid------Rio----------------Brown

So you technically had 6 midfielders, just Ronaldo was essentially a striker.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Fair enough dude, cheers.

Think its slightly different to Scotlands set up where there are 2 strikers playing out wide, pretty much as full backs tbh, and literally nothing up top at all.

The way they are playing just now is brutal, getting quite tempted to gouge my retinas out with a toothpick.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Fair enough dude, cheers.

Think its slightly different to Scotlands set up where there are 2 strikers playing out wide, pretty much as full backs tbh, and literally nothing up top at all.

The way they are playing just now is brutal, getting quite tempted to gouge my retinas out with a toothpick.
Remember Sunderland in 08-09? That was essentially what you're describing, with Djibril Cisse on the left wing, even though he was in his own half of the field.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Remember Sunderland in 08-09? That was essentially what you're describing, with Djibril Cisse on the left wing, even though he was in his own half of the field.
Aye Sunderlands version of couter attacking football, just a pity the man they were looking to counter for them had no skill whatsoever. Dribbled like road runner after a bottle of cognac. A good mate of mine is a regular at Sunderland and I mind ripping him for weeks over it. Defences on top and its depressing to watch.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Craig Levein wasn't my pick for manager, and after the Liechtenstein game I did say on here that McManus had kept him in a job, but after tonight I think he's got to go. I don't like seeing managers sacked so quickly, but it's painfully obvious that he's completely out of his depth.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Craig Levein wasn't my pick for manager, and after the Liechtenstein game I did say on here that McManus had kept him in a job, but after tonight I think he's got to go. I don't like seeing managers sacked so quickly, but it's painfully obvious that he's completely out of his depth.
4-6-0 against the Czechs and a more attacking strategy against Spain? The mans lost the plot. Or maybe a 5-5 or a 6-4 against the Spanish.

You think you can't sink any lower after Lichtenstein and then he comes out with that. We already beat them in a friendly where they were shown up to be a pretty average team, fook me even lithuania could get a result and their performance against Scotland was dire.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
4-6-0 against the Czechs and a more attacking strategy against Spain? The mans lost the plot. Or maybe a 5-5 or a 6-4 against the Spanish.

You think you can't sink any lower after Lichtenstein and then he comes out with that. We already beat them in a friendly where they were shown up to be a pretty average team, fook me even lithuania could get a result and their performance against Scotland was dire.
I know. When I heard him say that he was going with a different formation against Spain, I was thinking it was going to be 7-3 or something rather than 4-6.

Liechtenstein was embarrassing. Not only the performance and the wild celebrations once we won (I understand that they'd be pleased, but the celebrations were well OTT) but the excuses - Levein trying to say that they're no mugs etc.

Even tonight was the same, and his after-match interview made it obvious his ambition was to only get a draw. He only showed more ambition once they scored, and by that time it was far too late. I understand that we can't exactly go all-out-attack, and often we do have to keep it tight but tonight just really took the biscuit.

You could see in the studio too, how embarrassed and shocked Hartley, Collins and Nevin were.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
our most inform player and probably our most important considering mcfaddens injury is being left out of the team to 'surprise' our opposition among other excuses. the trouble with that is we announced our team lineup a day before we kick off!!
Remind me who you're talking about?

the real reason he isnt playing his because the SFA are shit scared of rangers manager walter smith or indeed are rangers fans, the only 2 explanations.
You can't say for certain that it's the real reason. Things have gone downhill for Scottish football recently both at international and domestic level, which is a shame.
You're clearly feeling disillusioned by it all but saying you will no longer support the national team is just wrong. You should support them through thick and thin. Hopefully things will change for you. I like seeing Scotland do well.

·
real name Horris
5,871 Posts
He's talking about Kenny Miller.

I'm getting a bit frustrated too, we have some decent players we should not be playing as badly as we have been.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I'm disillusioned too. For too long we've got an SFA who are incompetent and fail to see or deal with the problems that present themselves as well as lacking serious ambition, managers who pick players not based on skill, ability or form but other reasons (club teams, personal problems with players etc) and are too scared to stand up to the people above or alongside/below and certain players who think they can do what they want.

However, I could never stop supporting Scotland. I'm reasonably patriotic regarding the national team, and I care about Scotland a lot and that won't change.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Scotland need new blood. Chip in the likes of James Forrest, Bannan, Slane and Stevenson and give them some playing time.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Scotland need new blood. Chip in the likes of James Forrest, Bannan, Slane and Stevenson and give them some playing time.
And do you really expect anyone to do that? We're still playing a 40-year-old CB ffs, and thinking about calling up a 39 year old utility player if our injury worries turn out to be true! :laugh:

1 - 20 of 166 Posts