Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we all know what Giggsy has achieved overthe years but he has NEVER won Player Of The Year :eek: How this is possible is shocking.I know there are so many great players in EPL over the last few years but surely Giggsy should go (i know he has ANOTHER season yet) with at least 1 POTY award.Look how he has transformed,from the back end of last season we all had niggles thinking hmm maybe he should call it a day,hes lost a yard n half of pace ect,slow not the same.Since Fergie put him in the more Central role,hes been given a new lease of life and has been instrumental to our team.I for one would slap my vote on him.Im sure a few will argue that due to our clean sheets ect it may be a defender/keeper this year BUT the defense is down to the whole team so to give it to one would be unjust!

Could a mod have a YES/NO poll on this by any chance?

Thanks

Z

·
0 Posts
I think we're getting a bit over excited with Giggs. I can count the number o f great games he's had this season on one hand(maybe two). It's true he's been fantastic in the last few games, but he's not even close to exceeding the lelvels of excellence shown by Vidic in EVERY game.

It is a shame that he's never won a player of the year award, but I don't think we should give him one based solely on sentimentality when there are players that have done much more this season to win it. If he can continue this form until the end of the season then it's a possibility, but at the moment Vidic is head and shoulders above anyone in my opinion.

With regards to a poll, there are still three months of the season left yet so I think it's a bit premature.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
I think it would be amazing if he did win it TBH. Savage after the game yesterday got a bit carried away I think saying he'll win it, an dlike the lads on ITV said, it would be nostalgic for him to win.

But in all honesty, I can't see him winning it, and if he DOES win it, people will think of all the previous season too, which is wrong, it should be based on this season and this season only.

I think he'd say the same thing too

·
Registered
629 Posts
Although he has been really great for us this season I still don't think he has been our best player. Player of the year should be given to ONLY the best player of the year and we can't just give it to Giggs thinking of his past achievements.

If he continues his excellent run he might have a chance but Vidic is the man this season....no doubt about that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Giggs has played well in certain games, Remember the award is called player of the YEAR... The only person for me in the whole of the EPL that deserves the award has to be Vidic.
Giggs has played well in games, Anelka had a great spell for chelsea, Cahill has been good for everton lately
But vidic has just been outstanding.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Man_Utd_Hibees said:
Anelka had a great spell for chelsea
I only really mentioned Anelka because he's the Premier League's top scorer. They tend to get a lot of votes whoever they are.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Anelka:

Watford x3, Southend x1, West Ham x1, Bolton x1, Bordeaux x2, West Brom x2, Blackburn x2, Sunderland x3, Hull x1, Stoke x1, Villa x1, Man City x1, Portsmouth x1.

other than villa,rest all are rubbish defences

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Giggs ******* deserves it and he needs it. His performanes have been AMAZING. People go wild when Messi or Ronaldo beat one or two players but last night, casualy watching the highlights, I saw Giggs take it round 4 derby players then beat 3 more with a beautiful pass. I'd vote for him.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
No.

It would be great if he did, but we can't give it to him being sentimental. Vidic has been outstanding this season, and imho he's quite a bit ahead of anyone for winning it imo. I've been behind Vidic getting it for a while now. The fact that he's a defender might go against him with some, but he should win it.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
eoininho said:
Vidic and Giggs are the only contenders so far no1 else has stood out!
There have been a few players who will come into consideration.
Ireland, Anelka, Gerrard, Cahill, Vidic and hopefully Giggs will be in the reckoning.
I can see Giggs picking up the Players' player of the year award. He deserves it after all he has done.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
too early to call, but right now no one deserves it more than Vidic. if he keeps his form up until the end of the season, it should be an easy choice. would be a crime if he didn't get it.

·
Registered
734 Posts
To be fair Giggs wont get it, Vidic is more deserving then him, if we took Giggs out of the team he can be replaced but Vidic :confused: im not so sure. so i really doubt Giggs will get it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts