Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Scholes, Carrick, Hargreaves, Anderson, Fletcher, Giggs, Possebon, Gibson. That's 8 centre midfielders we have at the club and you could possibly argue more with the likes of O'Shea etc being able to play in there.

I think we've got enough quality there that says we don't need to go and spend £25 million plus on a new midfielder. Splashing the cash isn't always the best option, just look at Veron.

Anderson will be a top player for United in my opinion, I can see him being in our midfield for years to come. Carrick is still of a good age and has improved a great deal I think this season. Hargreaves will hopefully be fit next season, and if he can stay fit we have a top class midfielder on our hands there. Scholes won't be around forever but as things stand he's doing a good job. The same goes for Giggsy who is again coming towards the end of his career at United but he can still put in a good shift. Fletch will never let you down and is a good addition to the squad. The jurys still out on Gibson and Possebon but I fancy Possebon out of the two to make more of a go at United.

The only area I could possibly see us wanting to strengthen is an attacking midfielder when Giggs and Scholes decide to call it a day but for now I think we're doing ok.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.