Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United look set to seal a deal for Serbian starlet Adem Ljajic after he travelled to England alongside Zoran Tosic.

Left winger Tosic has flown to Manchester to undergo a medical ahead of his proposed move to Old Trafford in January.

United have already agreed terms with Partizan Belgrade for Tosic and have successfully appealed to get him a work permit, and his move will be rubber-stamped once the transfer window opens next month.

Tosic, 20, flew to England on Wednesday evening after he played his final game for Partizan as they played out a goalless draw with Vojvodina.

But Tosic was not alone on the flight as his Partizan team-mate Ljajic accompanied him from Belgrade.

United have held a long-term interest in Ljajic and it has now been revealed that he has joined Tosic in Manchester.

It is reported in Serbia that Ljajic, who enjoyed a trial at Old Trafford earlier this year, will also have a medical with a view to signing for United.

Ljajic, rated as one of the best young players in Europe, will not be on the move immediately as United are ready to let him stay at Partizan for at least six months but possibly for as long as 18 months.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_4623745,00.html

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Looks like Ljajic won't get the chance to wear the utd jersey until he's at least 19 years old. Don't understand why we would send him back to Serbia for so long. Bet ya now, we've been ripped off and we'll be paying like 10mill for each of them.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Look both look class acts maybe they will go back on loan till the end of the season but im looking forward to seeing them play . Looking back over the years when serbia and croatia were a joined country they produce some of my all time fav players suker , prozneski , boban add to that vidic , savicavic and there are loads more .

Very skillfull players with amazing technical ability .

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Glad that Tosic will sign and I hope he'll settle quickly here with help of his compatriot Vidic and we will be able to see him play

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
marty davidson said:
Ljajic, rated as one of the best young players in Europe, will not be on the move immediately as United are ready to let him stay at Partizan for at least six months but possibly for as long as 18 months.
We offered a similar deal to Cardiff for Ramsey. Let's hope Wenger doesn't nip in and nick this young lad too. :rolleyes:

·
23,699 Posts
reddwarf said:
We offered a similar deal to Cardiff for Ramsey. Let's hope Wenger doesn't nip in and nick this young lad too. :rolleyes:
Let's phone Vidic to put his big arms around the kids.. firmly. ;)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Sweet!!
We really need a left winger, especially to create some decent competition for places.

Anyone know what position Adem Ljajic plays? It didnt say in the article.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Sweet!!
We really need a left winger, especially to create some decent competition for places.

He can play as a winger, but he's more of an attacking midfielder. He's scored 2 goals in 10apps for Partizan this year. Not as impressive tosic though 9 goals in 20
lOOK like 2 for the future defo. :D

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
They call him "Little Kaka" and he scores quite a bit so I'm guessing attacking mid. I think he plays on the wing or something aswell.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Urm Ljajic plays across the midfield I think, not sure where his preferred position of the 3 is though, might not of made his mind up yet considering he's only 17. But I've heard he's meant to be a long term replacement for Scholes so maybe C/AM

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Personally I love the style of football in the former yugoslavia, glad to see tosic come in and maybe be the answer to an aging giggs. surely the competition will also raise nanis performance for us. as for ljajic, finally saf goes and gets a wonderkid, we missed out on alot of those over the years so im happy we got him as well.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) -Serbia winger Zoran Tosic has failed to agree on a contract with Manchester United, but said he remains optimistic he will join the club in January.

The 21-year-old Partizan Belgrade player visited Old Trafford last week with his manager, but said Sunday that United's offer "does not coincide with'' his demands.

"We agreed to stay in touch and I believe that everything will be fine in the end,'' he said.

Tosic's manager Zoran Pavlovic said the player was unhappy with the salary he is being offered, and told Belgrade daily Blic that the winger might consider finding another club.

No details of the transfer fee has been given for Tosic, but local media said it was around ?3.5 million ($4.5 million.)

Tosic was granted a British work permit last month, after United manager Alex Ferguson made a personal plea at a hearing in Sheffield.

Tosic has made 12 international appearances, including at the Beijing Olympics, and can play on either flank.

link http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/soccer/wires/12/14/2080.ap.soc.man.united.tosic.0214/index.html

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
migueldadon said:
Personally I love the style of football in the former yugoslavia, glad to see tosic come in and maybe be the answer to an aging giggs. surely the competition will also raise nanis performance for us. as for ljajic, finally saf goes and gets a wonderkid, we missed out on alot of those over the years so im happy we got him as well.
We got ourselves a wonderkid in Anderson a year ago didn't we?

I really hope this salary issue is resolved. I'd be disapointed if we missed out on him over that.

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Manchester United are set to pull out of a deal for Partizan Belgrade's Serbian winger Zoran Tosic in a row over his personal terms. That the last I have heard on this.He is obviously asking mega bucks.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Red Devil said:
Manchester United are set to pull out of a deal for Partizan Belgrade's Serbian winger Zoran Tosic in a row over his personal terms. That the last I have heard on this.He is obviously asking mega bucks.
Source? I heard about this on tribal, where it says that Partizn will only sell us Tosic in a double deal with Ljajic?

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
NateR said:
We got ourselves a wonderkid in Anderson a year ago didn't we?

I really hope this salary issue is resolved. I'd be disapointed if we missed out on him over that.
18 million is hardly a bargain find though in the way Fabregas was...

Apparently Tosic wants more wage than Fergie wants to give a fairly inexperianced Serbian winger, especially considering its Ljajic whos the main prospect...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts