Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he moved to city?
how come there isn't much news on that transfer?
how much did he leave for?
player with immense potential.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
his head is way too big for his body, he looks like a south park character running around.
still a class act, will do well with city and should get back to his best.
good player to watch aswell:)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
The England winger had moved to quell speculation that he would be joining his former club earlier in the week, but with Robinho's arrival at Stamford Bridge imminent, the 26-year-old has decided to move on.

The Eastlands darling underwent a medical this morning at the club and has put pen-to-paper on a four-year deal. The transfer fee involved will remain undisclosed.

Wright-Phillips left Manchester City for Chelsea three years ago for a fee of £23million, but was quite clearly ecstatic to have returned to his old stomping ground. He told the club's official website: "Obviously I'm delighted to come back to City and I just can't wait to get started again."

Citizens' manager Mark Hughes was equally made-up at having secured the services of the diminutive wide-man, and hailed the capture as a 'major coup' for the club.

He said: "I've always admired him and he's certainly been a target of mine since I came to the football club.
"To actually secure the deal and bring Shaun back home is a fantastic coup for us and I'm sure the supporters will be just as excited as we are to have him back at Manchester City."

Wright-Phillips will be formally unveiled tomorrow at a press conference at the City of Manchester Stadium.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Never made it with Cheski but back to city
and two goals on his debut show he still has
loads to offer.
Best bit of business city ever did.
Sell a player for 23mill and buy him back for

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
RedMurph7 said:
Never made it with Cheski but back to city
and two goals on his debut show he still has
loads to offer.
Best bit of business city ever did.
Sell a player for 23mill and buy him back for
I know yeh lol.
Thats Chelsea for ya though, chucking the money away. Same with Duff,
bought him for nearly 20 and sold him for just 5?

SWP is a very good player. He is a confidence player and the only way he gets
that is by playing week in week out, which he will get at CIty. Great bit of
business by Sparky. They are looking pretty good.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
he has the potential to be as good as his dad was . chelsea chewed him up and spat him out . he will be england regular again soon

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Scored two goals on his city debut (well second city debut i suppose). One of the them was an absolute corker :D

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
he is a cracking little player, i dont think he was given a fair chance at chavski.
he will be flying after that debut, i reckon he will have a big impact this season.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
as do i keane fella, i can see him being in the england squad again in the not so distant future. Anyone who's learnt something from ian wright is gonna be good (except his brother bradley that is) lol :)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Ian Wright said this summer that it was time for Shaun to move on and he was absolutely right. A player of his ability should be starting every game.

There are not many players, who have the pace and skills with the ball as SWP has and he should have the chance to display it week-in, week-out.

In a perfect world, I would like to have a player of his ability at Man Utd.

He would be challenging for places and in Ronaldo's absence and would be a very able deputee. Certainly better than any alternative we have - save playing Nani on the right.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
match against sunderland proved that chelski are the most stupid team i've ever seen.... letting him go was the most stupid thing.. he proved that he is great and because of chelsea didnt want him to be in the first team selection.. he proved himself at man city and that was great!

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
his head is way too big for his body, he looks like a south park character running around.
still a class act, will do well with city and should get back to his best.
good player to watch aswell:)

he's a cracking little player,i like him,never got a real chance at chelsea...and might get back to his old self now..got two today,so good luck to him...:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts