Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arthur C Clarke died last month. A fantastic visionary and Sci Fi writer. He "invented" the geostationary satellite back in the 1940s. Here is a short story written by him. I am sure Carly will like this one:

God said, "Delete lines 1 to infinity", and the Universe ceased to exist. After a few eons God thought about it and she said, "Delete Program" and the Universe never existed.

Z

·
0 Posts
Red Devil said:
Arthur C Clarke died last month. A fantastic visionary and Sci Fi writer. He "invented" the geostationary satellite back in the 1940s. Here is a short story written by him. I am sure Carly will like this one:

God said, "Delete lines 1 to infinity", and the Universe ceased to exist. After a few eons God thought about it and she said, "Delete Program" and the Universe never existed.
I suppose the most worrying thing about this quote is that God is a woman. :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Red Devil said:

red d this is a insperational bit of info mate i loved it

·
23,699 Posts
There is freedom of speech, opinions and action but there are consequences to your speech and action too that you have to bear. What you sow is what you reap.

For your own good only, not mine, stop the silly jokes about God, in a veiled disguise to mock His existence or reality. He will not allow His Name to be scorned or ridiculed.

Just a personal concerned warning. I will say no more or again,

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I don't really understand this but is he saying that without computers the universe wouldn't exist or something along those lines?

*shakes head if so*

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
versa said:
There is freedom of speech, opinions and action but there are consequences to your speech and action too that you have to bear. What you sow is what you reap.

For your own good only, not mine, stop the silly jokes about God, in a veiled disguise to mock His existence or reality. He will not allow His Name to be scorned or ridiculed.

Just a personal concerned warning. I will say no more or again,
Is that aimed at me?

K4:
I don't really understand this but is he saying that without computers the universe wouldn't exist or something along those lines?
You know, sometimes I really do not understand you. you come across as highly intelligent and thoughtful, then come up with that!

What he is saying is a story, a made up, very short, very clever, story.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Red Devil said:
You know, sometimes I really do not understand you. you come across as highly intelligent and thoughtful, then come up with that!

What he is saying is a story, a made up, very short, very clever, story.
Is it to do with computers or something or just saying God as a woman is better?

I honestly don't understand the language. I'm only a wee lad from the West of Ireland, I'm not up to date with all that PC lingo etc. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its a scientific joke.

1. God is a programmer
2. God is a woman - (I mean Come on!!!) ;)
3. We are all a program in a computer
4. God decides to end program
5. God then decides to delete program

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Red Devil said:
Its a scientific joke.

1. God is a programmer
2. God is a woman - (I mean Come on!!!) ;)
3. We are all a program in a computer
4. God decides to end program
5. God then decides to delete program
Oh right, linking computers to God is it now :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts