Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
i agree.
Carrick is still very under rated for my liking, when he's had an ok/bad game everyone notices, when hes had a cracker (often this season)not enough people have noted it.

Hargo will be like a new signing a new player:D
Well lets hope so, because apparently its touch and go whether he returns the full fitness again. But if he does I'm fully with you and I think he'll be a breath of fresh air in our midfield.

If he does I also think him and Carrick could make a formidable partnership. With a system that would allow Hargo to cover while Carrick dictates at time from a more advanced position and thread in through balls and generally be creative. Or at other times letting Carrick dicate from the middle while Hargreaves gets box-to-box using his energy.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
not knocking the guys we have as i still have a lot of faith in them and carrick i believe is gr8 and i'm still hoping he can get fit and in the team. main point really is that the old guard are at the end of the careers and the younger guys are still learning, with the eception of hargo think we may need to go and get someone at the very top of their game to bolster the options. unlike prevvious yrs we lack that world class player there while the other have players of that calibre in that position.

if hargo can get fit and carrick progress as he has been then there wouldn't be a problem, but for us at the highest levels thats still two if's.
I'm not going to say whether I agree or disagree with what you're saying. But the thing is, who could we bring in? The world is short of top class midfielders outside the top clubs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.