Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cmon everyone lets be serious, what do you think utd will win this season?

we all hope we win the lot but is it really possible?

i personally think prem, carling cup and fa cup

but tba we have got the squad to go all the way

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Well the manager has said while in Malta that he would most like to win the European Cup. Unfortunately, however, I do not think that will b easy, considering that we have the hardest tie of the English teams against Inter, and also because Barça are in tremendous form.

So personally, to be realistic, I will limit it to 2 trophies - the Premiership and the Carling Cup.

·
Registered
54 Posts
For me it will be the League Cup, The Champions League and the League.... but we definetly have the squad to win all the trophies in the competition we play.

I do honestly believe that something special will happen this season, Sir Alex knows there is still gears to go up and if we hit top gear at the right time nobody can match us.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Have the Squad to win the lot but seriously:

I think we will win the Carling Cup.. Easy!
We should definatley win the League..
FA Cup could be anyones..
Champions League will be hard to retain..

I think we will win the Carling Cup and Prem League.. Come close in the other 2

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
The sky's the limit the way I see it, its impossible to predict.

On current form Barcelona seem to be the best team in Europe, but apparently they are tiring physically and mentally so we shall see how they go in the last part of the season, so they are the favourites for the Champions League currently, but if we improve and they falter, we have a fantastic chance of retaining it.

Domestically, we should be able to wrap up the league and at least one of the domestic cups without too much trouble.

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
I think we'll win the Premier League and the Carling cup for sure. We'll get to the final in FA cup and later stages in the Champions League (I don't say we wont win these last two)

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
honestly think we have the strongest squad in the premiership and champions league...... always believed the league was ours and still believe we can retain the champions league.

ironically think the toughest one to win on the day will be the carling cup....we will field a mixed bag of players but spurs will be really going for that one big time.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
chrizutd said:
cmon everyone lets be serious, what do you think utd will win this season?

we all hope we win the lot but is it really possible?

i personally think prem, carling cup and fa cup

but tba we have got the squad to go all the way
So do i, champions league is going to be that little bit harder with all the expectations on us. :)

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
Love to see utd retain the premiership (which we will without a doubt) and also the champions league, im sick off the scousers keep bragging about the blue badge, so be nice to see Utd get the blue badge as well. Somehow i have a bad feeling that Barcelona might ruin that for us with the current form they are in, hope i am wrong about that but we was lucky to off beat them last season and this season they are a better team and they will be gunning for revenge. We have a good chance at winning the FA cup and the Carling cup but tbh retaining the premiership/champions league is all that matters.

·
Registered
85 Posts
"honestly think we have the strongest squad in the premiership and champions league...... always believed the league was ours and still believe we can retain the champions league."

i agree, i think we have the strongest team in europe!

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
The League. Ive said from day one all i want is the league.We may pip the yids to the tin cup but im not fussed if we dont.If teams keep their form from their respective leagues and take it to the UCL then Barca will win.....they're averaging 3 goals a game :eek:

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
The League. Ive said from day one all i want is the league.We may pip the yids to the tin cup but im not fussed if we dont.
Absolutely agree with you. If we finish the season with "just" the League I'll be absolutely delighted. I also want to win the League Cup to an extent. I'm not normally fussed about it, but since we're now in the final I'd like to win it, but it's not that important.

If we manage the FA Cup and/or the Champions League on top of the League then that will be a massive bonus for me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ditto from me - the League is the true measure of success domestically so that's my number 1. I'd be really surprised if we don't win it, but I'd be equally sutprised if it looked like we were going to mess it up at some stage on the run-in too.

As for the Carling Cup - I can't see Spurs winning; that would be a travesty so I'll put my hand up for that one too.

I'm not so confident about the Campions League, but that's probably the nerves more than the head showing. On paper, we've a great squad and a master tactitican at the helm. Why not win it on the bounce? We deserve to be the first to do it!

I know it's not very pc, but couldn't care less about the FA cup anymore...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'll take what we can get - the UCL will be damned hard to get through the next round never mind to the final, unless Spurs win the League Cup, as when they win something, Fergie wins a European trophy at United !!!

anyway, bulls**t aside, EPL and League Cup I think are realistic at the moment, and would be excellent, more than that, nirvana !!!

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
EPL & Carling cup......the UCL you cant say to be honest, so many good teams in there. Fa cup i think we will get knocked as SAF seems to be blooding youngster through theses games?

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
as long as we win the prem id be a very happy man we cant be winning doubles and trebles every season and the league should be number one priority as it shows your dominance while the champions league you need luck look at liverpoo they didn't even finish in the top 4 in there league when they won it :rolleyes:!

as for the Carling cup i didn't really care at the start of the season but now were in the final i think we should go all out to win it tbh a trophey is a trophy and plus helps with a little bit of extra cash ;)

the fa cup is a toss up again you need a certain amount of luck like last season we didnt have that luck when ronaldo should of had a penalty early in the pompey game and in the end they got a penalty and we had no keeper in the for it :rolleyes: rio doesnt count if it was JOS he would have saved it ;) :p

so for me it goes in order of what we will win(on the outside is what i would like to win)

1 prmiership(1st)
2 Carling cup(4th)
3 fa cup(3rd)
4 champions league(2nd)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Personally I think we will win 2 trophies, the Premiership and the Carling Cup (well actually I'm 50-50 on whether we will win that or not :eek:)

I think Barca should win the Champions League and I think Chelsea must win something so I'll give them the FA Cup, but with the way we're playing I wouldn't be surprised if we won all 4 but that is a major feat, and is obviously very tough.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I reckon the Prem and Carling Cup.

Chelsea and Arsenal are obviously our main competitors in the FA Cup and I reckon both of those will be desperate to win it to salvage their season come March/April.

I'm not overly confident we'll get past Inter Milan in the Champions League and, even if we do, I think Barca are the favourites to win it.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Lets hope we didnt jinx them with this thread:p

At this moment we at in good position in all front but personally i have that little bit of faith we can retain the champions league as well as the league and if we are really very lucky we could have win the treble too. All this was because its the 100th Sir Matt Busby birthday this year and utd normally win it big on special occasions :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts