Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VDS - 8 - Fantastic season, best keeper in the Premier League imo. Conceded very few goals. Can't remember one big mistake this season, his kicking is bad but he deserves to be ahead of Foster for at least 1 more season.

Brown - 8 - Out of position but fantastic, adds to the defense with his arial power and sence on awareness, filled in brillaintly at CB when called upon. Against Barca in Old Trafford, he put in one of the greatest defensive performances that I have seen in a Red shirt. Could be better going forward though.

Ferdinand - 10 - The best CB in the world. No weaknesses, no mistakes all season, should be captain had Etoo, Torres and many others in his pocket all season.

Vidic - 8 - His partnership with Rio is the best in the world. A few niggling injuries and only 1 goal. The only downside in a magnificent season for the Serbinator. "I'll be centre back"

O'Shea - 6 - Filled in ok any time he played, no goals, surprisingly after last season. Usefull squad player but will never be a first teamer with the quality in our squad. Sound bloke though.

Evra - 8 - Magnificent. Maybe not as good ofensively as last season but certainly better defensively than last season. No one better in his position imo.

Carrick - 8 - Very good midfielder, held his place even though that looked hard with Hargreaves and Anderson coming in. Very calm on the ball, great passer and a very consistent performer all season.

Hargreaves - 6 - Very strange situation here. Looked lost imo any time he played cm. We spent a lot of money for a holding midfielder and he looked sluggish when playing there. However, he moved to the right side towards the end of the season and looked fantastic with pace and commitment. No one knows what his role is next season. Few injuries, hopefully fit next season.

Scholes - 8 - Injured for half the season. I thought Anderson should have kept his place when he came back. I was wrong, Scholes has been exceptional, he was a joy to watch all season, just shoot more often.

Anderson - 7 - Was exceptional when Scholes was out, the attacking vids we seen on youtube were replaced by a hard-working midfielder who does not stop running. Very strong and he will be some player, mark my words. No goals.

Giggs - 6- Excellent day for Giggs equal's Charlton's record and scores the goal to win his 10th Premier League. Doesn't hide the fact that he has been quite average all season, I have a sneaky feeling that this is his last. Legend.

Nani - 7- Sort out your attitude mate. Other than that very impressive, ever more so than Ronaldo in his 1st season. Again shoot more. A lot of assists and some very good performances, will be awsome in a few years.

Park - 7 - Always liked this kid. 100% all the time, not the quality of other players but makes up with hard work. Played all big games in the end of the season and was very good in all of them, big season next season.

Ronaldo - 10 - People still criticise him. 41 goals. 31 league goals. No weaknesses in his game and he single handidly got about half our points tis season against mediocare teams. Could be a bit better in the big games but hey, 41 goals.

Tevez - 8 - I was't too sure of him at the beginning. I now think he is the most under-rated player in the Premier League. The work-rate this bloke puts in is not matched, some unbelievably important goals all season. A terrific season from Tevez.

Rooney - 6 - Again gives 100% and in big games he comes up with the goods. However, he needs to score more goals, injuries look to be getting to him added to the fact he is usually out of position. Not the greatest of seasons but will be amazing next season.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
I cant rate them because, as a team they've won the league for us!

From Rio's clearance off the line against Spurs to Tevez's late goal at Ewood park, the squad as a whole deserve 10/10

Congratulations to them and I'm sure their minds set on a marvelous double!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I appreciate the effort you have taken to make the post, but I cannot agree with some your ratings.

Just how Evra, Vidic, Brown and Carrick are on the same level is beyond me.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Nice post mate some decent comments there and I agree with some especially Rio with the 10 ;)
But yes as Keano said the squad as a whole is a definite 10/10 !

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
squad effort....i cant find a player to fault, except unfortunate saha....if he is given a chance, hope he can take it and shine next season

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Keano! said:
I cant rate them because, as a team they've won the league for us!

From Rio's clearance off the line against Spurs to Tevez's late goal at Ewood park, the squad as a whole deserve 10/10

Congratulations to them and I'm sure their minds set on a marvelous double!
True, but I would rate the squad at a 9.5.

They get the other half if they win the CL. :p

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RedForceRising said:
I appreciate the effort you have taken to make the post, but I cannot agree with some your ratings.

Just how Evra, Vidic, Brown and Carrick are on the same level is beyond me.
Why what's wrong with that. They've all been very good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dunno if i been watching a different team all year or what but i cant see how Carrick is on the level of the other 3 either...
I think Carrick has been totally average this season and still arnt totally sure whether hes United quality..a first good season (IMO) followed by all round mediocre performances...
I think you may have been a little harsh on Hargreaves
But other than that =] Yeah,pretty accurate

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DannyMc1309 said:
Dunno if i been watching a different team all year or what but i cant see how Carrick is on the level of the other 3 either...
I think Carrick has been totally average this season and still arnt totally sure whether hes United quality..a first good season (IMO) followed by all round mediocre performances...
I think you may have been a little harsh on Hargreaves
But other than that =] Yeah,pretty accurate
Carrick has been better than average. Can I ask you what midfield you would pick for the Champions League final. I'd go with Scholes, Carrick and Anderson, would you swap Carrick for Hargreaves?

·
Registered
12 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
Carrick has been better than average. Can I ask you what midfield you would pick for the Champions League final. I'd go with Scholes, Carrick and Anderson, would you swap Carrick for Hargreaves?
Meaning your assuming i would go with 451?
Im guessing the fact that your including them 3 names means a narrow 3 midfielders..with 2 wingers..and a lone striker??
ALthough i can see the benefits of playing this, especially against teams such as Barcelona and away from home in Europe (more defensive protection from the extra midfielder and tracking wingers) i still believe we play better with our 442 formation..

But under the assumed 451 that your going with..id play Hargreaves,Scholes and Anderson as a narrow CM triangle, With 2 wide advanced players (ron and park/tevez).

I think Owen brings much more to the table with experience (especially in europe) and defensive qualities. I think his work rate would also help in comparision to Carrick in that position.

How about your view?

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
VDS - 8
Brown - 8
Ferdinand - 10
Vidic - 8
O'Shea - 6
Evra - 8
Carrick - 8
Hargreaves - 6
Fletcher - 7
Scholes - 8
Anderson - 7
Giggs - 6
Nani - 7
Park - 7
Ronaldo - 10
Tevez - 8
Rooney - 6 .
I have to review my subordinates on a bi-yearly basis and I find it most fair to take your best and worst employees and work from there.

If you are rating them on specific objectives/goals that the team were given, then you need to start by assessing who performed best and who performed worst against that specific objectives.

I do not for one second believe that Rooney had as bad a season as Giggs or O'Shea.

In addition, I think Evra had a much better season than Carrick. I think Carrick was an 8 last season, but definitely not this season. I watch him very closely and he struggled to find his range in a lot of games this season and gave the ball away on many occasions. As another member has pointed out he's not very high up the Actim charts, but stats are only half the story. The other half based on what I've seen (and I watched EVERY Man Utd game this season except for the League Cup defeat to Coventry) is that Carrick has a 7 out of 10 season.

VDS - 7 has made some vital reflex saves, but then again isn't that a keeper's job? He's been flapping at crosses and his kicking has been woeful.
Brown - 8
Ferdinand - 10
Vidic - 9
O'Shea - 6
Evra - 9
Carrick - 7
Hargreaves - 6
Scholes - 7
Anderson - 8
Giggs - 6
Nani - 7
Park - 7
Ronaldo - 10
Tevez - 8
Rooney - 8

I think this is a truer reflection of the season that these players have had. If we take Rio and Ronaldo as your best layers at 10 and O'Shea and Giggs at 6, the rest falls into place. I think Vidic and Evra and very good seasons and jut come in behind Rio and Ron at 9.

I moved Rooney up, because even though he has missed a lot of chances he's had a MUCH better season than Giggs or O'Shea and probably deserves to be a 9, if his finishing had been better.

I also had to improve Anderson's rating and decrease the rating for Scholes, because Scholes struggled in a lot of games, especially the faster paced games and has only recently been back to his brilliant best, while Anderson was vowing us all season.

He has yet to score and has not made the same impact in terms of assists as Nani, but he has has a much better season than Nani and overall a better season than Scholes.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
i have to assess many things in my work on a daily basis ---- will they miss the donut from box in accounts ? do i sleep first then watch the film or vice versa and i have to say here are my ratings .

vds --- 7 . shaky kicking and picks up injury too easily
brown --- 8 . stood in admirably and should replace neville next year
ferdinand 10 . remarkable season he is now the player fergie shelled out the money for . best centre half in the world at moment.

vidic--- 8 . very good year again
evra--- 9 . superb --- heinze not in his class
giggs--- 6 and a half ----- ryans worst season ever for me
carrick --- 7 . sometimes great others slow and wastefull
anderson 8 --- the boy is very promising
nani ---- 7 - like ronnie was in first year at club ie greedy , lightweight yet rapidly improving
hargreaves 6 ---- poor start struggled with prem pace better as year went on
fletcher--- 7 .. at last he is showing he is up to it
ronaldo ---- 10 .. goals , skill to burn , potential to be best ive ever seen
rooney--- 9 .... wayne would have been a ten if his finishing was better .
tevez ....9 ... heart of a lion and has knack of scoring very important goals like the one he is going to win cl final with
o shea --- 6 -- good utility is john
park --- 6 -- good stand in to give better players a rest , every squad needs them
pig--- 6 -- ok
scholes first few games 4 he was awful , then 9 as his passing was awesome . the boy is a riddle wrapped in an enigma with his tasmanian devil games every so often how he didnt go against wigan is a mystery to me

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
haggler said:
i have to assess many things in my work on a daily basis ---- will they miss the donut from box in accounts ? do i sleep first then watch the film or vice versa and i have to say here are my ratings .

Haggs - i love you! You make me laugh.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
made some folk cross earlier with bobby charlton observations though . i was shocked by what i saw and posted such but upset some folks quite badly . i would have removed post if i had a clue how to . i forgot to add in post spending hours posting tripe on here as one of my tough work based decisions:D

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I agree with your rating scott...would give rooney a 7 though...6 seems harsh...7 for not being at his best but he still put in some hard working shifts and even tho he missed many chances himself, he created others which unlike him they took. Also i think 6 seems a lil low on the lad...7 seems right...wasnt at his best, but will learn loads from this season imo.

Also evra would get a 9

kinda agree with the adjustment RFR made. Nice post

pz

·
Registered
120 Posts
vds 7 good goalkeeper but this is his job..I was impressed more by.. Foster 10 one match one great display

Rio 10
Vida 8 he scored few goals for his potential
Wes 8 He changed role but he has however a great season
Evra 8
Piquè 7 great player but an important error vs bolton
Oshea, silvestre, neville we can't rating them

Carrick 8 strong
Haergraves 6 in the first part of the season 9 in the last part of the season
Anderson 9 in the first part of the season 5 in the last part of the season
Park 8 talisman..hard worker like Scholes 8
Ronaldo 10
Giggs 6 ..two important display against chelsea and wigan but I expect more
Nani 9 One error against wesham..But he is the main assist man of the team and he scored important goals
Fletcha 7 great display vs arsenal

Rooney 8 the strongest player MU have
Tevez 9 Not a fantastic season for me but a lot of crucial goal
Saha 5 we must sell him..always injured

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
VDS - 8
Brown - 8
Ferdinand - 10
Vidic - 8
O'Shea - 6