Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting next week we will have 2 games a week. Its a bit congested but
some exciting times and games ahead. This month is pivotal and its so
important to get a good start in all comps. How can you see things going?
and will many players be used during these games?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, but good to get them out of the way so early in the season. And anyhow, I fancy us to jo the job over both. Chelsea has to be the toughest I reckon but the lads are well capable.

Come on United!!

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
hey guys can we beat that Aab team by 9 goals lol
because when we beat roma 7 1 that was so nice
but after loserpool beat one team 8 0

that why i want man utd to show its class again lol Tevez 2 Rooney 2 Berbatov 2 Nani 1 carrick 1 Giggs 1 lol

its late nite here lol

·
Registered
590 Posts
It's a massive month ahead of us. I know it's only September and early on in the season but a few bad results could leave a lot of people inside the club feeling sceptical, and a lot outside the club doubting us.

At Anfield and Stamford Bridge I would be happy if we came out of both of those undefeated. I'd love to nick a 1-0 at both of them but as long as we don't lose them then I can't see it being too much of a problem.

Again in the Champions League I think we have it in our locker to stay unbeaten for the first two games, and probably win them both. The aim in the group stages always has to be to win your home games and draw your away ones but when you are the European Champions and are playing a team as inexperianced as Aalborg then I think we really should be looking for a win. Villareal will be a tough test I think but at OT we should be too strong for them.

Middlesborough in the Carling Cup is a tricky one to call. I think if SAF plays a side that has the right balance between experience, fringe players and youngsters then we have the ability to win. But if he fields a reserve team and Middlesborough play the likes of Downing, Alves and Mido then I can see them having a decent chance of taking something from the game.

The other league game against Bolton should I hope bring us 3 points. It's a derby game so you can never be sure of the outcome but again United playing at OT and with a strong side will have too much for Bolton to handle in my view.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
If we can get Carrick and Hargreaves fit then I wouldn't worry too much.

With Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher, Hargreaves and Anderson we are more than covered there for when/if we rotate. I actually think that our No.1 partnership (Scholes, Carrick) is the least needed this month. vs Chelsea and Liverpool I think Anderson and Hargreaves are most important as they are very mobile and like to get in a scrappy match, which is the main weakness of the Carrick - Scholes partnership.

Plus now that we have Berbatov, Tevez and Rooney we can rotate them this month.

The defence can be left untouched as they don't really need a rest yet. Maybe Evra in the 'Boro/ Bolton match couyld be rested but as a whole we'll be fine on the players front.

I actually think we can win at SB this season. Our main weakness is that we that we don't like playing physical teams, which Chelsea are famous for, but this season they seem to have adopted a more 'playing style', which will be better for us. Plus Drogba is out.

vs Liverpool we usually do well, although I think we'll need both Hargreaves and Anderson to get 6 points off these fixtures.

It should be a good month I feel. Aslong as we don't drop any stupid points then we should be ok, and we have the Carling Cup match where we can see the likes of the Da Silva's, Possesbon ect.

Plus we have the CL again. This is looking like a great month.

We sign Berbatov.
Our biggest match vs Liverpool.
A major match vs Chelsea.
A good look at the youngsters against some good opposition.
Two matches vs teams where we can be fairly confident of getting 6 points.
The return of the CL.

If anything this month is exciting for me. Lets just hope by the end of September we're in a positive mood.

edit: Damn I basically repeated what JD has said lol.

·
Registered
590 Posts
TheManc said:
If we can get Carrick and Hargreaves fit then I wouldn't worry too much.

With Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher, Hargreaves and Anderson we are more than covered there for when/if we rotate. I actually think that our No.1 partnership (Scholes, Carrick) is the least needed this month. vs Chelsea and Liverpool I think Anderson and Hargreaves are most important as they are very mobile and like to get in a scrappy match, which is the main weakness of the Carrick - Scholes partnership.

Plus now that we have Berbatov, Tevez and Rooney we can rotate them this month.

The defence can be left untouched as they don't really need a rest yet. Maybe Evra in the 'Boro/ Bolton match couyld be rested but as a whole we'll be fine on the players front.

I actually think we can win at SB this season. Our main weakness is that we that we don't like playing physical teams, which Chelsea are famous for, but this season they seem to have adopted a more 'playing style', which will be better for us. Plus Drogba is out.

vs Liverpool we usually do well, although I think we'll need both Hargreaves and Anderson to get 6 points off these fixtures.

It should be a good month I feel. Aslong as we don't drop any stupid points then we should be ok, and we have the Carling Cup match where we can see the likes of the Da Silva's, Possesbon ect.

Plus we have the CL again. This is looking like a great month.

We sign Berbatov.
Our biggest match vs Liverpool.
A major match vs Chelsea.
A good look at the youngsters against some good opposition.
Two matches vs teams where we can be fairly confident of getting 6 points.
The return of the CL.

If anything this month is exciting for me. Lets just hope by the end of September we're in a positive mood.

edit: Damn I basically repeated what JD has said lol.
Great minds think alike ;)

·
Registered
366 Posts
So long as we beat the scousers then Chelsea will be crapping themselves . Manchester United have no one to fear . You cant tell me Liverpool and Chelsea are relishing meeting us so early in the season . And if we dont beat the scousers then we have the opportunity to put it right a week later against Chelsea . Bring them on .

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Liverpool vs. Man United 7:45 a.m.
Notre Dame vs. Michigan 3:30 p.m.

Yay! Taaaaaasty even though I'll probably be feeling like garbage for the United fixture, but a hangover isn't an excuse to miss the best match on the planet!

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
piazza said:
Liverpool vs. Man United 7:45 a.m.
Notre Dame vs. Michigan 3:30 p.m.

Yay! Taaaaaasty even though I'll probably be feeling like garbage for the United fixture, but a hangover isn't an excuse to miss the best match on the planet!
No its not:rolleyes:
embrace it.... drink more:D
best way to cure a hangover is to drink more lol

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
exciting time ahead. the very first test to our squad strength. park, nani, giggs, carrick and hargreaves and manucho(hopefully) are back by the time. i think we will be able to cope.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
There is no better time to play the scum IMO.

They haven't found their form yet, Torres is rumoured to be back in time, but no Gerrard and without Gerrard they will be a lot weaker.

Anyway, even if both of them were to be fit, I believe we can win there.

As mentioned by the manc, I'd prefer Hargreaves and Anderson against the bin-dippers and against Chelski.

I believe we'll win at Anfield, but am less optimistic about the game at Stamford Bridge and would be happy with any kind of draw.

I'm mentally writting off the Boro match. I think fergie will play some of the fringe players and Gareth Southgate will play his best team. With the likes of Downing, Tuncay and Alves playing well against Liverpool and Tottenham, I think they might we it.

Villarreal might be a challenge, but our experience should see us do ok and Aalborg should be a white wash and I'd be concerned if we do notwin by at least a two-goal margin.

Also from what I understand Nihat and Rossi are not fit to play yet, so that should blunt their attacking threats.

I'm looking forward to the Bolton match. I like their goalie Al Habsi and think Johan Elmander wil provide a stern test for vidic and Ferdinand. I had an argument rd4l a few months ago so it will be interesting to see him play aginst United defenders.

And of course..... I can't wait to see Rooney, Tevez AND Berbatov in action!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
so i wont be surprised if berbatov will start from the bench against liverpool. he can make a major difference coming off the bench in second half.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
With so many tough away games in the 1st half of the season it is vital that we win our home games - Bolton really shouldn't cause us any problems at Old Trafford. I'd be happy with draws at Anfield and Stamford Bridge but Liverpool have struggled against us under Benitez so I think 4 points from those 2 games is good target to have.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
actually, we can see chelsea home record as a very realistic target this time. it has been a long time since we face chelsea away during the first half of the season. this is a good chance for us, and we are well known to break all the long unbeaten records

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
yeah anfield has become almost a second home although we cant rest on our past results there

they were all close thought games

so i suspect if we are going to win it will be by one goal nothing more really

as for stamford bridge i think it will be a really tough and hard game perhaps a draw would be the best bet for the game and perhaps the best result for us anything else would be a bonus

id be unhappy with anything else but a win at OT aginst boltan

and as for europian i think we can have a 100% record at home for sure

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RFR-Elmander will be out for that game. He picked up a serious injury so he's out for 6 weeks or so from what I heard.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
RFR-Elmander will be out for that game. He picked up a serious injury so he's out for 6 weeks or so from what I heard.
Just saw that when I checked fantasy football.

What a shame. It would have been good to see how he performs against Rio and Nemanja.

Alas, it's better news for us, as they will have less fire power upfront.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I couldn't care what anyone else thinks. Playing 2/3 games a week, whether thats during the group stages, the knockout rounds or over the festive period, is what the season is really about! :D

Without any injuries, our squad is certainly good enough, and big enough to cope with so many games. However, our squad may be stretched just now, as all our players arent all match fit/fit.

We don't know when Hargreaves will be ready. Well, its obviously soon, as he was going to play against Zenit, just so long as his knee feels fine. Park isn't match-fit, Carrick's been out for 2 weeks, Giggs has been out for 2 weeks (2 weeks?) the travelling may well affect Anderson and Tevez, though Tevez is playing one game left, and obviously we don't now about Manucho so thats only 3fit strikers atm. (Those are the players I can think of off the top of my head.)

I don't see why we should be a bit cautious going into the next 2 games, and why we shouldn't look to win the games. We are capable. I think if we go into the games thinking the best we can do is 2 points say, we'll end up getting beat.

We are capable of getting 2 wins if the squad doesn't get more depleted. But, being realistic, I think 2 points would be decent, but I think we should be aiming for at least 4. 4 points would be good, and 6 would be fantastic. And I don't see why we can't get at least 4.

But we have to play more attackingly in the Stamford Bridge game than we did last season imo, when he substituted Anderson for O'Shea then we lost.

As for the CL games, I would expect 6 points in all honesty. Villarreal are a good team, but we're at home and I believe their struggling with injuries.

We can't get too complacent about Aalborg. They may be inexperienced at this level, but that might be good for them. It means they hold no fear, and are an unknown quantity. But we should still get 3 points.

As for the other two, I expect differing results. I think that we should beat Bolton quite comfortable, maybe by 2 or 3 goals because its at OT.

However, the Boro game is unpredictable imo. If we just play reserves, we'll get put out imo, because I think Middlesbrough will fancy their chances and play their strongest team, or maybe just a couple of players being rested. However, if we play a mix of first team players, and reserve/youth, I think we can sneak through.

But September will be a great month, especially on the 20th :cool: :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's nice to get the Big games outta the way early on...
but i hope that everyone that has a chance will return to fitness in time to beat chelsea and liverpool.
And i also hope that no one picks up any injuries...
If everyone stays fit and returns to match fittness
We should be okay...
after all, we are united
=]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts