Manchester United Talk banner

161 - 166 of 166 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Fans like Strachan? I thought he was quite set in his ways and tactically stubborn.
I don't know who said this or if this is your opinion, but I haven't heard of anyone saying this.

As I said in my post, things are progressing. Results are better, performances are better, style of football is better and he's getting more out of the players.

Things aren't perfect, but it's a big improvement.

Goalkeeper misses kick-off in Macedonia-Scotland game :LOL:

Video on link>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/24042042
:LOL:
Saw this during the game. I don't know what held the goalkeeper up, but the referee had no idea. :p

I wonder what would have happened had a Scotland player won the ball and shot at goal. :eek: :LOL:

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, that's now 8 tournaments in a row we haven't qualified for, so we're well used to disappointment now. I, and many others, have said this many times to be left disappointed but I do honestly have some optimism as this campaign finishes.

Strachan has brought the pride back. We're much better tactically, playing better football, he's seemingly found a settled team this early. In general, our performances are much better. Even in the games we've lost since he took over the performances have been better.

If he'd been manager since the start of the campaign, we probably wouldn't have qualified but we would have put up a much better fight and been a lot closer than we were. We'll probably get another tough group for the Euro 2016 qualifiers, but I'm confident we'll go into them with a much better chance.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
@Jay007 I caught a bit of the game against Croatia, the shape of the team has improved and he's got people playing the ball and trusting their own ability.

·
F.U.B.A.R.
436 Posts
Well, that's now 8 tournaments in a row we haven't qualified for, so we're well used to disappointment now. I, and many others, have said this many times to be left disappointed but I do honestly have some optimism as this campaign finishes.

Strachan has brought the pride back. We're much better tactically, playing better football, he's seemingly found a settled team this early. In general, our performances are much better. Even in the games we've lost since he took over the performances have been better.

If he'd been manager since the start of the campaign, we probably wouldn't have qualified but we would have put up a much better fight and been a lot closer than we were. We'll probably get another tough group for the Euro 2016 qualifiers, but I'm confident we'll go into them with a much better chance.

That is 2 wins against Croatia, not something to be sniffed at. Strachan has defo got us playing much better. I also helps that I have been in Africa for the last 3 games so I cannot watch it and therefore jinx it. :oops:

161 - 166 of 166 Posts