Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could Sir Alex afford to rest some of the big guns tomorrow against Chelsea in a bid to have them fit and raring to go on Tuesday against Barce.

After all, a loss against Chelsea would mean just beat Wigan and West Ham.

A loss to Barce and thats it! Gone, zilch, zero, nada!

And Chelsea have toughies left, Newcastle away and Bolton at home. Drew both
of them games last year!

So what do you think?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
nah, it is the end of the season already. players will want to play in all the remaining games available. rest are given to the players throughout the season so that they can be fit and ready at this period of time, what is the point of resting them now when we are going for both titles.
go all out for the win at chelsea, and make us the undisputed champion!!!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I've been thinking about this and my answer is yes, WHam and Wigan have nothing to play for one is mid table and nowhere near europe and the other is free from the championship for at least another season.

If we were to rest a couple of key players and lose 1-0 it would be worth it especially if we won against Barca.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I think we should play our best players, only minor changes to the team.

I want to win the title at the Bridge, and going into the last 2 games equal on points, no matter how easy they are, is extremely risky.

So yes, play our best team.

Nemanjaaa said:
I've been thinking about this and my answer is yes, WHam and Wigan have nothing to play for one is mid table and nowhere near europe and the other is free from the championship for at least another season.

If we were to rest a couple of key players and lose 1-0 it would be worth it especially if we won against Barca.
Just because they have nothing to play for, doesn't mean they won't beat us.

The sports section of the Sky Magazine that you get through the post had a feature on teams who have nothing to play for coming up trumps.

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm.......

....Barce are resting their players so should we not give Ronaldo, Scholes, Evra a rest?

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Keano! said:
Hmm.......

....Barce are resting their players so should we not give Ronaldo, Scholes, Evra a rest?
Barca are 10 points behind in their League. Real Madrid can win the title this weekend, so they can afford too.

We're going for the Title so we can't.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I'll just copy what I posted in another thread because it is releveant here...

Well a loss on Saturday really just makes it bad after having such an awsome season, comming form behind to Arsenal and then just to bottle it...West Ham are a boogy team so if people think oh yeah we only got West Ham at home we will win it 100% - you are thinking very wrong and that game is right after a midweek Barca game whereas West Ham will have a full weeks rest...they did the double over us last season and has beaten us 2-1 already this season so leaving it for a win vs West Ham and Wigan would be equally tough and also remember Wigan did draw at Stamford Bridge so anything is possible when we go to JJB Stadium...I say we should go with a very strong team and go their for a win and rap up the title and then just concentrate on the CL

Many players have said that Fergie's main ambition is the CL and the EPL is 2nd priority and maybe that is why he came out and said its more important to win on Tuesday...maybe because we won the EPL last season it isn't so much of a priority but I think we should for for both and both should be no1 priority because that is how great sides are remeberd - having both domestic and european success.

·
Registered
854 Posts
yeah i agree. i tink we should rest players for Tuesday. I'd be tempted not to play rooney, he looks wrecked an unfit. i tink well win the league no matter what the result tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I say play the best team we can. Unless its risking an injury to someone.

We could send out a very good team and more or less win the prem, or send out a weakened team and make it go down to the last 2 games which are by no mean easy wins.

I know what id rather.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
No,I would'nt rest any big name players for the Chelsea match.Let them gain confidence from the match if we win and unleash a wave of torment against Barca at OT

1 - 11 of 11 Posts