Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks an excellent player but in all honesty cant see the point of buying him as it would mean we would never see the likes of danny simpson or the brazilian twins getting a chance if we keep bringing in players and ignoring teh ones we already have .

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wouldnt waste that amount of money on Dani Alves, yeah he can be a good player but I've seen many spanish games where he just doesnt give enough, like he cant be bothered. I would sooner like to see Danny Simpson come into the team rather than pay out that kind of money.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I really don't see what's the fuss about Daniel Alves...true, he is considered by many to be the best right back in the world now. But the truth is, he simply isn't. Primarily, a right back's job is to defend the wings from opposition attacks and push forward when a safe opportunity arises. Their main task is to prevent opposition players crossing or cutting the ball back into the penalty area. In some defensive systems, full backs man-mark opponents. Most full backs are also expected to provide an attacking dimension by getting upfield along the wings and providing crosses.

Daniel Alves does not defend well... he pushes forward a lot, now there is nothing wrong with this. Defenders like Patrice Evra do this, but their defensive abilities balance out. Daniel Alves's doesn't. Alves's defensive skills are just above average therefore talks of him being the best right back in the world make him overrated. He's not a good defender - Not even compared to Lahm and Evra, who aren't amazing defensively either - but they can put their foot in, they can be solid positionally and they can slide tackle.

Two Evras? Sounds fantastic at first but could well leave us rather insecure defensively. Ideally, I think we need a right back who is tall and strong. We have a short side, and defending corners we only have Rio and Vidic who look particularly strong.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.