Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
no why should they just be put into the premiership if they were move to England should be put in the conference not fair on the other teams in the lower divisions

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think it would be a bad move for them.
They wouldn't be as successful and they
would probably not get a champions league spot.

Keep it the way it is. :)

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
would end up in championship.

not being able to play every team 4 times would do them in.

it would be bit embarrasing for them. let them screw their own league up. no-one really cares

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I would say no, but then it brings up the issue of Cardiff City. They could get
promoted and they are Welsh........ Thoughts about that anyone?

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
ive never thought they should be aloud in the english leagues but it would be intresting to see them partake in the carling cup or have a inter league cup, dont know why i just think it would be intresting to see

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
why celtic and rangers alone :confused:
if such a move will be done
all scotch teams will be moved to the epl
and so you end up one of the oldest leagues (scotch league)

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
If they came then it would turn the SPL in to a meaningless league. I mean say if Aberdeen won the league they wouldn't feel half as happy because they know they can't call themselves the best team in Scotland.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
I don't think the SFA would let it happen, they are more or less the SPL. Without them, a lot of the glamour is gone and intrest from other countries would go down.

And why would a club like Celtic want to go from Winning the League most seasons and getting to the knockout phases in Europe to struggling in the Prem(maybe even the championship!) with no Europe or anything.

Won't ever happen.

Z

·
0 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
I would say no, but then it brings up the issue of Cardiff City. They could get
promoted and they are Welsh........ Thoughts about that anyone?
Cardiff have been in the football league for the best part of 100 years and have
worked their way up the leagues gradually. It wouldn't be fair to allow Rangers and
Celtic straight into the Premiership and it's not practical anyway.

Do we then have 22 teams and an extra four matches in an already congested
season? Or do we relegate five teams in one season to accomodate the two
newcomers and cascade that process down through every league?

Either way, its impractical and I'm fairly sure the 20 clubs in the premiership would
vote against it.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Rangers would probably get relegated. Celtic would be a 7th place team. Seems pointless to me. Not to mention, Scotland would just fall apart, and their first place team would get an automatic bid into the CL group stage, and if Celtic struggled to make it to the last 16, can you imagine how bad Kilmarnock would get beaten?

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I think that Celtic and Rangers are easily good enough to play in the EPL. I DON'T think they should be allowed to move, though.

It wouldn't be fair to anybody. That said, keep in mind Celtic did beat Milan last year, 2 - 1 at Parkhead. They've got good attacking options.

Scott McDonald, Nakamura, Jan Johannes Vennegoor of Hesselink (POSSIBLY THE GREATEST NAME FOR A FOOTBALLER EVER).

They're all good players. Samaras is pretty decent too. There's no need to mention Artur Boruc. Everybody knows how good he is.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
celtic and rangers would struggle in the championship,i know they can perform against utd or liverpool for instance but the sheer number of competetive games they would face would destroy them.due simply to the lack of competition in scotland, and crowd trouble would escelate ,its just not worth the bother.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What's the difference between Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham being in the football league, and Celtic and Rangers being in the Premiership? I think it'd be good for football, and good for Celtic and Rangers in that they'll be able to raise more money.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
If Celtic and Rangers want to join the English Premier League perhaps they should start negotiating a swap deal with Arsenal and Liverpool.

Celtic and Rangers only want to make the move because of the money and they'd have a chance at finishing 3rd and 4th so could still qualify for the Champs League.

Arsenal and Liverpool would still easily qualify for the Champions League and would actually have a chance of winning the league!!!

Win-win! :D

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
reddwarf said:
If Celtic and Rangers want to join the English Premier League perhaps they should start negotiating a swap deal with Arsenal and Liverpool.

Celtic and Rangers only want to make the move because of the money and they'd have a chance at finishing 3rd and 4th so could still qualify for the Champs League.

Arsenal and Liverpool would still easily qualify for the Champions League and would actually have a chance of winning something!!!

Win-win! :D
screw brian barwick you should be incharge of the FA :p

1 - 20 of 46 Posts