Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alan Shearer is reportedly set to turn down any approach from Newcastle to become their next manager, and former Magpies chairman Freddy Shepherd admits he would be shocked if the legendary goalscorer took up the post.
Kevin Keegan was finally forced out of St James' Park on Thursday, choosing to resign after being undermined by Mike Ashley's transfer policy.
Gus Poyet and Dennis Wise have emerged as early favourites to take over, although the term ‘favourite' is the last word Magpies fans would use to describe Wise.
The only man who can be mentioned in the same breath as Keegan is record goalscorer Shearer, who previously ruled himself out of the running back when King Kev was appointed.
Shepherd believes The Magpies will get the same response again, should they come knocking.
“I'd be very surprised if Alan Shearer took the job,†Shepherd told The Daily Mail.
“I just think he wants to give it a bit longer before he goes into management.â€
As for Keegan's departure, Shepherd understands the fans' frustrations, insisting Keegan is a brilliant manager if he is allowed to do things his way.
“When I was there with Kevin we had a simple strategy. Kevin identified the players and we tried to get the money to buy them.
“I don't know what's happening with Mike's structure, whether it's fallen apart, but I worked with Kevn for five years and he was fantastic.â€

·
Registered
809 Posts
i lol at alot of teachers :D- stupid geordies coming to work in sunderland obviously gonna get stick

itd be interesting to see shearer try. only i hope he does terribly if he does take the job

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
If Shearer truely loved the club he'd take the job if he was asked. No one turns down something they really love that much.

Shearer will wait for the job when it's rosey and he can be successful easier.

Shearer is nothing special and the toon fans clutch at straws when they think of him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts