Team you'd like to win Serie A?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 728 Posts

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Serie A starts this weekend, as the UK folk will know you can watch a sunday afternoon match on Channel 5 with the lovely laura esposito (even if you hate itilan football you should tune in just for her alone). so whats your views on this some times slow but very entertaining league.

in my opinion,

Inter, for favorties due to the fact they have won it 3 years in a row although i think there could be dressing room egos mostly with jose being at the helm.

AC Milan, they have been very flat of late but with a ageing team you cant be suprised but with some of there additions they could really push for a tittle spot this year around.

Roma, with totti ageing yet still fantastic i think roma could struggle this year i dont think they have made that many signings plus they have a shakey keeper (or is that just aginst united) although they have got some good youth Alberto Aquilani being one of my favorties, also the signing of baptista could be good for them but a champions league spot is the best they can look at in my eyes

Juventus, very good team with a mixture of age and good youth, signing Amauri was good but you only have to look at buffon and del perio to realise how good this squad is for me they could easly win the scudetto this year.

i think its hard to look past these 4, just like in england

others teams with a outside chance could be Fiorentina (my favorite) pazzini is a awsome finnisher and mutu is classy as well.
Sampdoria, not quite got the greatest squad but when not being a complete child cassano is a awsome player.

your views?

p.s. a photo of the lovely laura to get you in the mood, For football of corse:p

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I agree.

Laura is lovely :D

I'd be surprised if anyone but Inter win Serie A. They could be a force to be reckoned with in the Champions League too.

Didn't they win the Italian equivalent of the Community Shield at the weekend?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Nice thread. We can keep all Serie A discussion/results in here this season.
My team are Juve. Always loved them growing up and I always disliked Milan
for some reason. It should be an interesting year alright, with Jose at Inter
an Sheva and Ronaldihno at Milan. Juve are dark horses but if they get a good
start, they will have a great chance.

Alf-Ill leave it to you to update this thread throughout the season. Thanks ;-)

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
reddwarf said:
I agree.

Laura is lovely :D

I'd be surprised if anyone but Inter win Serie A. They could be a force to be reckoned with in the Champions League too.

Didn't they win the Italian equivalent of the Community Shield at the weekend?

yeah inter did on penos 6-5 vs roma, so thats a pretty good start for them, and that photo of laura was bigger than expected but i dont think anyone minds :p

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Hey Anderson Left Foot..... take that pic of my girlfriend down lol

I hope Juventus do well, have liked them since i was a kid:)

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VaVaVoom said:
Hey Anderson Left Foot..... take that pic of my girlfriend down lol

I hope Juventus do well, have liked them since i was a kid:)
we all wish she was i think shes dateing nesta:confused: well i know shes pro AC Milan.

some bad news i think 5 mite of stopped the show or not got the rights cuz the website has been suspended and there is no listing for this weekends sunday game, i hope its not true ill do some snooping and find out :(

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no coverage on FIVE

sadly ive just found out five are no longer showing serie A , so no football crap and sadly no laura double crap :(, but ill keep updated cause i herd it mite be on cable or somthing or online streems, ill keep my eye out but ill update the scores and table :D

p.s. for the sad loss on laura google her it will go someway to making up loosing her and the football :p

·
Registered
185 Posts
andersons_left_foot said:
sadly ive just found out five are no longer showing serie A , so no football crap and sadly no laura double crap :(, but ill keep updated cause i herd it mite be on cable or somthing or online streems, ill keep my eye out but ill update the scores and table :D

p.s. for the sad loss on laura google her it will go someway to making up loosing her and the football :p
Don't get too down boys....Good old Setanta have aquired the rights for Serie A for at least this season. So coverage will start this weekend and will no doubt be better than anything since the good old channel 4 days (well at the beginning anyway).
But it does sadly mean we've probably seen the last of Laura on British T.V..

As for the league this season I fully expect Inter to retain the title. They have cantered to the last three and have improved significantly with their acquisitions this summer. Some good players but most importantly with the 'special one' :D As much as I think he's a C**K you cannot argue against his quality. They will win the title by at least 4-5 points. Juve are/will be solid but don't expect them to set anything on fire, they will be difficult to beat but boring. Expect Roma etc. to up there or there abouts but my dark horses are Milan. They won't tolerate another season like last and with the undoubted quality still in their squad (yes, I know they didn't show it last season) they have a really good chance of being right up there till the end. When you have Kaka running your midfield and if they can get Ronaldinho even half fit they could be awesome on their day. My own team in Italy is Fiorentina. I've followed the Viola for almost 20 years now, they have always had awesome players (Baggio, Batistuta etc) and wonderful support from some of the most passionate fans in Italy (and thats saying something!!) With a bit of luck they will finish top 4 again and maybe get somewhere in Europe. Also hope Sampdoria continue to consolidate and push on up the league, they're another wonderful Italian club not in the same mould as the usual suspects, and if you ever go to Italy to watch Serie A matches I would recommend the Luigi Ferraris stadium in Genoa. Just under 40 thousand odd I think but an incredible atmosphere created there. Lazio to really struggle (poss relegation if they suffer injury problems).

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SlipDigby1892 said:
Don't get too down boys....Good old Setanta have aquired the rights for Serie A for at least this season. So coverage will start this weekend and will no doubt be better than anything since the good old channel 4 days (well at the beginning anyway).
But it does sadly mean we've probably seen the last of Laura on British T.V..
ahhh cheers for the info my friend :D shame ive not got it but luckly im getting it within the next 2 weeks so thats alright news. and it is sad about laura

·
Registered
185 Posts
No worries Anderson, glad to see someone else who obviously loves their Italian football as much as me and also knows their stuff. Good job gettin Setanta, they really are getting better and better, it will def become one of the top channels in your favourites list very quickly!

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SlipDigby1892 said:
No worries Anderson, glad to see someone else who obviously loves their Italian football as much as me and also knows their stuff. Good job gettin Setanta, they really are getting better and better, it will def become one of the top channels in your favourites list very quickly!
cheers mate ive always been a fan its alot slower but i enjoy the passion and stuff, so all is good on setanta im looking forward to getting more channels i only have 1 to 5 at the moment which is awful

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Inter Milan will win. They have brought some good players while Milan have brought 1 very good player in Flamini but Ronaldinho's legs have gone. Zambrotta is good but he won't make the difference between winning and losing.

Roma have lost Mancini and havn't really brought anyone of note while Juve are a few years from getting back to what they used to be.

FWIW if Inter win the league then they equal Milan's Serie A record of wins.

Juventus have the most though.

I'm interested to see if anyone knows, maybe ejuventus can help me, but who is seen as a bigger club, Milan or Juve? Domestic record holder vs European record holder.

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
What would be your Inter team this would be mine

------------------------Julio Cesar------------------------
Maicon----Cordoba--------------Chivu----Maxwell---

--------------Zanetti----Vieira----Cambiasso----------

-------Mancini-------Ibrahimovic------Adriano---------

And Milan team:

-------------------------Abbiati----------------------------

Oddo-----------Nesta---------Kaladze--------Zambrotta

--------------Gattuso/Flamini---Pirlo--------------------

----------Seedorf-------Kaka---------Ronaldinho

---------------------------Pato-----------------------------

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
God Bless A_L_F for that Espo pic!

Anyways onto my diatribe: Time to come out with it, how shocked would you all be if I picked anyone besides Roma? Totti is my favorite player of all time and I've always supported Roma and Juve in the Serie A (glory hunterish I know but for the life of me I can't pick). With their recent additions Roma should challenge however I worry about depth in their squad. Great starting XI but the bench is pretty poor.

Who do I honestly believe will win?

A.C. Milan and here's why: They have nothing else to focus on. They've brought in a number of excellent players as well.

Flamini: Best transfer of the summer IMO, (FREE!)
Ronaldinho: Should be itching to prove himself and try to regain his prior form to shut up the critics.
Sheva: Will have ridiculous support up front from Kaka and R80 and should be allowed to just bang shots in all day like he used to do.

The only thing I worry about for Milan is the fact they don't have much out wide, though Seedorf can play there effectively sometimes. Jankulovski could also play there.

Just a guess at what their lineup could be.

---------------------------Abbiati------------------------
Zambrotta---------Nesta-----------Kaladze-----------Jankulovski
----------------Flamini--------Pirlo-------Seedorf
-----------------------Kaka-------Ronaldinho
----------------------------Pato/Sheva/Inzaghi/Paloschi

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Milan are almost certainly gonna play a 4-3-2-1 formation.

----------Gattusso-------Pirlo-------Flamini-------

--Kaka---------------------------------------------Ronaldinho--

------------------------Pato/Sheva--------------------------------

Ronaldinho and Kaka will have free roles. Inzaghi will be a super sub. Seedorf is back up for Kaka and Dinho.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
piazza said:
God Bless A_L_F for that Espo pic!

Anyways onto my diatribe: Time to come out with it, how shocked would you all be if I picked anyone besides Roma? Totti is my favorite player of all time and I've always supported Roma and Juve in the Serie A (glory hunterish I know but for the life of me I can't pick). With their recent additions Roma should challenge however I worry about depth in their squad. Great starting XI but the bench is pretty poor.

Who do I honestly believe will win?

A.C. Milan and here's why: They have nothing else to focus on. They've brought in a number of excellent players as well.

Flamini: Best transfer of the summer IMO, (FREE!)
Ronaldinho: Should be itching to prove himself and try to regain his prior form to shut up the critics.
Sheva: Will have ridiculous support up front from Kaka and R80 and should be allowed to just bang shots in all day like he used to do.

The only thing I worry about for Milan is the fact they don't have much out wide, though Seedorf can play there effectively sometimes. Jankulovski could also play there.
just call me alf like some clever nickname :D

id be shocked :p

they dont need wingers this is italy haha

to be fair mate u do have a point about milan i just think inter are slightly to strong and on a roll even with jose at the helm. if milan have a rockey start they could crumble but i think ur right about ronnydihnio he defo has a point to prove and i think he just some how fell out of love with barca.

i also beleive the viola could have a chance pazzini is a awsome goal scorer abit like toni (when he could score), montoleviro (spelt wrong) hes awsome, they have also got in steven jovetic (who we were after at one point) and gillerdino (who has a massive point to prove) for me florentina could have a decent dig at the tittle

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Major Summer Transfers:

-RONALDINHO to AC Milan (from Barcelona)

-ZAMBROTTA to AC Milan (from Barcelona)

-FLAMINI to AC Milan (from Arsenal)

-GILARDINO to Fiorentina (from AC Milan)

-MANCINI to Inter Milan (from Roma)

-JOHN ARNE RIISE to Roma (from Liverpool)

-AMAURI to Juventus (from Palermo)

-MUNTARI to Inter Milan (from Portsmouth)​

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
My word.......... Milan made a few signings, add in Sheva aswell.
Its still the Milan of old tho, having an old team!!
Zambrotta, Sheva, Ronaldinho are after losing there touch.
Plus the have Senderos, they have added alot but not top quality.
Dont let the names decieve you

Inter should walk away with it!
Still like Juventus out of them all, they had some great plyers over the years

1 - 20 of 728 Posts