Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i watch alot of spanish games when i get to, ive noticed rossi is one of virrareal's main players. think hes scored 15 goals this season and some assist. hes been their best players this season imo. dont forget we are the first club that can buy him if anyone eles steps in.

technically he is doing great. i think the premirship is adapting to technical players i think rossi would be a great signing for united. e.g modiric, nasri, arshavin, lennon etc.

hes quite fast, very smart, eye for goal.

i think united need to really consider signing this player back.

whether small or tall this kid has it all:D

however kanoute is a tall player hes 31 but hes in great goal scoring form. he can hold defenders of really easy and shows class aspects of theirry henry.

if uve watched him in recent games teaming up with luis fabiano you would try and sign him in a heartbeat hes that good at the moment.

im bringing up striker ideas mabey because we might need one more for next season to compeat against teams like chelsea/arsenal/villa/liverpool who will get one or two class players.

short term: kanoute
long term: rossi

as you can see he has great pace aswell.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Hes far too similar to Rooney/Tevez, and isnt even the best small striker in Spain, Aguero is ahead of him by a longshot...

As for Kanoute, no no and no...

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hes far too similar to Rooney/Tevez, and isnt even the best small striker in Spain, Aguero is ahead of him by a longshot...

As for Kanoute, no no and no...
why not kanoute? hes got what berbatov has but has more strengh and determination and shows real class when scoring. mabey younger. but if we had him for 1 or 2 or 3 years i belive it would be way beneficial to us.

trust me hes really changed sicne he left prem... alot of premirship teams are after him apprently

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
why not kanoute? hes got what berbatov has but has more strengh and determination and shows real class when scoring. mabey younger. but if we had him for 1 or 2 or 3 years i belive it would be way beneficial to us.

trust me hes really changed sicne he left prem... alot of premirship teams are after him apprently
Kanoute has already done his time at Spurs and he's said that he doesn't want to move back to England.

I rate the guy, I do, however he's found a fantastic environment, for him, at Sevilla.

He won't return to England. He'll probably end his career in Spain.

As for Rossi I think it's the exact same deal as Kanoute. they've both found a team environment that works for them.

Besides if Rossi does move it'll be to Italy. I love watching him but he's not the most physical of players.

Also he's pretty much Villareal's first choice striker. He has an awesome partner in Nihat, why mess with that?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
You and your Spanish football lol....

No to both would be my call.

Rossi- been there tried that, he didnt make the grade. No doubt he is a top player but we have similar players like Rooney and Tevez.

Kanoute- has been great the last few seasons but is too old and not good enough for United.
If we are to get a top striker it would need to be in the Eto'o, Villa, Benzema mould.... that is if we are to get rid of Tevez.

·
crushed like a bug in the ground
9,195 Posts
I think Rossi would be a good buy, but as others have said he is very similar to Rooney and Tevez, despite being quicker and more of a goal poacher than those 2. If Tevez leaves than I would be happy if he was signed.

As for Kanoute, as much as I rate him as a player, we simply don't need the guy. His is pretty much the same type of player as Berbatov, and he is older than Berba. He is class, but not required when we have another top quality striker to do the same job that he would do.

·
Registered
773 Posts
You and your Spanish football lol....

No to both would be my call.

Rossi- been there tried that, he didnt make the grade. No doubt he is a top player but we have similar players like Rooney and Tevez.

Kanoute- has been great the last few seasons but is too old and not good enough for United.
If we are to get a top striker it would need to be in the Eto'o, Villa, Benzema mould.... that is if we are to get rid of Tevez.
Agree !! Rossi had a good life there, and i believe he is happy with his life right now...We have seen Kanoute at his Spur day......

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Sigh..... these threads that bring back painful memories.

I really was sad the day Rossi signed for Villarreal. I rate him highly and think he has phenomenal and mercurial talent.

Micah Richards said Rossi was the toughest opponent he ever faces, proving that you don't have to be built like Drogba to bamboozle premier league defenders. (been a while since I used the word bamboozle btw ...)

Some say he didn't make the grade, but was he really given the chance? Diego Forlan for example was given a lot more chances before being shipped off. In the end, I think it came down to Rossi wanting first team football and Sir Alex not being able to guarantee it.

No point in discussing signing him though. He's made his choice and is happy in Spain.

Kanoute is a good shout. He could do a job for us, but he's revered at Sevilla, so it is unlikely he will want to become a bit-part player, even if it were for a top club for united.

He's enjoying his football and is loved by the fans, so why stop a good thing?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts