Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think not.

So, the League Cup side for the FA cup match against the Toffees.
The Quadruple is no Quintuple, but still better than Double or Treble :rolleyes:

PS : since when did the League Cup and Club World Cup count? It was always the Premiership, CL
and FA Cup completing the treble :)

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
sorry pal, i don't think you have quite bought into the united mentality.
we go out to win every game. whether we can do it or not is another matter, but being in a position of having two trophies sealed, and in a good position for three more, gives us every reason to go for it.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
What the **** is this thread about ?

Of course we should still be on for the quintuple ! We only have 3 left to win.
1.Premiership - Still very possible

2.Fa CUP- Would be surprised if we don't beat Everton in the semis and then we have a great chance up against Chelski or Arsenal

European Cup- Quarter finals will be tricky with the second leg in Portugal, but I think we'll scrape through. Would be confident against either Villareal or Arsenal then ...

Anyting is possible

BELIEVE

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry pal, i don't think you have quite bought into the united mentality.
we go out to win every game. whether we can do it or not is another matter, but being in a position of having two trophies sealed, and in a good position for three more, gives us every reason to go for it.
:laugh:

Yeah, i'd rather have 4 trophies in the cabinet, than looking back and saying, we COULD have won FIVE, but ended up with TWO... :)

·
23,699 Posts
Why not? :confused:

Do we actually have a choice?! :blink:

We are already in the quarters in the CL, semis in the FA and leading 4 points in the league for the remaining three honours up for grabs to complete the quintuple. So near but yet could be so far no doubt.

What do you think we should do then? Sacrifice which for which?

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I'm more on the practical side bro :whistling:

How often can a team say we're in a position to win a quintuple? Not often does a team get into this position and as much as i agree with fergie about it being very very very difficult you have to go for it. Alot will depend on making sure everything is right in terms of selection and everything else but you have to risk loosing everything to win them all! :D Thats my logic for this season anyway because we may never be in such a position again for a long time.

One match away from a final in the fa cup...

Two ties away from another champions league final...

and...

We're STILL top of the league.

People were not questions us two matches back but a bad week at the office and everything is like we're rubbish now.

I can see what you're saying about us maybe putting more emphasis on certain trophies but 'should we pursue...' basically means like forfitting a trophy or giving up and that simply is not our way.

Go for them all i say and if we fall slightly short, it still wont be a bad season! :D

pz! :cool:

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I think not.

So, the League Cup side for the FA cup match against the Toffees.
The Quadruple is no Quintuple, but still better than Double or Treble :rolleyes:

PS : since when did the League Cup and Club World Cup count? It was always the Premiership, CL
and FA Cup completing the treble :)
dear oh dear.....

are you the famous Ibnu ramli off redcafe? :rofl:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts