Manchester United Talk banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
lads we all know keane is a united legend but he has nowhere near the experience needed to manage a club like united not for another 5 or 10 years at least anyway, personally i would like to see mark hughes or martin o neil take the job wen fergie eventually decides to call it a day

·
Registered
309 Posts
robhour said:
lads we all know keane is a united legend but he has nowhere near the experience needed to manage a club like united not for another 5 or 10 years at least anyway, personally i would like to see mark hughes or martin o neil take the job wen fergie eventually decides to call it a day
I agree That Martin O'Neill is probably the ideal candidate for the Job as was 5 years ago when Fergie was going to retire back then . He is resourceful, intelligent, an excellent motivator and has that knack of turning mediocre players into good players. Unlike any other current Irish or British manager he has actually won trophies in both Scotland and England-he even won 2 league cups with Leicester. He is transforming Villa into a decent now too.

As a dark horse I think Paul Jewell could be a long term replacement presuming Fergie stays anothr 5 years. He has performed minor miracles with Wigan and bradford and talks a lot of sense when speaking to the media and now that he his at a relatively big club ,Derby, he might actually have a chance of winning trophies albeit not this season.

Jury, I believe is still out on Hughes and Keano. Hughes's style of football, simialr to his own playing style is rough and combatitive, sometimes cynical without being very pretty. This would not go down well at United in my opinion.

Its intersting reading the threads from back in July touting keano as next manager.Not quite as straightforward now as Sunderland toil. Roy is still green and I dont mean his nationality!His transfer dealings as an example have been questionable at best

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
SAF is truly a great manager.........the stats say it all......i think the next manager may be hughes of blackburn..he is a very good manager and has proved himself at blackburn.......

61 - 70 of 70 Posts