Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can help with a major issue that has really p****d me off!

Received a letter from United dated 9th March advising me that as my card had been declined twice for cup games my season tickets were to be cancelled. The letter gave me until 12th March to appeal the decision but I only received the thing when I got back from holiday the week before last. Whilst I accept my card has been declined twice (insufficient funds once and card expired another time) I am well and truly fuming at the decision as I've had the tickets for 10 years.

I called the club and they advised me that it had been cancelled with immediate effect so no tickets for the Villa and Porto game. Despite the tickets being cancelled immediately I am yet to receive any form of refund. I was advised on the phone last week that if I wanted to appeal I could email the club which I did earlier this week. Two days later I received an email back saying I need to write in via post!!

I called again today to say the reason I emailed was due to a game on Sundday and as such I needed to know whether to travel to the game or not. I was advised again that the tickets had been cancelled and if I wished to appeal I may have a case due to not receiving the letter until late. By which time another two games will have passed as it takes 14 days to review my case.

I've looked around on the internet to see if anyone else had these problems with the club before to get an idea of whether or not it is worth appealing. Part of me doesn't want to spend another penny at the club ever again but the other part will never let me do that! This sort of thing proves how far removed the club are from its working class roots, it's bloody tough out there at the moment and I'm sure United will start to feel it too when people don't have the disposable cash to pay for their over priced tickets anymore.

Advice/thoughts anyone?

Cheers

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
mine got declined for the porto game and i had to pay a booking fee to claim my ticket .
I get really pi##ed off hearing stories like this , problems arise with cards from time to time .
This automatic ticket scheme is a right piece of sh#t , but if you do not subscribe to it you have no chance of getting tickets they have got you by the balls.
To cancel your ticket with immediate effect is harsh to say the least , i am sure they cannot get away with doing that , its one thing to to decline your porto ticket , but the villa game you have already paid for at the beginning of the season so surely they cannot revoke that one.
Fight them all the way mate and best of luck

·
Banned
251 Posts
Tell your story to the Manchester Evening News,give them a ring they will sort it out or get a good story out of it.
So you had paid for your season ticket and now they have cancelled ? cannot see they can do that.
I had two season tickets for 30 years but got pissed of with kick offs to suit the tv, so I joined them and got a set top box for my telly and watch every home and away game for next to nowt.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
That is totally outrageous . i would go down in person and try and get it sorted out .

I remember a few years back fans with st were jumping up and down over the fact they still had to go in ballot for cup games so united bought in this hammer to crack the nut --ensuring tasty income stream for games you may or may not want to go to .

As charles said contact the paper or ring radio station about it

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
like you say its an example of how the club dont care in which manner they get the money from the fans. All they care about is revenue, revenue and revenue. If this results in an atmosphere that is as lively as funeral, they dont care. Its 78,000 bums on seats all paying the horrendous £30-£50 per game

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
sadly as most of us know who have been to, used to go to or still go to games that the attitude of the club now very much is get as many people in the ground as possible and we don't care how we do it or who we upset. i've had a go at the ticket office set -up this season for a few major **** -ups they have made.......amazingly it get you nowhere , even when the mistake etc is clearly theirs. i also wouldn't be banking on any sympathy or understanding from the poeple up there...you get one of two people who seem a bit more understanding and resonable ,but they are the exception not the rule

1 - 8 of 8 Posts