Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having watched several reserve games i have no doubt welbeck has the class to hit the big time running . And as saha is injured again should he be given a place on the bench for me lets give him a go when we have a game won . Let the lad settle and see what it can do .

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
after we are assured premier league victory then yes he should be played..or in a case when we are 3-0 up or something....dont risk him putting him in the big games.....only in the small games....

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
After we beat everyone including Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and wrap up the title than yes we should play all our reserves like Simpson, Pique, Wellbeck, Possebon and so on and rest our first team for the Champions League lol Umm Rooney and Tevez should do just fine even when Saha is out...no need to experiment when we are in such a critical part of the season imo...I would rather play Anderson up front of Ronaldo and use Nani and Park on the wings or even Scholes could play just behind the front man like he did many times before and there is always Giggs

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
abojodeh said:
no fazman no
why not mate wouldnt you rather have the option on the bench rather than not having any strikers on there i can understand peoples view that its risk at this stage of the season but I think it might give us that final push.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
akash_reds said:
after we are assured premier league victory then yes he should be played..or in a case when we are 3-0 up or something....dont risk him putting him in the big games.....only in the small games....
I agree, i wouldn't play him now as every game we play atm is VERY important and must wins. When we are - as akash said - assured the prem he should play :)

And again as Akash said, if he's on the bench and were a couple goals up, i don't see a risk in bringing him on ;)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Hopefully when we rest players if we've won the league by the west ham and wigan games at the end of the season we can give players run outs then, not now too risky, although welbeck looks good.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
i would love for our youngsters to get more chances, i hate to see another case of rossi happening. hope campbell, pique, evans, eagles, simpson have the abilities to challenge for first team duties

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
We could always give him a run out as a sub, if we're in a comfortable postion, or wrap up the league and then give him chance

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
Yes, yes, and yes again!

He deserves his chance! Looking at him in some of the reserves games, and he
really oozes quality!

Hope he gets his deserved chance in the near future!

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Keano! said:
You say that as if we were 4/5-0 up at half time in 3/5 games! lmao.....

Like the optimism! ;)
yeh but keano if the lads magic he'ds ready watch his goal against newcastle reserves on youtube its amazing

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
He should play in the Carling Cup next season and perhaps the early rounds of the FA Cup and if he impresses and settles then he should be brought into the first team.

It would be complete madness bringing him into the first team now, unless their is a mass of injuries.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I've seen him too and his goals have been very especially the one against Newcastle reserves, but he's not ready yet. He needs to work on his dribbling and first touch, but he is a very good prospect.

I fancy another player from the reserves to step up ahead of Wellbeck and that's Rodrigo P.

He might have arrived only in January, but I like him already.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RedForceRising said:
I've seen him too and his goals have been very especially the one against Newcastle reserves, but he's not ready yet. He needs to work on his dribbling and first touch, but he is a very good prospect.

I fancy another player from the reserves to step up ahead of Wellbeck and that's Rodrigo P.

He might have arrived only in January, but I like him already.
yeh looks good mate but midfield is packed out at the moment park aint seen action for 2-3 weeks

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Thx! :) Maybe I suggest ue should PM the moderators of this forum about making a Sticky on 'Manchester United Reserves' thread. We could talk about all the football news revolving around our reserves' squad, the players' statistics, latest video highlights, upcoming games & etc. ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts