Manchester United Talk banner

41 - 60 of 1351 Posts

·
Registered
26,222 Posts
I would spend £40 million on him without hesitation. He has the lot. He'd be world class by now if it wasn't for being out of action for close to a year. If he wants to stay in England and Arsenal are willing to listen to offers, Wenger would rather him join us than City.

A midfield three of Carrick, Cleverley and Wilshere is fap worthy stuff. The closest thing to an Iniesta out there, except maybe Thiago.

·
Agonising transfer muppet
3,306 Posts
I would spend £40 million on him without hesitation. He has the lot. He'd be world class by now if it wasn't for being out of action for close to a year. If he wants to stay in England and Arsenal are willing to listen to offers, Wenger would rather him join us than City.

A midfield three of Carrick, Cleverley and Wilshere is fap worthy stuff. The closest thing to an Iniesta out there, except maybe Thiago.
And Cazorla.....

Wilshere can play anywhere in midfield though. I would also spend that much on him he is a genius. Imagine him and Powell together in a couple of years.....:gold

·
I can't be arsed
4,680 Posts
Hmm. People here seem to be seeing something I am not.
So far I have thought him good in patches.

I also don't quite trust the 'Jonathan Woodgate effect'.
You can't separate a player from his injury record, and say that they would be world class if it wasn't for them.

Some players are just injury prone, or simply unlucky.
At school we used to have a kid who was always in the wrong place at the wrong time, and got injured without fail.

·
This is how it feels to be City....
15,156 Posts
Should move for the good of his career - but get the feeling he'll be another Gerrard / Le Tissier

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Wilshere is too small to stay at Arsenal forever, these little men need to prove something all the time and there's no way he'll be happy with a career without trophies. He'll get frustrated and move.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Because I'm DC said:
Perfect for us, but he will end up at City, along with Cazorla and Vermaelen.
It's hard to know what he'll do, a lot of people said the same about RVP.

Wilshere's whole life has been Utd domination, he'll either love or hate us. Hopefully he respects the prestige of playing for the biggest and best club in the country.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Hate this "he'll end up at City" bullshit.

Not everyone is a sell out merc, some want to play for the biggest club in the world.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Hate this "he'll end up at City" bullshit.

Not everyone is a sell out merc, some want to play for the biggest club in the world.
I've never even understood this notion. It makes no sense.

Throughout football history, players have chosen who they want to play for on the basis of two things - the wages and the scope for winning trophies. If history was at all important then everyone would want to play for Liverpool and Ajax, but they don't, because in the present, they're shit.

·
Señor fluffy face.
7,323 Posts

Throughout football history, players have chosen who they want to play for on the basis of two things - the wages and the scope for winning trophies. If history was at all important then everyone would want to play for Liverpool and Ajax, but they don't, because in the present, they're shit.
But Ajax > City so technically he'll end up at Ajax if he's a sellout merc?

Hmm.. maybe that logic doesnt work so well.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Because I'm DC said:

Could he win more at City than Utd?

So it comes down to money and prestige? If you like a bit more money then it's City, if you like prestige it's Utd.

Anyone who chooses City over Utd is a merc IMO. Unless City could offer more playing time for some reason.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Could he win more at City than Utd?

So it comes down to money and prestige? If you like a bit more money then it's City, if you like prestige it's Utd.

Anyone who chooses City over Utd is a merc IMO.
I don't necessarily think he'll choose City over United, I just think he's more likely to go there. Wenger was reluctant to do business with us with Nasri and van Persie (although we managed to get the latter).

The expectation not to talk about money as a factor in a transfer move only leads to horribly disingenuous comments about supporting a certain club as a child or joining a "project".

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
He has stated a number of times that he'd never leave Arsenal...

Footballers may not be the type to stick to their word but i imagine it would be very hard to prise him off their hands, even if he was you'd still get City and Chelsea throwing big bucks his way and perhaps some of Spanish big boys.

Can't see it happening ever, also think he needs another stable season without major injury to really live up to the hype.
RVP grew up as an Arsenal fan, and look at him now. Wilshere is a Liverpool fan (as far as I know) I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves Arsenal one day.

41 - 60 of 1351 Posts