Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fergie: Real never wanted Heinze
http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/10/28/Prem-Ferguson-on-HeinzeRonaldo/

by Laurent Picard, 28 October 2008

Sir Alex Ferguson has claimed that Real Madrid only signed Gabriel Heinze from Manchester United in 2007 in a bid to try and lure his good friend Cristiano Ronaldo from Old Trafford.

Heinze was never a transfer priority to Los Merengues, according to Ferguson, as the Scot believes the Spanish champions had a plan when they captured the Argentinian left back.

The Red Devils chief claims Real were already desperate to sign Ronaldo, and thought that brining one of his best pals to the Santiago Bernabeu would definitely convince him to follow in his footsteps.

Ferguson has attacked the Primera Liga giants and named them as ‘General Franco's club'.

“When we sold Gabriel Heinze to Real Madrid we knew it was going to happen, because Ronaldo was very close to Heinze,†Ferguson told GQ's December issue, which is released on Thursday and reproduced in The Times.

“I knew what they were doing. I don't believe they were interested in Heinze - good player though he is. The end-game was to get Ronaldo.

“What made it really obscene was that Madrid, as General Franco's club, had a history of being able to get whoever and whatever they wanted, before democracy came t Spain.â€

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
hmmm...some pretty harhs accusations but i suppose it doesn't matter nowadays what's been said but who's saying it...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ferguson is the smartest coach ever! I like the way he thinks! If it's so then real madrid are s*ckers!!! they are very funny guys over there! in all ways gaby put himself out of the team few months before he left for madrid with his perfomances and his behavior! but he is in the first 11 in every match i think(i dont watch a lot of real games. i dont like the football they play).

In any way real always bought players who had very poor performances in united for the last games...heinze's carrier ended when he injured his knee against villareal, since then evra was better!
Vannistelrooy had a lot of issues with the team 9 months before he has signed a contract with real. he didnt even play in the Carling Cup final against wigan in cardiff!!!

David Beckham married that [email protected] b1tc victoria adams who wanted to accomplish her american dream in holywood :p that's why she persuaded david to move in madrid. ferguson "sent him off" with a shoe in his head :)

Ronaldo stayed at united coz he has a lot of years of football! when he will not be able to performance like that or his behaviour will be against sir alex willing he will move to real....

Real's main goal is to sell shirts of their stars, they are always trying to have the best idividuals but they never have the best team!!! i believe fletch could play better that gutti i.e :p

Let's hope fergie will stay as a first team manager for more years :)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
all they could do is buy... but they dont no how to use
the players, thats why beckham went there and wants
to leave, looks like heinze is next, only one went well is
RVD... Real is an A55.. im sure IF he gets ronnie from us
ronnie will loose everything in his career, never gonna
get a european silverware at all!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
EXCLUSIVE: Fergie's talking rubbish - Heinze fury at Ronaldo claim

Sir Alex Ferguson was last night accused of talking 'absolute fiction' by former Manchester United star Gabriel Heinze in a row over Cristiano Ronaldo.
United boss Ferguson suggested this week that Real Madrid signed Heinze last year simply to use his friendship with Ronaldo as a way of luring the winger to the Spanish club.

But last night Heinze rubbished his former boss's theory — and insisted the newly- crowned world player of the year would become an even better player if he swapped Old Trafford for the Bernabeu.
Heinze said: ‘This theory of Ferguson about me going to Real in order to persuade Cristiano to come the following summer is a work of absolute fiction. I am a very good friend of Cristiano Ronaldo. This is true, but he always decides his own future. Cristiano is a clever person and he decides himself what is best for his own life.

'If he asks me a question about Real then, of course, I will answer, but I'm not a bad influence on him. Ferguson has spoken about me in the last months and I don’t understand this. I thought he had forgotten me.
'He’s the boss at United and any person who protests about anything is marginalised. This was my problem at times when I was there. Ferguson cannot stop my quotes because I’m not now at United.
'I'm actually convinced Cristiano would offer Madrid even bigger performances than he has at United. That is my opinion and it is normal that I have wanted him to come and play with us here in La Liga.'

The United manager and Argentina star Heinze parted on bad terms in August last year when the defender joined Real after Fergie had refused to allow the 30-year-old to move to North West rivals Liverpool.

Yet Ferguson’s suggestion in an interview in GQ magazine that Real signed Heinze — he has played 22 times for the Spaniards — for reasons other than his football ability, have come as a shock. Asked about the Ronaldo saga which dominated United’s summer, Ferguson said: 'It was different for me because I knew it was coming. So I wasn’t surprised.
'When we sold Heinze to Real Madrid, we knew what was going to happen, because Ronaldo was very close to him.
'I knew what they were doing. I don’t believe they were interested in Heinze — good player though he is. The end-game was to get Ronaldo.'
The comments of Ferguson, whose side face West Ham tonight, will only add to the tension between United and Real in the wake of the scrap for Ronaldo's services.
In the same inter view, Ferguson also takes a swipe at FIFA president Sepp Blatter who suggested that keeping Ronaldo against his wishes was tantamount to slavery.
Ferguson said: 'Sepp Blatter is in danger, or has reached a point now, where he is being mocked within the game.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1081364/EXCLUSIVE-Fergies-talking-rubbish--Heinze-fury-Ronaldo-claim.html

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
spellbound - yeah, i knew that would be the answer from madrid...and to be completely honest i agree that they didn't sign heinze only for that reason...it's a bit ridiculous claim, but as i said - it doesn't matter what's been said , it matters who said it,and when saf said it i almost believed him....heinze was one of the best lb's at time - it is normal that a club real's size would come knocking for him,especially cos he wanted to leave

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Fergie talking rubbish??And his talk of wanting to go to liverpool not?:rolleyes:

No matter how rubbish he think Fergie words is, i like it..infact soooooooooo much! too bad if he feels hurt by it..now lets wait for madrid to come out with a statement to that with their version..*yawn*:eek:

·
Registered
854 Posts
Fergie is right. Heinze got to start with Argentina, United, Madrid but i don't know how. When he was with us i used to say how bad he was but no one would listen. He's terrible I swear. Watch his next game he is so erratic boots the ball when ever he gets it. He's awful and so far behind Evra.
I know watch Real to see how bad he was, when I showed a few of my mates they agreed with me. Honestly people who disagree sit down and watch him for 90 mins.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
Fergie is right. Heinze got to start with Argentina, United, Madrid but i don't know how. When he was with us i used to say how bad he was but no one would listen. He's terrible I swear. Watch his next game he is so erratic boots the ball when ever he gets it. He's awful and so far behind Evra.
I know watch Real to see how bad he was, when I showed a few of my mates they agreed with me. Honestly people who disagree sit down and watch him for 90 mins.
SO YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT ME AND 90 PERCENT OF UNITED FANS WERE WRONG WHEN PICKING HIM FOR THE PLAYER OF THE YEAR IN HIS FIRST SEASON...before evra came he was the best lb in the world...no one could pass by him and he was always attacking and providing great crosses.....

·
Registered
854 Posts
CROoney said:
SO YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT ME AND 90 PERCENT OF UNITED FANS WERE WRONG WHEN PICKING HIM FOR THE PLAYER OF THE YEAR IN HIS FIRST SEASON...before evra came he was the best lb in the world...no one could pass by him and he was always attacking and providing great crosses.....
no he was very good in his 1st year a bit overrated imo. Btw his crosses have always been terrible. But since he came back from his injury he's been a disastor for club and country. To say that noone could get past him is wrong tho.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
christianoharleiro said:
I haven't seen Heinze much recently, but to say he was bad with utd... thats like saying Fletcher is better than Hargreaves... oh wait
very intelligent - now i see why you have your diploma .... :p
just kidding - in all honesty your comparision is right. I can't see anything wrong in it

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
no he was very good in his 1st year a bit overrated imo. Btw his crosses have always been terrible. But since he came back from his injury he's been a disastor for club and country. To say that noone could get past him is wrong tho.
his crosses are very good...
btw has anyone noticed that evra can't cross , or at least he doesn't use it much....

he tends to run straight into the box then give a back pass

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
CROoney said:
btw has anyone noticed that evra can't cross , or at least he doesn't use it much....

Evra is a great crosser of the ball but he don't tend to cross the ball allot and as you have said he prefer to go into the area more

remember the cross to Rooney versus Arsenal in 2006/2007 :eek:

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
He gave United his all and played his heart out!! And did good in his first season but to be honest his form dropped. He was never a composed player... everything was high tempo with him.

Kinda like Rio and Carragher in CB
Rio = Simply Class
Carragher = wear's his heart on his sleave

Heinze = played his heart out
Evra = Simply Class

i would have Rio and Evra in my team anyday over the all gun's blazing other two player's!

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
CROoney said:

lol Evra is one of the best in the business at attacking, he make's his way into the box with simple one two's.
He doesn't need to cross...... :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts