Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sir Alex Ferguson insisted he had "no problem" with Cristiano Ronaldo's show of dissent and, for entirely different *reasons, Carlos Tevez's own protests during the course of a comfortable derby win that has left Manchester United on the brink of their 18th league title.

Ronaldo had a fit of pique after being substituted an hour into the 2-0 defeat of Manchester City, whereas Tevez went into the match on the back of an interview with the News of the World in which he reiterated his feelings that he had no future at the club. Tevez pointedly celebrated scoring the second goal by running in front of the dugout and cupping his ears, looking up towards the club's directors.

Ronaldo was even more animated, repeatedly shaking his head and throwing his arms around as he took his seat in the dugout, and left the ground within 15 minutes of the game ending. "You know what he's like," Ferguson said afterwards. "He wanted to stay on. It's a simple *reason. He's such a great athlete but don't forget he's run his socks off on Tuesday [against Arsenal]. I've got Wednesday's game against Wigan and Saturday against *Arsenal to think about. I've got to look at how we can get through these games and keep the players as fresh as I can. He's in great form but I've got to look at the bigger picture."

Tevez's own frustration stems from a growing sense of resignation that United have no plans to pay the £22m necessary to turn his two-year loan arrangement into a permanent deal. The Argentinian's adviser, Kia Joorabchian, intends to accelerate the search for a new club this week, with City among the early candidates. Mark Hughes, the City manager, described Tevez's performance as "exceptional".

As well as a host of top European clubs, including Real Madrid and Internazionale, Liverpool are also said to be monitoring Tevez's position, although the striker has decided not to entertain the idea of a switch to Anfield out of respect to the Old Trafford supporters who again implored Ferguson to "sign him up".

The chances of that happening appear to be receding, however, with Ferguson conceding that "nothing has changed" as well as making a pointed remark about the crowd's affections for Tevez. "The fans love a trier," he said. "That's the great thing about football. A lad who tries a lot can be forgiven for a lot of things."

Ferguson insisted he had no issue with Tevez going public with his grievances. "Not at all. If he keeps scoring I've got absolutely no problem."

United need four points from their remaining three games to sew up the championship.

Sir Alex Ferguson not fazed by Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez | Football | The Guardian

Anyone reckon this is nothing but a front by the boss ? I really cant see him being pleased with that Tevez interview that appeared in this mornings paper and what about Ronny leaving the ground within minutes off the match ? All seems a bit crazy

·
Registered
107 Posts
I find it rather strange that Ferguson is fighting so hard to keep a player like Ronaldo, someone who always flirt openly with Real Madrid and behaves so childishly. Somehow, a player who fights hard for the team like Tevez is treated rather poorly.

It's true that Ronaldo is a better player than Tevez, but over time, Ronaldo's tantrums will definitely cause some unrest in the dressing room. That I think it could be rather damaging, and when he finally have had enough, he could easily lose his motivation to play for the team and force his way out.

Ultimately, Man Utd could stand to lose Tevez for next season, and Ronaldo the one after (maybe even next season). That would be a real problem.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I find it rather strange that Ferguson is fighting so hard to keep a player like Ronaldo, someone who always flirt openly with Real Madrid and behaves so childishly. Somehow, a player who fights hard for the team like Tevez is treated rather poorly.

It's true that Ronaldo is a better player than Tevez, but over time, Ronaldo's tantrums will definitely cause some unrest in the dressing room. That I think it could be rather damaging, and when he finally have had enough, he could easily lose his motivation to play for the team and force his way out.

Ultimately, Man Utd could stand to lose Tevez for next season, and Ronaldo the one after (maybe even next season). That would be a real problem.
Fergie gets shot of a player after he feels there time is up at the club. i.e Beckham, RVN ect.

G

·
lets say they both f-off have a look at our team

VDS

RAFAEL
VIDIC
FERDINAND
EVRA

HARGREAVES
ANDERSON
CARRICK
PARK

ROONEY
BERBATOV

i dont see to many problems with that.

G

·
you dont replace him, you just evolve, just like SAF has done with his teams over the years. I never thought united would be the same without Cantona then again after Schmeichel then again after Becks then again after Keane....United will still be at the top with or without Ronaldo.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
you dont replace him, you just evolve, just like SAF has done with his teams over the years. I never thought united would be the same without Cantona then again after Schmeichel then again after Becks then again after Keane....United will still be at the top with or without Ronaldo.
:thumbsup:

thats right. we evolve. no one player would ever be bigger than a club, further more manchester united.

·
Registered
773 Posts
lets say they both f-off have a look at our team

VDS

RAFAEL
VIDIC
FERDINAND
EVRA

HARGREAVES
ANDERSON
CARRICK
PARK

ROONEY
BERBATOV

i dont see to many problems with that.
You do realise Ronaldo has scored over 90 goals in his last 3 seasons with us.

How do you possibly replace that?
We could see Berbatov scoring lots of goals in this team...he will be back to his best...if and only if ronaldo leave...but i don't see him leaving yet..

·
Registered
2 Posts
He prob left so soon after the match ended to get down the Moon Under Water as he heard they do a five quid Sunday roast and pint deal.
Ronaldo's reaction was pure petulance and I'm sure we'll not know how or what Fergie did to deal with it but as we have seen before, Fergie doesn't take lightly to Big Time Charlies who blatantly oppose his authority, especially in public.
On the other side of the coin, We have the greatest player in the world in our midst and he has to play it right to keep him, although letting it slide will allow Ronaldo to carry on his ****-antics......

G

·
possible scenarios

1/ ronaldo is just throwing his toys out the pram and loves the attention

2/ ronaldo was genuinely upset about being subbed and loves the attention

3/ fergie told him to act out the whole thing to take the attention away from tevez, and he loves the attention

4/ real madrid asked ronaldo to unsettle tevez and then join him in the uprising at the end of season, and he loves the attention

im sure there is more you could add.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
You do realise Ronaldo has scored over 90 goals in his last 3 seasons with us.

How do you possibly replace that?
We can't replace him.
But we could take 70M+ for him and we buy 2-3 good players.

For example: Ribery + Benzema

-----------------Benzema-------------------
--------------Berbatov----------------------
Rooney --- Carrick - Hargreaves --- Ribery

This line-up has the class to make us champions.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ronny is a fool. On the bench yesterday he purposefully shook his had for like 30 secs knowing full well the camera man was looking at him. Attention seeking whore ! On the other hand I do understand the bosses reasoning as we have two huge games over the next 6 days to seal the league which will be important as it will give us more time to rest players for the Champions league final.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.