Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3572378,00.html

Not content with getting rid of their best manager for years, Thaksin Shinawatra has reportedly put the entire Manchester City squad up for sale.

Despite having to undergo the humiliation of representing his boss on a tour to Thailand, Sven Goran Eriksson is expected to be sacked in the coming weeks, and now The Daily Express reports that Shinawatra is so unhappy with City's performances this season that he wants a wholesale clear-out at Eastlands.

The paper claims that Shinawatra wants rid of every player on City's books - including star performers and huge assets Micah Richards, Michael Johnson and Joe Hart.

Shinawatra has reportedly sent a letter to each member of the City sqaud expressing his feelings, and wants to start next season with a whole new squad to go with his new manager.

According to The Express, the latest shambolic developments have prompted a distraught City chairman John Wardle to apologise to the squad for selling the club to Shinawatra in the first place.

The former Thai prime minister won't be short of interested parties for his players. Richard Dunne is expected to move to Newcastle for around £5million, while Liverpool and Arsenal are thought to be interested in Johnson, while Hart is reportedly a target for Tottenham.

Richards would most likely command the highest fee, with Chelsea and Manchester United both apparently interested.

- Altogether Now: A hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah .... *pause for breath* ahahahahahahahahahahahah.
It warms the ****les of my heart. If any of this is true, it would really be mind-boggling. Thanksin did a great job of making Thailand what she is now. Ask anybody who has been to Thailand and Bangkok in particular, but this is simply crazy. Football players are not machines and buying the best doesn't guarantee results.

Anyway, what do I care/ Here Micah, Micah! Here Micah, Micah!

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
IF this is TRUE... if someone asked me 6 months ago what I thought of Shinawatra I would have said I love anyone who provides more depth to the Premiership.

Fast forward half a year & I truly can't understand how people like him & Abramovich become so rich and powerful. Does he even understand football? :mad:

Seriously he seems to have the impatience of a 5 year old. Doesn't he understand nobody get's instant success? I give up.

·
23,699 Posts
Manchester City squad not up for sale says Thaksin

Reuters
49 minutes ago

BANGKOK, May 16 (Reuters) - Manchester City's controversial owner Thaksin Shinawatra on Friday rejected media reports claiming he had put his entire squad up for sale for under-performing last season.

“There is absolutely no truth to this story or any of the allegations,†Thaksin said in a statement. “I appreciate the progress and performance of the whole squad, managed by Sven-Goran Eriksson, this season.â€

The ousted former Thai prime minister also rebuffed British newspaper reports that deputy chairman John Wardle had sent a letter to players apologising for allowing the club to be sold.

Thaksin bought the club for 81 million pounds ($157.6 million) last year while living in exile after the Thai military ousted him in a coup.

He is yet to reveal whether Eriksson will remain as manager next season, insisting the club is undergoing a complete review.

The billionaire tycoon is reported to be unhappy with Eriksson and his team's performance, even though they met his target of a top 10 Premier League finish.

Reports that Eriksson will be sacked have angered City fans, many of whom have questioned Thaksin's knowledge of soccer and his running of the club.

Thaksin and Eriksson met briefly at a sponsors' dinner in Bangkok on Thursday. They shook hands and posed for photographs before dining at different tables and leaving separately.

City are in Bangkok to play a Thai all-stars team. They travel to Hong Kong next week for a match with a South China XI.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I hope the first story is true.

But whether it is or not, Shinawatra was obviously going to come out and say that the story is a load of rubbish.

But we should still go for Micah Richards whether hes up for sale or not. Hes going to be World Class and would be the perfect player for us.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
versa said:
Reuters
49 minutes ago

BANGKOK, May 16 (Reuters) - Manchester City's controversial owner Thaksin Shinawatra on Friday rejected media reports claiming he had put his entire squad up for sale for under-performing last season.

“There is absolutely no truth to this story or any of the allegations,†Thaksin said in a statement. “I appreciate the progress and performance of the whole squad, managed by Sven-Goran Eriksson, this season.â€

You're such a party pooper!!!

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

·
Registered
566 Posts
if its true, it will be the downfall for the other half of manchester!
ahhahahahahahahahaa
cant believe my eyes when i read it!

·
23,699 Posts
RedForceRising said:
You're such a party pooper!!!

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
No jeering at your countryman please. ;)

Besides, I saw it so I could not help it. :D

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts