Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 1351 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently Alex Ferguson is willing to use Silvestre and £12-£15m in cash to lure Michael Carrick to Old Trafford.

Carrick has told Spurs he wants to go to Old Trafford, so Jol may be tempted by Silvestre or John O'Shea and cash.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That Would Be A Good Deal Coz I Think Silvestre Is The Most Bumbling, Clumsiest Defender In England And Iwould Be Glad To See The Back Of Him. Plus We Need A Good Midfielder Like Carrick. He Can Tackle Is A Good Passer Of The Ball And Has A Good Engine. Not A Patch On Keane But Then Again Who Is? I Can Only Think Of A Couple-gerrard And Viera.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with you're assessment of Silvestre, we'll have to wait and see..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Lol, don't get me wrong I hope they accept but just can't see it. Tbh I don't think he's worth that kinda money. 13 million sounds right for a player with no Champions League experience, 16 mill is over o.t.t. Just a question but who do you prefer ; Mascherano or Carrick?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd go for Mascherano, i think that Carrick is overrated..

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
I would think that would be a fair deal for both parties involved here. We don't really need tweety any more and I'd pick Evra any day over him if it ever came down to that.

·
Since 1976
2,233 Posts
Ever since Arnold Muhren we have not had that gifted left foot midfielder. GIGGS dont count as he carved out his career as a wingman when we play sides like city and chelsea those left footed guys Mata Silva always seem to be at the heart of their attacking prowess. If Wilshere was available he would prove to be a good UNITED player the boy has talent.. just a thought.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
He has stated a number of times that he'd never leave Arsenal...

Footballers may not be the type to stick to their word but i imagine it would be very hard to prise him off their hands, even if he was you'd still get City and Chelsea throwing big bucks his way and perhaps some of Spanish big boys.

Can't see it happening ever, also think he needs another stable season without major injury to really live up to the hype.

·
GOAT
6,081 Posts
Unless something dramatic happens at that club, he'll never leave them. You can see how much that club means to him, he loves Arsenal and I can see him staying there for a very long time.

If he was available though, I'd expect Fergie to do everything in his power to get him here because he's going to become the best English midfielder in the world if he stays injury free.

I wouldn't be surprised if Barcelona tried to get him in the next couple years, he suits them to the ground.

·
Since 1976
2,233 Posts
Unless something dramatic happens at that club, he'll never leave them. You can see how much that club means to him, he loves Arsenal and I can see him staying there for a very long time.

If he was available though, I'd expect Fergie to do everything in his power to get him here because he's going to become the best English midfielder in the world if he stays injury free.

I wouldn't be surprised if Barcelona tried to get him in the next couple years, he suits them to the ground.
Tom we need someone of his ilk and fast!

·
^The Special 1^
398 Posts
Us buying Walcott is like buying Scott Sinclair for City. Of course, Walcott is better, but the point is the same - except we'd be paying Walcott closer to 100k, and Sinclair's probably only on 50-60k. Actually, it's like us buying Ashley Young. Another one, to go with the one we have. A player not good enough to start regularly for us, on a high wage and transfer fee, and, really, 1 'squad' winger is enough, especially since we aren't playing with 2 wingers much of the time compared to seasons gone by (i.e. last season).

Very quickly, the silly people who actually got excited about the signing, will want him out. Arsenal is his level. He can be a decent player for Arsenal.

Getting him is just a waste of cash, for a team of our calibre, with the wingers we have.

He'll never be close to our XI, and NEVER be close to the striker position he repetitively complains about deserving. No problem against him - he's one of the bigger threats Arsenal have, but nothing on Valencia / Nani and again, we don't need another player at Young's level.

Oxlade would go for crazy money, and he's been absolutely gash lately. No reason to panic, but he's not worth buying at the moment. Struggling to get minutes at Arsenal - he's very young but overrated.

Wilshere on the other hand, is a world class TALENT. I'd rather get him than anyone else in the Premier league, that we can realistically get (No City/Chelsea players like Silva / Mata / Kompany). He's going to be better than players like Dembele/Fellaini who many have wanted (although, they are different types of midfielders to Wilshere - obviously considering their physique) and instead of spending 15 million plus wages on one of them, (Fellaini's probably going for more than that now, such is his hype), I'd rather get Wilshere for 30 million. I'd also go for Bale at that price, but no more for Bale. If I had a choice of one, i'd definitely go for Wilshere over Bale, too, even though Bale's proved more and we are going to need to strengthen the LW if Nani goes.

Wilshere's going to be the only great English player, alongside a very very good Hart in the next generation.

1 - 20 of 1351 Posts