Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
give the lad a place on the bench it aint gonna make much difference to our season were flying now and im sure he'd be on a high if he was on the bench

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
red_devils4life said:
Nice vid.

The goals were ace.
Welbecks skill & finish for the 2nd was superb.
Then the teamwork for the 3rd was excellant aswel, if our reserves keep performing like that we've got a great future ahead of us.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
hmmm yeah i agree lets have a sub forum for reserves news, and statistics and everything else. haha

hmmm as for welbeck, its too early now. carling cup games next season would do fine. or maybe a loan to a championship side. he's definitely's not the finished product yet.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
if utd can wrap the league up with games remaining of course they should give some of the young uns a game,and hopefully young welbeck can score if given a game.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I've seen him play a number of times for the reserves and I've no doubt that he's a talented lad but he needs to be introduced into the 1st team slowly.

I know he had some experience of a big crowd in the friendly in Saudi Arabia but there's a massive difference playing in front of 76000 people at Old Trafford than a few hundred, if that, in a reserve game.

With Saha injured I wouldn't mind seeing Welbeck on the bench against Boro if Rooney and Tevez are starting. If we're comfortable he could play the last 15-20 minutes.

He may even make the bench against Roma since we're in such a good position in the tie and if we win the Premier League title before the final game of the season he may even get a chance to start.

I reckon next season we'll see more of him. If we have a Carling Cup run he'll feature and, if not, he'll probably go out on loan. He's a young lad - he has plenty of time to break into the 1st team.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I think he is gonna be in the squad for middlesborough as he didnt get picked for the reserves the other night

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
fazman said:
I think he is gonna be in the squad for middlesborough as he didnt get picked for the reserves the other night
That was because he travelled to Rome with the 1st team

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
red_devils4life said:
he wont get a goal like that against premiership opposition!! good to see young brady get on the field for the reserves!! lets hope he's gonna be the business!!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
At this stage of the season, I wouldn't have thought it's in SAF's plans to include Wellbeck. Every game is a must win and to put that sort of pressure on the lad would be unfair.

SAF definatly rates him highly though, he included him in his squad for the friendly in Saudi Arabia and brought him on as sub. Next season I can see him coming on the pre-season tour and then possibly going on loan for a while to give him some first team experience.

No doubt Danny has potential, but you can't make a career on potential. I hope if/when he get's his chance he takes it with both hands and we are talking about him as the next big thing at United, and not the next young United striker to fall through the system, e.g. Ebanks-Blake, Nardiello, Timm etc.

It's a bit of a strange one but United havn't got a great record at bringing strikers through the ranks. The academy has bought us some great players through the years but never really a top class striker. But as the saying goes, there's a first time for everything.

·
Registered
488 Posts
He will have his chances when SAF think he's up to it... Probably when the title is sercured... We mat see several others new faces on the game...

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
He is in the squad for sunday im expecting him to be on the bench in the near future maybe even tommorow fergie really rates him so why not even if he dont get on its experience of being with the first team.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts