Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the moment eto has been informed he is no longer need at fc barca, we are in need of a deadly finisher and they don;t come much better than eto. This season he has 16 goals in 18 games in what has been a rather disjointed season for him, which is a pretty impressive record. I feel that eto with his combo of skill,pace, power and finishing ability could be the ideal player for united.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
i feel you are right . he is also honest as he could easily have gone down for a pen in cl semis but stayed up . given the service he would get at o/t he would be a hit

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Bad attitude? Possibly. He's had some conflicts with people at Barcelona, but then again we've had conflicts here before, and SAF has dealt with them. I personally think he needs a change of scenery. He's been in Spain since 96, 12 years ago. A change in scenery, to Old Trafford, could quite possibly help him get going again. I say we swap Saha and money for Eto'o. It doesn't hurt that we've already done business with them involving Pique.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Drew9 said:
for 32m no thanks, get Arshavin
becuase he scores so many goals, arshavin plays behind a forward the same as rooney or tevez but doesn't score as many goals. He isn't the kind of player we need to play up front.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
no but if ronnie leaves he could come in a drift from the wings the same way ronnie does, eto'o is a good goal scorer but they want 32m and he is no way worth that imo, i know we need a target man (hence my threads) and having seen united on many occasions last season i realise we need a different option, prime examples were reading 1st game, and pompey in the cup it's just my opinion that it would be paying way over the price for a rich mans louis saha, at first i wanted eto'o but not now, i think there is a shortage of possible targets that would fit the bill for united if im honest, however i believe the most likely candidate is Berbatov :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
lol live in the real world, he's not even been given a work permit yet mate, let alone adapted to the english league and culture, all im saying is 32m is their asking price and that money for Eto'o for me wouldnt be moeny well spent, he's a player that has a lot of injuries and im sure he wouldnt start in our system with Tevez and Rooney being first choice, and the type of person he is he would sulk about that fact, is not disputing he can stick the ball in the net but i think there could b better options, everyone has different opinion though hey :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
nope dont think we should go 4 him he seems to hav an attitude problem i would go 4 ronaldinho quicker sir alex would sort him out

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
ETO to MAN UTD for 15 millions pound

Eto to man utd for this amount better to have Eto than berbatov and RONALDO staying and what if Eto come with Striker like Tevez and ROONEY Who will stop us from Winning the 18th title even if VILLA go to LFC

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ritesh MU said:
Eto to man utd for this amount better to have Eto than berbatov and RONALDO staying and what if Eto come with Striker like Tevez and ROONEY Who will stop us from Winning the 18th title even if VILLA go to LFC
Eto have seen better days.

·
Registered
129 Posts
As I have said before, we need some one who can finish, a Villa or and Eto'o as we already have Manucho for the holding the ball up and something different off the bench, I am not saying Eto'o would be a good buy but under a good manager he may do well again

Also he got 18 goals in 16 games last year :)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
eto'o will be a good buy..but we could do better.......
like villa or benzema!!!
heard that villa+silva is 35-40mill Pounds!!!
is it true??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Eto'o is a good player but he is egoistic and would definitely clash with Fergie and other opinionated characters in the Manchester United squad.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts