Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having seen danny guthrie chopping down craig fagan today i was sickened by the sheer ferocity in the tackle, i thought he deliberately went in to break his leg, guthries initial lunge was bad enough but to follow through the way he did was despicable to put it mildly.

guthrie is sure to get a lenghty ban, what do you think is acceptable punishment for this sort of play which is so deliberately dangerous.

sorry i didnt post a link i dont know how......

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
surprisingly he walked away from it, he just got straight up and there was a bit of a scuffle but nothing major, as guthrie got to the touchline he applauded the crowd, what a toerag.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
was a awful challange (if you can call it that) and was totally uncalled for

it was clear the lad was well in over his head, hes a young fella he was playing within a very heated up atmosphear with all the troubles at newcastle

but he was lucky he didnt injure fagan cause that was a carrer ending tackle and i think there will be a heathy ban for the boy

i hope he can mature and grow up and stop taking lessons of joey barton

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
thekeanefella, you're idol is Roy Keane right, I am guessing from your name and your sig? I am yet to see the tackle in question, but i just find it iron that you're making a thread about this when Keane took out Haaland and meant to do it. You're talking about career ending challenges being despicable and sickening. 2+2 doesn't = 3 mate!

Btw i'm not trying to start a fight or anything, i just find that ironic!

Disclaimer
Keane = Legend

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
RichardsReds said:
thekeanefella, you're idol is Roy Keane right, I am guessing from your name and your sig? I am yet to see the tackle in question, but i just find it iron that you're making a thread about this when Keane took out Haaland and meant to do it. You're talking about career ending challenges being despicable and sickening. 2+2 doesn't = 3 mate!

Disclaimer
Keane = Legend

you do have a point there mate, you should see the tackle though see how it compares with the keane tackle

although the tackle today was pretty bad there was no attempt to play the ball just cause harm really

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
that was probably the worst foul ive seen in the last 20 years . eduardo et al were just badly timed . guthrie already kicked him just before then just hoofed into him . he needs a 12 match ban for that atrocious attack

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
thanks god fagan didn't get injured cuz that tackle was immense
plus he is my sub striker in the Fantasy League so missing him would be too bad

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
I aggree boys, when i see it on MOTD i was up in aww...it was disgusting.
He actuali failed with his first tackle then pretty much BOOTED him in the shin 2 seconds after....3 match ban for that kind of stuff

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RichardsReds said:

Disclaimer
Keane = Legend
fair point.
but you seem to forget keane and haaland had a bit of history, there was a reason for keanes attack, for which i cant condone. but still find it a little funny.
guthrie has no gripe with fagan, he just lamped him for no apparent reason.

its shocking to see a young lad be so vicious on the pitch.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hull forward Craig Fagan is facing up to three months out after suffering a broken leg in a challenge by Newcastle's Danny Guthrie.

The young Magpies midfielder brought down the Tigers man in the closing stages of Saturday's 2-1 defeat at St James' Park with a scything challenge.

Guthrie was shown an immediate red card by referee Andre Marriner while Fagan, who picked himself up after the challenge and played on for the final few seconds, left the ground on crutches.

The former Derby man was sent for X-rays on Monday morning after his leg swelled up on Sunday, and it was confirmed that he had suffered a fracture to his right tibia.

KC Stadium boss Phil Brown, who will now be without Fagan for between six weeks and three months, has launched a scathing attack on Guthrie for letting his frustration boil over.

Horrible
Brown told the Hull Daily Mail: "It cannot be tolerated, it needs to be kicked out of the game.

"When you see that the end product is him putting a fellow pro in a cast, it's just not right.

"That's the horrible side of the game. I don't care what is going on at Newcastle, you cannot tolerate this.

"If I go back to the incident, my players were killing time in the corner, something that every Premier League club does, no matter who you are.

"In the process of doing that, someone has decided to take the matter into his own hands and lashed out at Craig Fagan."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4150100,00.html

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
^^Yeah I heard he broke his leg. Shocking stuff and potentially career threatening.
Still havent seen the video (link above doesnt work) but Im not sure I want to now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts