Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we please stop this embarrasing shout everytime Scholes/Carrick/Rooney or anyone gets the ball outside the box. Started in the pre-season friendlies and has just continued as the season progressed.

It must surely put the players off when they hear this and i think Rooney had a shot as a result of the shout when he was clearly not in a good enough position.

I know i post quite a bit bout fans not contributing but if you are at least contribute with something a bit more constructive that just shoot everytime one of the big hitters get the ball.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Lol. There was a guy sat behind me who kept shouting 'Shoot' whenever Anderson got the ball around the opposition penalty area. I think some of the fans are just desperate to see him get his first goal.

Most of the time the fans shout it out when the angle or distance is just not right but on occasion I think it encourages the player to have a pop and it can work out for the best - Michael Carrick against West Ham at Old Trafford last season for example.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I agree.

Its getting ridiculous really, and the "shoot" shouting even started when VDS received the ball on the halfway line late on during the Sunderland game.

I think we need to be shooting more, being honest, but shouting shoot is just a bit ridiculous.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
antdevil78 said:
It must surely put the players off when they hear this and i think Rooney had a
shot as a result of the shout when he was clearly not in a good enough position.
Thats a good point. I think it could put the players off. I know it does when I play.
And the worst thing is, is that when they DO actually shoot from distance and
ballon the ball into row z, then the crowd start groaning :rolleyes:

I can see why you have been having a dig at the home fans recently Ant.
It really is shocking and embarrasing, but what can be done to save the situation now?:confused:

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
It is quite a stupid shout most of the time...I remember hearing OT all
go "Shoooooooot" and not at Scholes, not Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, Anderson
etc...no.........instead, it was our lanky dutchman between the sticks during the
Sunderland game, when they were penned in, VDS was at the half way line at
one stage retreving the ball and a chorus of shoot desends on him. And suppose
he does, it will more then likely screw miles wide, and then people will
moan! :rolleyes:...

...I must say though it does sound pretty good at times...and Scholsey has a
knack of winding us up, and then dinking the ball in, or dummying etc.... lol

Good thread

Edit:

manutd004 said:
when VDS received the ball on the halfway line late on during the Sunderland game.
Woops! Been said! :p:eek:...

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Have you ever been to a non-league game ant?

It's like every single fan is on the coaching staff!

'Shoot!'
'Get a tackle in!'
'Clear it!'
'Keep it on the floor!'

I really don't mind it tbh. The players should be able to think for themselves and, though on occasion it may encourage them to do things they shouldn't, more often than not they'll ignore the crowd and just do whatever they were going to do anyway.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
its proven that we can't walk the ball into the net ,so if the players get a sight of goal within a 25 yard range they SHOULD be taking a shot at the target . but instead of taking power blasters they should try to make the keeper work and get them on target , if we don't shoot we won't score a lot will we.
the sad thing is the crowd has got to tell them what to do .

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
reddwarf said:
I think some of the fans are just desperate to see him get his first goal.
Honestly, I'm guilty of that :eek: pretty much every time he isn't closed down I yell for him to shoot, I suppose its good that I'm thousands of miles away though.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
piazza said:
Honestly, I'm guilty of that :eek: pretty much every time he isn't closed down I yell for him to shoot, I suppose its good that I'm thousands of miles away though.
Ya that is pretty good. :p

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
I can see why fans are saying it at times as we seem to be attempting to walk the ball in some times .

But as you are rightly saying it puts the players off so I agree it must stop !!

·
Registered
83 Posts
manutd004 said:
I agree.

Its getting ridiculous really, and the "shoot" shouting even started when VDS received the ball on the halfway line late on during the Sunderland game.

I think we need to be shooting more, being honest, but shouting shoot is just a bit ridiculous.

Surely this is just irony and most fans do not want VDS to shoot from his own half, how you could think the shouts were serious?!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
When the fans were shouting shoot at VDS it was just for a laugh!!! Jeez!!

Seriously loads of football crowds shout shoot every now and again, a lot of the time its just for a laugh. Either when they are desperate for a goal, leading by 2 or 3, or just when a player has the ball in open space and is miles from the goal. Players can deal with the crowd shouting shoot for goodness sake!!

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Shoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot

·
Registered
542 Posts
we cannot shoot all the damn time and get many more shots and less goals

i love watching united pass the ball in teh the net, much more attractive

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
giorgio1712 said:
Surely this is just irony and most fans do not want VDS to shoot from his own half, how you could think the shouts were serious?!!
I don't think the shouts were serious.

If we were winning the game, I would see the funny side. But we weren't.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
gibby17 said:
When the fans were shouting shoot at VDS it was just for a laugh!!! Jeez!!

Seriously loads of football crowds shout shoot every now and again, a lot of the time its just for a laugh. Either when they are desperate for a goal, leading by 2 or 3, or just when a player has the ball in open space and is miles from the goal. Players can deal with the crowd shouting shoot for goodness sake!!
every now and then is ok but week in week out is ridiculous.

the fan base united have now is so much worse than the fan base we have pre-Premier League.

Cant sing cos they only know 2/3 songs, wont sing cos they take the theatre of dreams to its literal meaning, leave early to avoid the traffic or to get a nice front spot at the queue to the megastore for their 'official merchandise'.

If any of these are you, you are embarrassing our club by calling yourself a united supporter and we dont require fans like you or your money. If that meant limited success then so be it. What good is success if you cant get into the ground for camera-flashing, haribo-scoffing glory-hunters who just here to gorge themselves on us winning and winning well and dont give a damn bout our club and its history.

Suprisingly Manchester United was not formed in 1992.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
when I play I hate it when somebody yells at me to shoot, but surely these professionals need to get used to it without it bothering them.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts