Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Fergie is great and i hope he stay in manchester for 5 more years. And that's because 25 years coaching in 1 great team would be a honnor. But after him who whould be in charge , i hope someone like Marcello Lippi be a good choice.

·
Registered
414 Posts
can see fergie staying another 10yrs if finances dont cripple the club. the proof how good a manager he is can also be seen by how many ex players of his have gone on to become not only good human beings but good managers, good managers at that.
Gordan Strachan
Paul Ince
Steve Bruce
Bryan Robson
Viv Anderson
Mark Hughes
Roy Keane
Alex Mcleish
Willie Miller
im sure there are more, anybody?

·
Registered
414 Posts
would be absolutely amazin to see keane as manager, but, is what makes sir alex a greatly driven manager his failure as a player??? Keanes drive to win i think can see him get impatient, as he did with veron(pushed him so hard he broke) what a waste of a genius of a player. Would Keane be able to maintain a winning team over a decade??? Or having won nearly everything already will he loose the hunger after a seasons failure, and would the board have it?.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree Keano for manager when Fergie retires, KEANO has passion, commitment, he shares Fergie's hard disiplineary no nonsense methods, he comands respect and knows UNITED the set up and we will win trophies with KEANO as next manager
There's only one Keano and his heart belongs at OT in the future

·
Registered
128 Posts
The best manager in the world in my opinion. His main weakness is tactics but most Scottish Managers are like that anyway.

Sir Alex Ferguson will leave when he has secured two things.

Sir Matt Busby has stayed in the club for 24 years so Sir Alex is going to want to at least equal that which means another 4-5 years

Sir Alex will want to leave with the Champions League trophy in one hand and a team set to dominate on the other. He wants to leave Manchester United when United are strong its like a father-son relationship.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
SAF has now been in charge of more games than Sir Matt Busby. He only just passed his record toward the end of last season. SAF has been manager for about 1150 games to Busbys 1140 or so. Its incredible really if you think about it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
If roy keane keeps going the way he is then i want him he knows alex's vision and he wont take shit from anyone.:mad:
quieroz has been a good addition to the staff, but i dont want him as hes foreingn and might change the footballing ethos put in place by sir mat and sir alex etc. We dont want anyone making us play like the new liverpool and chelsea (bore!);)

·
Registered
265 Posts
md92h said:
Fergie is great and i hope he stay in manchester for 5 more years. And that's because 25 years coaching in 1 great team would be a honnor. But after him who whould be in charge , i hope someone like Marcello Lippi be a good choice.
the transition is gonna be hard as we cant imagine united without him, but i dont want united to play in an italian style. first chelsea then liverpool,our country's loosing its identity lets not loose it from our league!

·
Registered
9 Posts
legend in every right!!!!!!!everyone has to accept that managing a Club Team in this new era of football is very difficult owing to the club pressure,media pressure , pressure of failure,the money involved however Sir Alex has beaten all that and is a Living Legend hats off to that Man!!!!

21 - 40 of 70 Posts