Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

With football bringing in alot of cash through success, wages, gate receipts and sponsorships, and the players being paid a lavish amount of money every week, should the FA premier League instigate a wage cap (like in Rugby?) or something along the lines, of if the team wins they get paid, if the team draws they should get half their wages or if the team loses they don't get paid at all?

It seems most players are just motivated about how much they are getting paid, instead of for the love of the game itself.

Should the Premier League scrap every player's wages and agree to a less optimistic wage for football players?

What do you think?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
In theory, yes they should. but if clubs like Milan or Madrid can offer a player
A LOT more than they could get in the PL, then we would start to lose a lot
of great players in the league. People like Ronaldo would be gone in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
In theory, yes they should. but if clubs like Milan or Madrid can offer a player
A LOT more than they could get in the PL, then we would start to lose a lot
of great players in the league. People like Ronaldo would be gone in a heartbeat.
I agree and its more worrying how the big clubs 'signs' children in wierd pre contract age agreements. Some are 13-14. At that age you're still just a child.
Its just child labour, let the kids be children and grow without the hawks watching how their investment developes.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It would not work that well for bringing superstars of the world to the league but eventually would benefit a lot of other teams in winning something. I say between the devil and the deep blue sea.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
It's a good idea but it's like communism. Sound in theory but it fails to take into account human nature.

I.e. Greed. Ambition. Dishonesty. Greed. Agents. Greed. :p

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
It would be a good idea but it may make certain players from other european clubs not want to come to the premier league which in theory isn't good as we all know the epl is the best league in the world. I very much doubt it will happen tho :)

Z

·
0 Posts
I disagree about introducing a salary cap and would disagree
even if every European league wanted it too.

Footballers are the stars that people pay to watch, it's them
bringing in all the money so why shouldn't they get paid handsomely?
Who else do you give it to...the suits?

I'd sooner see it go to a footballer who entertains me on a
weekly basis than some executive who sits in an office.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts