Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Rooney has once again let England down on the world stage by giving away a penalty to Russia and basically losing England the game, is it about time that we consider selling him (and maybe getting Owen as a replacement?) as I fear it is only a matter of time before he becomes a liability for United.

(Let us not forget his crazy antics against Ronnie / Portugal in the world cup).

Constructive comments welcom please.

Regards

StellaArt:confused:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Don't be silly, Rooney will never be a liability for United. He will sweat blood and tears for us, he's only of the only players who never stops running. As far as the England game is concerned, you're only looking for a scapegoat. You should be defending Rooney and not getting on his case, gotta love the support.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
The majority of professionals interviewed by BBC today say it was no penalty - and it was outside the box anyway !!!

So we can take the blame from Rooney for this.

And....

Rooney/Ronnie/Portugal ??

Ancient history - all forgotten now.

So the 2 examples of Rooney being a liability dont really stand up for much sorry.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
No way should we sell Rooney. He is the future of United and will be there for many years to come. People tend to forget that he is still very young and that he and everyone else makes mistakes (red card WC).
I can see why one might be slightly pissed off with him at times. There were times last season when I was very critical of him despite his 23 goals. His effort and determination are never in question but maybe other parts of his game are. But as I said he is still young and can only get better and better. On a whole I think you are going a bit over the top and have written this thread just after England have essentially gotten knocked out of Euro2008. You are just looking for a scapegoat and you seem to be discounting the fact that Rooney scored a peach tonight and that it shouldnt have really been a peno either.
You cant blame the lad for the team losing in fairness.

We all know it was the pitches fault ;-) (sorry couldnt resist)

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
David.Q - they say you can cut off the head of a chicken and it will still keep running.

Carly - I see you choose to have a convenient forgetful memory....yet you choose to recap on the genious work of Ole which happened may years earlier?

Sell Rooney now I say, he is overated in my opinion and has not and will not reach the level at the game that so many pundits prodicted, get goos money for him now...and buy someone we can rely on!

Regards

StellaArt

·
Registered
156 Posts
why would we sell rooney . . . he's one of our best players and he is a goal scorer .. and how many professionals does mistakes like giving penalties away ? it happenes all the time so that is a stupid thing to think in my opinion

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
StellaArt said:
Carly - I see you choose to have a convenient forgetful memory....yet you choose to recap on the genious work of Ole which happened may years earlier?
I chose to remember the 10 years of Ole's life he gives to Manchester United and the many 100s of wonderful memories he leaves us with.

But a 5 second lapse by Rooney and a red card doesn't need parading around everywhere for evermore does it ?

The whole of England have forgiven Rooney and Ronaldo for this events happening - your the only person I have ever heard drag it all up again.

But if this keeps you happy then carry on.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Is this rooney guy who is meant to of let england down tonight the same rooney who scored a cracking volley to put england 1-0 up

Sell rooney? never!!

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Carly.

Listen, if we choose to keep Rooney then of course I hope to be proven wrong.

But in my opinion he is a liability, a time bomb waiting to go off the rails like so many good footballers before him..George Best, Paul Gascoinge, Jimmy Greaves etc etc....do I need to go on?

Let us hope in 5 years you don't cast your mind back and say, oh yeah, that guy StellaArt was correct, we should have sold Rooney.

Regards

StellaArt

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
StellaArt said:
Carly.

But in my opinion he is a liability, a time bomb waiting to go off the rails like so many good footballers before him..George Best, Paul Gascoinge, Jimmy Greaves etc etc....do I need to go on?

Let us hope in 5 years you don't cast your mind back and say, oh yeah, that guy StellaArt was correct, we should have sold Rooney.

Regards

StellaArt
Yes this is your opinion and I clearly stated mine which you have read.

Not much more to be said really is there ?

All these things about me facing truth or whatever is irrelevant as this is about Rooney not me.....

·
Registered
788 Posts
Rooney is the furture of this club, He is one of the best young players on the planet. I for one im happy as larry he is in our team! Selling Rooney is a joke, Why???? He does everything for United, he plays with some much heart and that is something you dont see in many players. I cant imagine Rooney at another club, Any team in the world would do anything to have a player like Rooney in their side. Stella seriously WTF are you smoking. When is he ever a liability for United??? he never has and never will!!!

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ARBUCKS - for heaven sake sir, please do not be so blinkered!!

1) The goal he scored was offside.
2) He contributed in no other way shap or form in the England game apart from giving away a penalty.

Great eh?

Regards

StellaArt

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
StellaArt said:
Carly.

Regards

StellaArt

lol ah come on Stella. For starters why are you directing all your posts to Carly, there are others here too........
Secondly- how on earth can you call Best, Gazza and Greaves liabilities. They were 3 of the best footballers of their time and would walk into most teams now. Yes they had problems but thats a different issue completely. They still had great careers.
If you think Rooney is a time bomb, so what!!!! Just look at Roy Keane, Cantona and Zidane. These guys are legends who frequently got sent off for violent behaviour. That made them the characters they were. It doesnt bother me that Rooney stamped on Carvalhos nuts...........

ps-Your 2nd point to Arbucks makes absolutely no sense. You seem to be forgetting the goal ge scored.

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jazz16

First of all violence is never the answer and secondly I am not only responding to Carly if you choose to check.

You choose to forget his incidents with ladies of the night a few years back?

Regards

StellaArt

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
StellaArt said:
After Rooney has once again let England down on the world stage by giving away a penalty to Russia and basically losing England the game, is it about time that we consider selling him (and maybe getting Owen as a replacement?) as I fear it is only a matter of time before he becomes a liability for United.

(Let us not forget his crazy antics against Ronnie / Portugal in the world cup).

Constructive comments welcom please.

Regards

StellaArt:confused:
So, when did you escape from the nuthouse? Stupid thread. The penalty was not even a penalty. It was outside the box, the linesman thought it was alright and the ref, using bino's, gave the spot kick. Its like I always say, it is officials that decide results not players.

·
Registered
788 Posts
StellaArt said:
ARBUCKS - for heaven sake sir, please do not be so blinkered!!

1) The goal he scored was offside.
2) He contributed in no other way shap or form in the England game apart from giving away a penalty.

Great eh?

Regards

StellaArt
One f**king game, i didnt f**king mention anything to do with England!!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.