Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United could also face an investigation if match delegates mentioned alleged sectarian chanting by a section of their support at Wednesday's match.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/7715713.stm

Supposedly the chant was "F the Pope, F the pope, F the pope and IRA!".

Apparently it was in response to the Celtic fans singing IRA songs near where the Manchester bombings took place.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
This should be punished just like racism in football..... Its just as bad as racism and it happens more.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
blown out of proportion?

football songs/chants are just to wind up opposing supporters.Think how offensive all football chants are.
its getting so bad that they will ban swearing at football stadia soon

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
burnzy1987 said:
blown out of proportion?

football songs/chants are just to wind up opposing supporters.Think how offensive all football chants are.
papa platine sinks zat swear'ing in football is bad and vulgar' just becuze chanting is famous in britan

all of this fuss is because of the french frog Platini :mad:

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
burnzy1987 said:
blown out of proportion?

IRA songs near the Manchester bombings aint good Burnzy.... stuff like that would only lead to violence

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
This should be punished just like racism in football..... Its just as bad as racism and it happens more.
i dont think abusing someone because the colour of their skin and "dissing" someones religion is the same thing.

some people need to grow a set

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
burnzy1987 said:
i dont think abusing someone because the colour of their skin and "dissing" someones religion is the same thing.

some people need to grow a set
I don't think you fully understand what i mean....... Sectarian Chanting is dangerous, It could kick off! You prob don't understand Celtic and what they believe in

The older and Scotish and Irish members should agree with me!!!!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
I don't think you fully understand what i mean....... Sectarian Chanting is dangerous, It could kick off! You prob don't understand Celtic and what they believe in

The older and Scotish and Irish members should agree with me!!!!

correct.
i meant to put that into my first post.i know nothing about all that stuff and i like it that way.

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
I just read this and I'm pretty offended. If it was Celtic singing the songs about us people on here would be calling Celtic scum

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
abojodeh said:
papa platine sinks zat swear'ing in football is bad and vulgar' just becuze chanting is famous in britan

all of this fuss is because of the french frog Platini :mad:
You're xenophobia sickens me. What difference does his nationality make at all? Platini could come from anywhere in the world, he'd still be a jerk. No need to spout off pejorative terms.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Tbh, I'm not going to start about sectarianism, no matter who it is who's done it.

Its not acceptable, and could start serious trouble and should be punished more than it is, but as a Scotsman, I get pretty sick about hearing about sectarianism :rolleyes:

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I find it dumb that people bring politics and world affairs to football, its as bad as bringing religion to politics. football should be a way out of violence and problems not cause them imo.

S

·
0 Posts
manutd004 said:
Tbh, I'm not going to start about sectarianism, no matter who it is who's done it.
Its not acceptable, and could start serious trouble and should be punished more than it is, but as a Scotsman, I get pretty sick about hearing about sectarianism :rolleyes:
Could not agree more there Mr Bond.
Religious abuse is exactly the same as racial abuse, from either side.
Anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid.
How much trouble has been caused by race ?
How much trouble has be caused by religion ?

Anyone with an ounce of sense knows which one has caused more trouble.

migueldadon said:
I find it dumb that people bring politics and world affairs to football, its as bad as bringing religion to politics. football should be a way out of violence and problems not cause them imo.
Good post mate, especially the highlighted part, religion, race and politics have no place in football.
Football is a game of sport ......to be enjoyed by ALL... both players and supporters.

I saw and heard the Celtic fans singing pro IRA songs in Manchester myself, my eldest lad was at the Celtic game in Glasgow and confirms that United fans were singing the said song.

Disgusting on both sides and needs to be stopped. FULL STOP.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
good god allah vishnu - delete as applicable --- heres the news folks --- people call other people names:eek: people in football grounds shout abuse at each other :eek: . football is a place to let off steam have a sing and shout then go home --- or it was . some folk will only be happy when the stadiums are full of women and toddlers and the car park filled with audis and beemers .

if you go to a football match you may hear people shout nasty things at the officials :eek: i have had it up to here with all these politically correct bods going round looking to be offended . look at the furore over russell brand to see how mad the place is getting - all the funniest jokes have a fall guy .

i do not care a jot if our fans give others dogs abuse and i dont care if they give it back --- banter is what its all about . platini is a goggle eyed frog who hates england as every true frenchie should . they dont like us we dont like them .

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
They dont punish the likes of Pool when they sing the runway song, but this is punished?

Thats messed up

·
Registered
1 Posts
The singing was not acceptable. All it achieved was it brought us down to the level of Chelsea and other bigots like that. I understand that foul language is part of a football game, and will never be taken out but this was sectarian bigotry at it worst.
People say it was to wind the Celtic fans up, which it duly did but it was very offensive to sections of our own fans. I was at the game and was disgusted. I openly tell anyone who wants to know what exactly went on.
I do hope that UEFA fine us, like they did Rangers for chanting the same words, as that's the only way we'll guarantee it won't happen again.

·
Registered
46 Posts
WeeRed said:
The singing was not acceptable. All it achieved was it brought us down to the level of Chelsea and other bigots like that. I understand that foul language is part of a football game, and will never be taken out but this was sectarian bigotry at it worst.
People say it was to wind the Celtic fans up, which it duly did but it was very offensive to sections of our own fans. I was at the game and was disgusted. I openly tell anyone who wants to know what exactly went on.
I do hope that UEFA fine us, like they did Rangers for chanting the same words, as that's the only way we'll guarantee it won't happen again.

Have to agree here. My dad was at the game and he's an avid United supporter, but because of where my family are from we have that soft spot for Celtic also. He said some of the United chants were outrageous considering an awful lot of United supporters are Irish. Not to mention the amount of Irish players that have played for United.

Singing the Sash just because we're playing Celtic is absolute madness considering Irish United supporters from both communities steer clear of that sort of bigotry, we're all red at the end of the day. The idiots singing it probably don't even know what the song's about.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts