Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sir Alex Ferguson is targeting Sevilla wingback Daniel Alves for a summer move to Manchester United

United scouts were in Spain recently to watch the Alves play, and they were rewarded as the Brazil international put on a stunning display in Sevilla's 2-0 win over Villarreal.

With the right-back position a priority at Old Trafford, Ferguson is preparing to launch a ₤25 million bid in an attempt to lure Alves away from the likes of Chelsea and Barcelona.

And the 24-year-old, who had a proposed move to Stamford Bridge blocked earlier this season, has confessed he would be thrilled to play for any of the major parties interested in him.

"I was upset when Sevilla turned down the Chelsea offer," the Brazilian said.

"I wouldn't wish the disappointment I felt on anyone. It was very hard.

"But if I leave this summer and get a deal which makes me as happy then perhaps it was not a disaster. I know Barca, Real Madrid, Chelsea and United want me and I'd be honoured to go to any of them.

"The key thing is I move to develop my career and that I keep on winning trophies."

Alves has won back-to-back UEFA Cups with Sevilla and Copa America with Brazil, but his thirst for silverware is far from quenched.

He added: "I need to play for a team which is always in the Champions League, which goes out to win every game and which has a philosophy of attacking football."

Mike Maguire goal.com
2 thumbs!!!

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
yeah we should buy him he is perfect
but isnt lahm better than him i know that lahm is faster and capable to play in the left and the right and cost less

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
abojodeh said:
lahm only cost 15 million so i prefer lahm
and alves would like to play in a spanish team he sayed that a year ago
there was rumor between dani and barca but i hope speculation runs low as Dani would fit the bill his the man for the job

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I wish we would sign him BUT apparently Barca have reached a pre-contract with him and personal terms have been met and the only thing left is the 2 clubs agreeing on a fee but its like 90% complete and will be carried out over the summer...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
abojodeh said:
lahm wouldnt cost 15m :| he's already said that he wants to stay at bayern, why would he want to go he's a commited german and next saeson they'll be a formidable side in the champions league again after a couple of season off the boil, i cant see him moving and he said him self he would want to leave, alves would be a great buy tho:cool:

abojodeh said:
lahm wouldnt cost 15m :| he's already said that he wants to stay at bayern, why would he want to go he's a commited german and next saeson they'll be a formidable side in the champions league again after a couple of season off the boil, i cant see him moving and he said him self he wouldnt want to leave, alves would be a great buy tho:cool:

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i think it is utter crap...i dont think he will come to us.....
and 25 mill euros is not the correct price i think.....it must have been more.....
sevilla wont let him out cheap......

1 - 20 of 31 Posts