Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
23,699 Posts

·
23,699 Posts
footballfancast

Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted there is still work to be done in knitting his Manchester United players together into a team unit despite Saturday's 2-0 victory over Bolton Wanderers.

United bounced back from a below-par first-half display to take the points and a first home Premier League victory of the season courtesy of a Cristiano Ronaldo penalty and second from substitute Wayne Rooney.

But after the victory, Ferguson admitted he has yet to find the right formula to fit all of his attacking talents together effectively.

"We were careless with our possession at time in the first half and we got caught on the counter-attack," he claimed.

"I felt we played too tightly. There were too many six-yard passes, instead of spreading the game quicker.

"In the second half we had far more width in our game and I'm very satisfied with how the game turned out.

"I think it was a well deserved victory. We played some fantastic football at times - we have the individuals to do that when you consider the skills of Scholes, Anderson, Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov.

"There is an array of talent here. We just have to garner it together and get compact teamwork out of it." ...............

Nothing new here. Just a confirmation from Fergie to what we have been speculating in this forum. Happy problem to have though but nonetheless a tricky one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts