Manchester United Talk banner

Sebastian Frey !

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  CROoney 
#1 ·
I've been following this guy's career for years now ,and with last night's performance against Everton I must say - he's a world class ! no doubt about that ! The only thing he lacks to be branded as world class is playing for the big club ! His reflexes are second to none. We were interested in him few years ago, but Arsenal were closer to landing him I think. Anyway - I think we must revitalise our interest in him since VDS is not getting any younger and we can't afford waiting for Foster to develope into a constant performer( the boy has talent, but we're man united, we mustn't gamble (again))... Having them both fighting for places would be great though

#6 ·
Im surprised at the constant speculation over new goalkeepers....
Its never ending and we seem to have been linked to a good 8-10
in the last year.
After Schmeichel we struggled for so many years and now we have
loads of great keepers so why would we want another.
We have Vds, Kuzzie, Foster, Heaton, Zieler....

#9 ·
Who says Foster is a incosistent performer? Performed pretty admirably whilst at Watford. his concentration looks better, he's obviously going to have learnt other goalkeeping stuff, theorietical in his time out. he's also improved his upper body strength; he looks staunch now for a goal keeper.

if fergie chucks Foster in the deep end then he's ready to make the big step up. He's played at OT once before for Enland hasn't he? the dude doesn't suffer from nerves and nearly kept up watford with his safe hands.

Foster is ready for the step up; we should have no doubts if fergie does indeed chuck him from the fryingpan into the fire

#10 ·
Justice said:
He let in 2 tbh.

Cahill's one practically dribbled in.

Just because he saved 2 pens does not make him excellent.
Did you evene see the match ? I didn't get to see the penalties, but from what I've seen for the last couple of years, and the things he saved that night was out of this world ! What reflexes ! Pure class ! He saved few tries from 2 meters away ! And those were saves - not shots in the body - he had to move or jump or spread a foot ( that one was simply amasing )

manutd004 said:
I doubt hes better than VDS tbh.

At the moment, theres not many better than VDS. A couple, but not a lot.
now be honest here - do you really get to see him as often as VDS or as any other player in EPL? honest ...

Jazz 16 said:
Im surprised at the constant speculation over new goalkeepers....
Its never ending and we seem to have been linked to a good 8-10
in the last year.
After Schmeichel we struggled for so many years and now we have
loads of great keepers so why would we want another.
We have Vds, Kuzzie, Foster, Heaton, Zieler....
Mate - having loads of GK's doesn't mean they're good enough

#12 ·
pass_me_a_rizla said:
Who says Foster is a incosistent performer? Performed pretty admirably whilst at Watford. his concentration looks better, he's obviously going to have learnt other goalkeeping stuff, theorietical in his time out. he's also improved his upper body strength; he looks staunch now for a goal keeper.

if fergie chucks Foster in the deep end then he's ready to make the big step up. He's played at OT once before for Enland hasn't he? the dude doesn't suffer from nerves and nearly kept up watford with his safe hands.

Foster is ready for the step up; we should have no doubts if fergie does indeed chuck him from the fryingpan into the fire
As long as he keeps letting in goals from the opposition's box, and letting ball slips to his fingers ( Robben I think ) he's inconsistent to me... he has quality - but we need to introduce him little by little

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.