Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blackburn fans have been dealt a blow with the news that club legend Alan Shearer has ruled himself out of the race to be the next manager.

Shearer was the fans' choice to take over at Ewood Park following Mark Hughes' departure to Manchester City.

But Shearer - who has openly spoken of his desire to go into management one day - has 'politely declined' the opportunity to go on the shortlist for the post.

Working as a pundit for the BBC at the Euro finals, he said on Wednesday: "The situation was, and is, that I was very flattered to have got a call from the chief executive, John Williams, at Blackburn.

"He asked me if I would like to be included on a shortlist for the manager's job, which I politely declined because of the commitments that I have, namely this one.

"I was very flattered to have been asked and I thank him for that.

"He has made two great decisions in his last two decisions for the managers, and I am sure he will go on and make a third one, and I wish him good luck."

Sam Allardyce, Paul Ince and Steve McClaren have also been linked to the post.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3678964,00.html

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
wy does he think he's above these jobs? he goes on about how he wants to be a manager, then he turns down newcastle, (fair enough, maybe too big of a job for your 1st) but then he snubs blackburn because he's too busy talking rubbish for the bbc ... beats me

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Luckily for Blackburn.....
Shearer is an expletives deleted, BIG STYLE!!!!

I like Blackburn since Sparky was there so I hope they get a good manager
and start challenging those pesky Scousers for 4th spot :)

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
paul ince would make a good choice for blackburn , he saved one club from certain relegation then gets next promoted . only reason not to would be racial predjudice

about time a black manager was given a chance at top level

Z

·
0 Posts
I think Alan (Mary Poppins) Shearer
would be an awful choice to manage
a Premiership team.

He has absolutely no experience of
management and hasn't played football
for years so may not be familiar with
new coaching practices and techniques.

Then you have his temperament. He's
one of the most placid men in football
and if your team was losing at half time
you wouldn't want him to be the one to
rollock the players and turn the game around.

He should stick to talking crap with the rest
of the nuggets on Match of the Day.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Drew9 said:
wy does he think he's above these jobs? he goes on about how he wants to be a manager, then he turns down newcastle, (fair enough, maybe too big of a job for your 1st) but then he snubs blackburn because he's too busy talking rubbish for the bbc ... beats me
He said he's not ready to manage a club yet ?.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
haggler said:
paul ince would make a good choice for blackburn , he saved one club from certain relegation then gets next promoted . only reason not to would be racial predjudice

about time a black manager was given a chance at top level
Good call haggler , i was just saying to mate down the pub last night if incy keeps doing well in management like he is , it will be perfect timing for him to succeed fergie.
My mate thought i had lost the plot , but i think what he has done so far been superb.
I think he is the most underated manager in england

Why do people think shearer will make a top manager , he is full of s##t on match of the day and does not have any decent input as a panelist , not to mention his voice seems to whine and sounds boring ( by the way i cant stand the spineless idiot)

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Drew9 said:
come on, im no shearer fan but i can completly understand why he aint taken these jobs. because he believes the jobs are above him. for someone that has never managed a football club its a big jump going straight into the premier league with clubs that want to move forward with high ambitions

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
His got to get some experience before he just jumps into the EPL imo but if an offer from a club like Blackburn came he should of took it!! Its an excellent club to manage and if he really wants to manage a club one day he should of with Blackburn...would be interesting to see him manage like Roy Keane

1 - 11 of 11 Posts