Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the inevitable departure of gerard pique to barcelona it seems pointless to me to agree and £5 or £6million deal as this is no use to us really. why dont we use pique to agree a deal for one of the departing barca players, maybe giovanni dos santos would be a great swap for us ? maybe pique could be used to reel in samuel eto'o ? any thoughts on this subject guys ?

R

·
0 Posts
get rid of Pique asap i say. he's o.k, but nothing special otherwise he would have broken through already. If we can get up to 10 mill out of someone and or sell him as a part exchange i would be happy.

Z

·
0 Posts
ronaldosrightppeg said:
get rid of Pique asap i say. he's o.k, but nothing special otherwise he would have broken through already. If we can get up to 10 mill out of someone and or sell him as a part exchange i would be happy.
Pique is a fantastic prospect. Can you name another
defender in the world good enough to break up the
partnership of Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand?
I seriously doubt it.Pique must be pretty good if
Barcelona want him don't you think?

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Yeah typical Fergie ...

He hasn't a clue what he's doing does he ... :rolleyes:
Well Carly Fergie knows how to win, nobody's doubting that, but his transfer policy... Hit and Miss is the best way to describe it.

I still think selling both Alan Smith and Giuseppe Rossi in a seaon where we ended up with only two fit forwards was a bit loony.

Okay it worked out but admit it, there were points where we all had our hearts in our mouths wishing we hadn't sold the pair of them. :)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dlan4327 said:
Well Carly Fergie knows how to win, nobody's doubting that, but his transfer policy... Hit and Miss is the best way to describe it.

I still think selling both Alan Smith and Giuseppe Rossi in a seaon where we ended up with only two fit forwards was a bit loony.

Okay it worked out but admit it, there were points where we all had our hearts in our mouths wishing we hadn't sold the pair of them. :)
although there were times where i wish we had another body up front, never once did i think god i wish smith or rossi were back here :eek: have you seen smith this season truely awful, he has declined quite terribly since his horrific injury, and rossi was too lightweight for england imo no doubting his finishing though, i would agree though that someone like the alan smith we bought from leeds would fit the bill perfectly, when he started his first season he was magnificent ... time to buy eto'o imo i wouldnt complain about berbatov either and i think benzema is out of reach even though it would be a dream signing

·
Registered
36 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Yeah typical Fergie ...

He hasn't a clue what he's doing does he ... :rolleyes:
So no one is allowed to say something negative about him, is that it? I really don't think that comment was needed, no offense or anything, just my opinion. I've always supported the man, but he still can be criticised over some mainly minor things he's done down the years, mostly in regards to transfers.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I agree that if we are going to sell Pique we should use him as bait. There is likely to be a mass exodus at Barca and they have one of the greatest squads around. I would love to see eto'o at united. Thats probably 30 goals a season guaranteed. Fergie is also keen on Dos Santos and could do what he done with Ronaldo and turn his potential in to a world class act. He's too good for City.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
-zuco- said:
Pique is a fantastic prospect. Can you name another
defender in the world good enough to break up the
partnership of Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand?
I seriously doubt it.Pique must be pretty good if
Barcelona want him don't you think?
Aw. Beat me too it (as usual) zuco :p

Anyway, back to the point, they've got Pique on the cheap if hes gonna cost only £6-£7m, and I think we should offer him, plus some money, to Barca for Eto'o.

Eto'o would be great for us imo and we should definitely go for him. Hes something we don't already have, a player who can run in behind. And what a strikeforce. Eto'o, Manucho, Tevez, Rooney. :eek:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
no one is beyond criticism , not even fergie.
his record shows he gets more right than wrong , sometimes by luck and sometimes by good judgement, the law of averages says he will get it wrong sometimes but that is football.
in fergie we trust

1 - 14 of 14 Posts