Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just saw the news that united are after a turkish U-21 international sercan yildirim...
we have contacted both his club and family.................
we may have to bid about 5 mill pounds for him
this is all i could get of him in wiki

Sercan Yildirim (born April 4, 1990) is a Turkish professional footballer who currently plays for Bursaspor. He has regularly played for the Turkish national team in junior levels. He is acknowledged as one of the promising players with a possible very bright future by Turkish media and authorities. Clubs such as Manchester United have been interested in signing him. Currently part of the Turkey national under-21 football team. He is currently top scorer at Türkcell Süper Lig, scoring 4 goals in 4 matches.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Yeah his joint top scorer of the Turkish 1st Division with Baros and is only 18. He doesn't play for a 'big' Turkish club so his fee shouldn't be too high.

According to my Turkish mates his a wonderful prospect and should be a future gem. He also seems to be nearing a full international cap. Lets all keep an eye on him lol

·
Registered
736 Posts
I heard his story from dailymirror !!

Here you go !!

Manchester United want red-hot Turkish teenager Sercan Yildirim

Manchester United are trying to sign the hottest property in Turkish football.

Sercan Yildirim has lit up the Turkish Super League this season and caught Sir Alex Ferguson's eye with four goals in five games for Bursaspor.

£5m-rated Yildirim, 18, said: "I've had many offers but United have contacted my family and the president of the club."
-DailyMirror

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Sounds promising.

Anyone know what hes like? e.g tall and strong, a natural goalscorer, quick etc etc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello I am from Turkey, My Team Galatasaray..

Sercan Yıldırım very good players.

Sercan Yıldırım going to goal king.

·
Statto
5,644 Posts
Never heard of this guy before but if The Daily Star are to be believed he could be on his way to United?

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Football :: Exclusive: Fergie Turkish delight
I've not heard of him either. Is SAF buying for the Reserves? Buying to loan out? Genuinely hoping for some of the talented new boys to emerge in the First Team? Buying because he expects a mass exodus in summer 2010 when a few of the oldies retire? I suppose you can use the £80 million from Ronaldo to buy a couple of world class players, or you can buy 20 prospects, loan them out, and eventually sell them all for double money! Have United found a better solution than selling replica shirts? :whistling:

·
Statto
5,644 Posts
They say M.City wants him..He is a good player and can be better when he plays in premier leauge
Did you ever see that Michael Jackson documentary where he walked through this room of expensive furniture and ornaments going "I'll have that one, that one, that one, that one ....." Kind of like City in the transfer market. Quantity rather than quality! This Turkish guy could be good, but knowing that City want him isn't an automatic sign that he's any good if they are just chasing everybody with two legs.

I suppose it's a modern mentality to buying players. If I take all the toys, you can't play with them! Maybe City will have a first team squad of 50 players so that they win the League because nobody else has any decent players left?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts