Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's something I've often pondered about since Phil Neville left the club, should the kit man, just put 'Neville' on Gary Neville's shirt this season? Because I think it's pointless to have the letter 'G' on his shirt, what do you guys think?

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
GeordieMancunian said:

On his Everton shirt, Nope.
I didn't think so. I was going to say that if Phil did, then maybe Gary kept the "G." as an homage to his brother.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
piazza said:
I didn't think so. I was going to say that if Phil did, then maybe Gary kept the "G." as an homage to his brother.
If that was the case he would of had "P.Neville - my brother and friend" and G.Neville on his shirt, just like the shirt that the Chelsea players made about Frank Lampard's mother "R.I.P Pat Lampard."

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
GeordieMancunian said:

If that was the case he would of had "P.Neville - my brother and friend" and G.Neville on his shirt, just like the shirt that the Chelsea players made about Frank Lampard's mother "R.I.P Pat Lampard."
I don't think your brother switching clubs quite compares to one's mother dying. Maybe I'm alone on that one?

·
Registered
573 Posts
if you was to buy areplica united shirt with Nevll and number 2 on the back would you get G.Neville or just Neville?

i would prob get whatever he as on his shirt at the time, but i think it looks better WITH the G as its always been there

·
Registered
590 Posts
Damian said:
if you was to buy areplica united shirt with Nevll and number 2 on the back would you get G.Neville or just Neville?

i would prob get whatever he as on his shirt at the time, but i think it looks better WITH the G as its always been there
When I bought the 2006/2007 home shirt I got Gary's name on the back. It wasn't until I got home I looked at the back and thought 'Oh pants does he still use the G' :eek:

Turns out he has used it ever since so thigs were ok. So when I had him on my shirt they printed the G and that was at the megastore. Having said that it was in August 2006.

I've seen quite a few people with just 'Neville' on their shirt and it doesn't look right in my opinion. Gary has had the 'G.Neville' on his shirt for over ten years now so I can't see him wanting to change it now.

·
Registered
133 Posts
G means that even if he is 33.5 years he still finds the G spot of every attacker who wants to pass him and score!!!! :d:d:d

i support G.NEVILLE FOR A LIFE!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts