Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bosnian Serb war crimes suspect Radovan Karadzic, one of the world's most wanted men, has been arrested in Serbia after more than a decade on the run.

The Bosnian Serb wartime political leader disappeared in 1996.

He was arrested on Monday near Belgrade after more than a decade on the run.

He is indicted by the UN tribunal for war crimes and genocide over the 1995 massacre at Srebrenica.

A judge has ordered Mr Karadzic's transfer to the UN war crimes court in The Hague, Serbia's war crimes prosecutor Vladimir Vukcevic said.

Mr Karadzic's lawyer, Sveta Vujacic, has said he will appeal the ruling; he has three days to do so.

THE CHARGES:

Eleven counts of genocide, war crimes, crimes against humanity and other atrocities
Charged over the killing of some 12,000 civilians during the siege of Sarajevo
Allegedly organised the massacre of at least 7,500 Muslim men and youths in Srebrenica
Targeted Bosnian Muslim and Croat political leaders, intellectuals and professionals
Unlawfully deported and transferred civilians because of national or religious identity
Destroyed homes, businesses and sacred sites

The appointment of a new, pro-European government in Belgrade last month appears to have cleared the way for his arrest, says a BBC correspondent.

The European Union, which the new government hopes to join, has put Serbia under considerable pressure to hand over indicted war criminals to the UN tribunal in The Hague.

But Mr Karadzic's wartime military leader, Ratko Mladic, remains at large.

[/I]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7518543.stm

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Nice to see the new goverment in Serbia kept their promises that they will arrest the war criminals. One down, one to go!...of the big guns.

Dragan Dabic, that was his last/latest alias.

as Radovan Karadzic - as Dragan Dabic

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Finally!!This saga is over.I grew up in very bad days whan he was represendent as a hero,just like Mladic or even Milosevic.Many poople still believe that he is truly Serbian hero.If he is responsable for his charge,he deservs worst punish ever.
But,as a Serb,I'd like that he can have a fair trial here,in Serbia...not in Holland.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
No, trial in Holland. And I hope he suffers along the lines of his victims. Shame, he won't - we are "too civilised" for niceties like that. This "man" makes Stalin, Hitler and Pol Pot look like boy scouts.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
It's improbable To clean up all that genocide even If All commanders who dictated the war in Kosovo,Bosnia will be catched..
You think Anyone is a good man If He Kill 12.000 People with one order..:rolleyes:
Hope GOD doom all Serbians Who made crims..

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Lucky7 said:
It's improbable To clean up all that genocide even If All commanders who dictated the war in Kosovo,Bosnia will be catched..
You think Anyone is a good man If He Kill 12.000 People with one order
:eek: vida do crimes to the other strikers
he kill the opposite team striker
and you want him dead :eek:
what if skele made a crime you want him doomed too :eek: :(

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Skele said:
Finally!!This saga is over.I grew up in very bad days whan he was represendent as a hero,just like Mladic or even Milosevic.Many poople still believe that he is truly Serbian hero.If he is responsable for his charge,he deservs worst punish ever.
But,as a Serb,I'd like that he can have a fair trial here,in Serbia...not in Holland.

Red Devil said:
No, trial in Holland. And I hope he suffers along the lines of his victims. Shame, he won't - we are "too civilised" for niceties like that. This "man" makes Stalin, Hitler and Pol Pot look like boy scouts.
I am happy for you Skele they catch this man. Now maybe Serbia can catch Mladic
too. This will allow you entry to the EU which (supposedly) is much better for you.
Having said that, the ridiculous rules they impose can be rather troublesome !!

RD's comment sounds like it came straight from Brussels, lol. They are so arrogant
toward us in Eastern Europe !! "No ! Trial in Holland!" ... They demanded our
country hand over that pig Nicolae Ceausescu and his whore wife in 1989 !! No
way, they tried them Xmas Day 1989 and one hour later shot both of these
stinking animals !! :eek:The West would have put them in a nice prison cell and let them live !!

They think we cannot take care of business like this !!

At least RD agrees to shoot Karadzic too - We'll send him to Brussels maybe

He is your guy. He committed the crimes in your country or nearby. So I agree, it
is your right to deal with him !! I applaud the fact you don't defend him too. It's
hard to speak out against people from your own country I know this, but he was a
bad guy.

Serbia has the right to deal with it - and it should only go to The Hague if Serbia
ask for this.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
RD's comment sounds like it came straight from Brussels, lol. They are so arrogant toward us in Eastern Europe !! "No ! Trial in Holland!" ... They demanded our
country hand over that pig Nicolae Ceausescu and his whore wife in 1989 !! No
way, they tried them Xmas Day 1989 and one hour later shot both of these
stinking animals !! :eek:The West would have put them in a nice prison cell and let them live !!
They think we cannot take care of business like this !!

At least RD agrees to shoot Karadzic too - We'll send him to Brussels maybe
Dont you think statements like this is a reason why you think people in 'Brussels' or den Haag (Haag) keep their 'arrogance' towards you?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Lucky7 said:
You think Anyone is a good man If He Kill 12.000 People with one order..:rolleyes:
Ohh shut a **** up,will ya.....Don't forget that you were born and still leaving in SERBIA....whatever you think!!!

Hope God doom to Radovan just like he did to Ramus Haradinai and all Albanians who are stealing our together country:mad:

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Wherever he gets the trial - I hope he lives a loooong life...In a stinkin cell not bigger than 1 square meter.... Milosevic was in Hague having fun, working in the gym, reading, watching TV, playing cards...Kill 1 person and you'll get 40 years to life in a hardcore prison with real criminals, kill 1 nation and you'll get a freakin vacation,,,, i'm sick even talking about it..
i understand everything , i can even understand people supporting milosevic(because media can manipulate and make a picture of him as a visionare who fought for serbian people ( as sick as it can be it is true that they made a picture of him like that ) ) , but how can anyone support a person who was a butcher accused of a genocide and who directly ordered those murders is beyond me. I saw pictures in Serbia of old women waving with his picture and supporting him and I couldn't believe it. how sick can one be. We also have a general ( Branimir Glavas ) who supposedlly killed innocent Serbs in an awfull way and I'm disgusted by him. I hate those people. People like him put a stain on a true war heroes

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Skele said:
Ohh shut a **** up,will ya.....Don't forget that you were born and still leaving in SERBIA....whatever you think!!!

Hope God doom to Radovan just like he did to Ramus Haradinai and all Albanians who are stealing our together country:mad:
Never Say that I was Born In Se****
I was Born In Kosova And I Live In the Newest State in the World called "Kosova"..
!!!
:mad:

Understand This One ...

Also We Have The Best Friends Of G8

Bush vows to help Kosovo gain recognition

US President George W. Bush promised Kosovo's visiting president and prime minister Monday he would try to convince more nations to embrace formal diplomatic ties with their young country.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
i wouldn't allow him to have a trial in belgrade nor in hague - i'd get him a trial in a state in which he commited those murders

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Lucky7 said:
Never say that Abo..
Kosova was never a Part of Serbia..:mad:
am sorry to tell you but this is the truth

Kanchelskis is Half Ukrainian And Lithuanian
But When The Soviet Union Broke Up They Counted Him As Russian
Ukraine aint Russia but cuz Russia was ruling they counted him Russian

so you was born in Kosova but Kosova was part of Serbia and that means you was born in Serbia

You Are A Kosovian Born In Serbia ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts