Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
So what is the story on these two? we're not going to miss out on a few wonder kids over a few quid are we?? better get sorted!

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I think maybe they are stalling because they know David Silva could be sold from Valencia because they are in such financial trouble; Ashley Young is being talked about going to Madrid so maybe they want to see what his availability is, and apparently Ribery has said he could be tempted to leave so maybe he thinks he has better options.

That's just my own speculation on it though, hope we wrap up this Ljajic though without any problems before someone else gets him because it sounds like he could be the next big thing, and its known Madrid wanted him too.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Serbian star Zoran Tosic has insisted he is still desperate to sign for Manchester United.

The 21-year-old winger was in England last week for a medical and to discuss personal terms ahead of his proposed January switch to Old Trafford.

However, Tosic was unable to agree terms with United and left without having signed - which was a disappointment to him.

"If Partizan and Manchester discussed for month and a half, it is difficult to believe that I would settle everything in just two days," he revealed.

"The representatives of Manchester presented their vision of the future, which, sadly, at that moment, didn't convey with ours.

"Anyway, the contact will remain and I believe that we will have a happy end.

"I haven't started to think about another club, I firmly remain positive on the whole matter."
Big impression

Tosic also revealed how much of an impression United left on him.

"When I arrived at Old Trafford that left an enormous impression on me. The training facilities also.

"The club functions perfectly as everybody acts as a family. There is big respect among players no matter if you are in the first team or in the reserves."

Tosic admitted fellow countryman Nemanja Vidic has recommended the club to him.

"Vidic told me that all players are great guys, acting together and that I would find no trouble settling in," he said.

The Serbian international also admitted he was delighted to have met Sir Alex Ferguson.

"He is a very friendly and interesting person," he said.

"We bumped into each other several times and he always had something to say, always with a smile on his face."

Tosic's agent Zoran Pavlovic admitted that his charge would only sign if United improved their offer, which he hopes will happen soon.

"They expected that we will accept everything what they offer," said Pavlovic.

"Instead, we thanked them for everything. The financial side of the agreement is not acceptable to us, but we will continue talking."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4654412,00.html

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Skele said:
UTD-Serbian club........bwhaaaaaaaa........almost
Alright Skele, long time mate.
Tell us what you know about these Serbians. Are they good enough to play for United?
Tell us all!:p

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Alright Skele, long time mate.
Tell us what you know about these Serbians. Are they good enough to play for United?
Tell us all!:p
Of course not.....We are big club and there is no room for average players....Zoran is a crap....I watched him every weak and all he can do is to clean Ronaldo's shoes.Btw,he is not happy with his wage....what a plonker.....I'll give whole my life if I could just traininig with Giggs or Scholes....Ademm Ljajic can be good.He is still young......But there is a few Serbs who i beleve can be very good for UTD,like Gojko Kacar from Herta Berlin or Zdravko Kuzmanovic from, Fiore,or even Milos Krasic and Milan Jovanovic........Like I said .........UTD-Serbian club:D

·
Registered
605 Posts
Skele said:
Of course not.....We are big club and there is no room for average players....Zoran is a crap....I watched him every weak and all he can do is to clean Ronaldo's shoes.Btw,he is not happy with his wage....what a plonker.....I'll give whole my life if I could just traininig with Giggs or Scholes....Ademm Ljajic can be good.He is still young......But there is a few Serbs who i beleve can be very good for UTD,like Gojko Kacar from Herta Berlin or Zdravko Kuzmanovic from, Fiore,or even Milos Krasic and Milan Jovanovic........Like I said .........UTD-Serbian club:D

i expected tosic to be average and adem ljajic to be a great prospect for the future and also that "little kaka" thing made me think that they would be great

·
Registered
32 Posts
hopefully we seal the deal in no time. Ljajic seems to be a talent. and it's a wise decision to loan him back to partizan to gain some experience, flourish and show what he's capable of rather than playing in our reserve.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
It will be a shame if we don't sign these two players as they are both highly reguarded in serbian football and particually tosic as we could do with a good winger at the moment as nani has been pretty useless of late.

·
Registered
72 Posts
BBC Teletext has taken the following bit of transfer speculation from today's edition of The Times:

Manchester United look set to finalise the £16.3m deal to bring Serbian duo Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic from Partizan Belgrade. (The Times)

I'd like to think that The Times has a lot more credibility than The Sun, and this piece of transfer gossip is actually true

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
saw it too...it looks like these days United could unveil them, with Tosic remaining with Utd...while Ljajic will return to Belgrade until the end of the season

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Sounds good! I'll be pleased to get these guys! sounds like we're paying more than was originally reported...

I think we should loan both of them to a Championship club til the end of the season, 1 that will get promoted, and leave them there again next season! let them get to grips with English football on some1 elses time!

There's little point in him playing for Partizan, if only to seal the deal!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Trigwynt said:
BBC Teletext has taken the following bit of transfer speculation from today's edition of The Times:

Manchester United look set to finalise the £16.3m deal to bring Serbian duo Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic from Partizan Belgrade. (The Times)

I'd like to think that The Times has a lot more credibility than The Sun, and this piece of transfer gossip is actually true
Gossip is just gossip no matter where it comes from.
Anyway, I hope its true so we can write off Nani for good. Cash in on him and actually have a goal threat from the wings again.
Ronaldo have run dry and Park's main duty isnt to score.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
spellbound said:
Gossip is just gossip no matter where it comes from.
Anyway, I hope its true so we can write off Nani for good. Cash in on him and actually have a goal threat from the wings again.
Ronaldo have run dry and Park's main duty isnt to score.
Nani won't leave.He's here for the long run. Giggsy has 1 year at most left....at Tosic and Nani will fight for a place in the first team while Ronaldo will sometimes be subbed by Park:D

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
Nani won't leave.He's here for the long run. Giggsy has 1 year at most left....at Tosic and Nani will fight for a place in the first team while Ronaldo will sometimes be subbed by Park:D
Maybe true but last part you my accident swap the names. Park will get subbed by Ronaldo from time to time. :D

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
spellbound said:
Maybe true but last part you my accident swap the names. Park will get subbed by Ronaldo from time to time. :D
If that will ever happen, Ronaldo will take the fastest plane to Madrid, and as long as Fergie is in charge..that won't happen:D:p

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
If that will ever happen, Ronaldo will take the fastest plane to Madrid, and as long as Fergie is in charge..that won't happen:D:p
What do we need Ronaldo for? Since mid Nov Park have been scoring as many...or rather as few goals as Ronaldo have.
Sad to say for United but the Portuguese boys are stone cold at the moment and only last seasons stats keeps Ronaldo at the team sheet but Nani have not the name yet to be put to play.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts