Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I am a devout utd and Sir Alex fan, I have constantly doubted his faith in O'Shea, Brown and Hargreaves.

Did he ever prove me wrong today!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
You are right......You should never have doubted Sir Alex.
O'Shea and Brown are amazing pro's. They have over 550 games
between them for United. Its guys like them that are the unsung
heroes. So versatile also. They can both play along the back 4 and
OShea can play midfield and even in goals ;-)

Im baffled by people's opinions on Hargreaves, I truly am.
I believe he was the most important summer signing, and thats
saying a lot as the other 3 are top notch.
Hargo does the a lot of the donkey work that goes unnoticed
by most. With him in the team, he allows the skillful attacking players
on our team, time and space to do what they do best.

Its nice of you to admit your wrong Alison, a trait not that many
people have. So welcome to the forum and I look forward
to hearing more of your views :)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Well, all I've gotta' say is in Sir Alex we trust!
Juz' when has he ever failed us before?? When he sold Ruud Van Nistelrooy to Real Madrid, everybody over here thought that United are doomed for sure without our most potent top-scorer in the past 4 seasons. However, the fact is that without RVN, other players like Wazza & Ronnie were able to unleash their full potentials. Last season they amassed a combine tally of 48 goals & 36 assists which is equivalent to 84 out of 120 goals that United scored altogether! :eek:
Both of them were allowed the license to roam around in the opponent's penalty box freely. While RVN were here, they hve to pass to him as they lacks the confidence of scoring unlike Ruud. The same thing applies for Jaap Stam. Almost every United supporter were panicking when they knew that we had sold our best centre-back. However, we go on to win the league title the very next season.
Sometimes, ppl seems to forget about how important utilty players like JOS & Brown are to our squad. They are simply invaluable! They doesn't earn the glory when strikers score goals or when midfielders create goals. But trust me, they are the true unsung heroes for United. They are able to cover so many spots in our starting-xi. Yeah, and that's versatility! Something that not the technically superior players possessed but yet, is one of the most important thing in modern football.
Next time, think before even u doubt Fergie. How many times hve he failed us before?? :cool:

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
John O'Shea is a great character! Love the guy! He's had his mess-ups but he's a good player. As for Fletch.......Awesome this
year. The main reason, to me, is the new signings. Fletch realised he'd have to fight for his place now that there were new
crew in, and boy has he given Fergie a headache! Terrific season! Brown's always been a tough player who loves a challenge
but susceptible to lapses. Great season from him too! Fergie knows exactly what he's doing and I've never doubted him!
L-E-G-E-N-D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
you doubted SAF!!!!!!! :eek:

jk.....i too had my doubts.....but not in the 3 players you mentioned....i ahd my doubts in fletcher,silvestre(i still do)......fletcher has proved me wrong....but we should sell silvestre!!!!!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I never doubt Sir Alex never ever again!!!I've learned my lesson with Ronaldo..I remember when we sold Becks, i doubt ronny and very dissappointed with the gaffer cause well at that time, i seriously dont know anything about this ronny guy..ever since then, i promise myself, whatever Sir alex did , good or bad, i will accept it and you will never find me complaining :D

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
no doubt, no doubt at all. sir alex is truly a genius, doubters about him eventually quiet down
we have doubts when he sold some of the biggest stars when he first came to old trafford to sort out the drinking problem, we have doubts when he first bought eric cantona, we have doubts when he sold mark hughes, andrei kanchelskis and paul ince, we have doubts when he fall out with jaap stam, david beckham and ruud vannistelrooy, yet he proved us wrong time and time again.
hope he helps man united reaches new heights in his last few years with us, and clear out the doubts that ever existed

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
He's made some bold decisions and even though people question him about it,he sticks with his decison and it eventually pays off.Thats why we could'nt ask for a better manager in the world

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Its nice of you to admit your wrong Alison, a trait not that many
people have. So welcome to the forum and I look forward
to hearing more of your views :)
I'd agree he is wrong but its his opinion. Maybe he means we should have better players. I'd agree that O'shea and Brown are not world beaters. I have massive respect and faith in O'shea and Brown.

I wasn't going to mention about Hargs cos Alison is totally wrong there and i didn't think it was worth mentioning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts