Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok its that time of year when clubs are announcing how much we the fans will be paying for the privilege of watching our heroes next season in season ticket and match prices.
other clubs most notably citteh and sunderland have announced price freezes or reductions as the credit crunch takes hold. however i saw on a news report recently that the bigger clubs are holding back their announcements and in fact were already saying privately that as they were big clubs with big players the fans should expect to pay more to watch them??????

what are united going to do and what do we want them to do?? are we expecting to much for them to freeze prices??? how are they going to treat us??
its an important issue for the fans that buy season tickets or for people like me who have to now buy tickets, which ironically now have cost me more to go to 16 games than buy a season ticket!!!

what you expecting hoping for??

·
Registered
104 Posts
misterredmist said:
I am hoping for a price freeze, I am expecting to get shafted...............
Ditto.

The clubs announcing price drops or freezes are those with empty seats to fill, unfortunately that's not the case (yet) at Old Trafford, though we have seen League games go on General Sale this season.

I don't think we'll get hammered this time, but the prospect of not putting up the prices year on year doesn't fit the Gimp's business plan, so I expect a smaller rise than recent years, but a rise nevertheless.

·
Registered
53 Posts
ReddestFront said:
Ditto.

The clubs announcing price drops or freezes are those with empty seats to fill, unfortunately that's not the case (yet) at Old Trafford, though we have seen League games go on General Sale this season.

I don't think we'll get hammered this time, but the prospect of not putting up the prices year on year doesn't fit the Gimp's business plan, so I expect a smaller rise than recent years, but a rise nevertheless.
Indeed, though I don't think the Glazers' are alone in this policy, don't remember CME freezing prices either, just that today it costs megabucks....

·
Registered
104 Posts
misterredmist said:
Indeed, though I don't think the Glazers' are alone in this policy, don't remember CME freezing prices either, just that today it costs megabucks....
You're right of course, Edwards never froze the prices, but neither did he impose double digit percentage increases as we've seen for the last 3 years. But then he didn't have a £666 million mortgage to service . . . :eek:

·
Registered
53 Posts
ReddestFront said:
You're right of course, Edwards never froze the prices, but neither did he impose double digit percentage increases as we've seen for the last 3 years. But then he didn't have a £666 million mortgage to service . . . :eek:
Very true, but he did have some toilets to service ? ( allegedly ) Just making the point that Glazers putting prices up is'nt anything new, and I remember only too well, Edwards' " we have to increase to keep us competitive in the transfer market" , and, after he coughed up on Keane's new contract in 1999/2000, his
next season price hike letter was pathetic........... see what happens - the more we win - the more they'll hammer us !!!!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Whatever they do I'm going to try and get a cheaper season ticket next season. I only have a one year season ticket anyway so I think I'll try and get another one in a different part of the stadium. The stretford or scoreboard end would be cheaper and have a better atmosphere than where I'm sat now. I'm currently in north stand tier 2 and it's costing £42 per game.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I fully expect that United and that **** Glazer to put up prices again. Many more people will get priced out and mongs will replace them. Old Trafford i believe will turn into a libary like the Emirates, The basterd's have already started to infest the Stretford End :(

Were not supporters to United, Were CUSTOMERS!

·
Registered
177 Posts
reddwarf said:
Whatever they do I'm going to try and get a cheaper season ticket next season. I only have a one year season ticket anyway so I think I'll try and get another one in a different part of the stadium. The stretford or scoreboard end would be cheaper and have a better atmosphere than where I'm sat now. I'm currently in north stand tier 2 and it's costing £42 per game.
You wont be able to move sorry mate, My dad who was a season ticket holder for 20 years and had been on hundreds of aways wanted to move from North Stand to the Stretford End, United wouldnt let him so he had to let go of the Season ticket so he got priced out, Do united care about loyalty? Do they ****. :mad:

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
mufc-ok said:
You wont be able to move sorry mate, My dad who was a season ticket holder for 20 years and had been on hundreds of aways wanted to move from North Stand to the Stretford End, United wouldnt let him so he had to let go of the Season ticket so he got priced out, Do united care about loyalty? Do they ****. :mad:
see while i don't like that, i'm of the complete opposite view.
my best made made the exact same switch for last season. one year member in north tier2, moved up to west tier 2.

there isn't a lot to say other than what has been already. it would be nice if prices were frozen, but don't expect it

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
mufc-ok said:
I don't have a normal season ticket. I have a one year season ticket so I'm given the option of either turning it into a normal season ticket and keeping my seat, buying another one year season ticket somewhere else in the stadium or giving up my season ticket.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
dwarfy, you could even move AND turn it into a full season ticket. it's definitely worth it, my mate went to every game and then got put in ballots for arsenal fa cup and barca!

·
Registered
104 Posts
mufc-ok said:
My mate at work moved from N tier 2 to East in the summer, saving about £150 on his ST in the process. And he has a full ST.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Put it this way if you want a season ticket for the best team in the world your gonna pay alot end of.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts